Article Content Idea- Survey Results

Your readers love reading the RESULTS of relevant SURVEYS you’ve conducted in your niche. Give it to them in your next set of articles.

Why articles that include the results of surveys are valuable:

• You are delivering the result of most likely hours/days or weeks of research.
  • You are summarizing mountains of data into a less than 1,000 word summary.
  • You are helping your reader to key into which numbers in the results are important and why.
  • You are identifying how to evaluate the results…ie: What does it mean for their business.

Most surveys you produce will most likely produce too much data for just one article and that’s the beauty of why a single survey result can help you easily produce a series of 2-15 articles.

Some examples of existing EzineArticles written that give survey results:

Word of Caution:

It’s better to share the survey results from surveys YOU HAVE DONE personally or YOUR COMPANY has done. Never share the results of surveys that came from proprietary information you had to pay for. I recommend never writing articles that use the basis of someone else’s survey results as the basis of your article(s).

Have you ever written articles to deliver the insights from a survey result you’ve done?

John Buchanan writes:

Good idea!

Comment provided April 18, 2008 at 2:07 PM

Laurie Sheppard writes:

I hadn’t thought of this, thanks for the suggestion. Any ideas which survey systems are the most reliable, cost-effective and get through the spam filters to reach my clients??

Comment provided April 18, 2008 at 2:50 PM

SurveyMonkey is pretty popular.

As for email deliverability, the most important component is reputation of your email service provider followed by your own market reputation for being a permission-based respecter.

Comment provided April 18, 2008 at 2:58 PM

Laurie Sheppard writes:

Thanks. I am familiar with Survey Monkey from others who’ve used them, so it’s good to hear another expert recommendation. Thanks, Chris.

Comment provided April 18, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Steve writes:

Comment provided April 18, 2008 at 3:53 PM

Dennis Driscoll writes:

First off I have to say I always read your information that you put out. You are becoming one of my must reads for newsletters. I have received more than a few good ideas from you in the past Thank You!

But this is a great idea! I am just not sure why I have not thought of it in the past since I regulary post reviews etc, for the purpose of incoming links.

What about the results that you get from a poll you may start at someone else forum?

Do you feel that would be ethical to use that information as long as you started the poll?

I would be interested to have your input on this.

Thanks again

Comment provided April 18, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Well, it seems to me that analyzing data from surveys, makes sense too, because as an expert in the field you can explain what the data means and why the results came out that way. Many Trade Publications have surveys with brief commentary, or sometimes none. Thus, surveys must be flushed out with expert opinions.

This is something that is very common on Industry Business Blogging Networks, and there is a big need for such content. I read data and survey information all the time and stick that data into articles to make my point. I also refer to surveys, cite them in articles and question the validity of the survey, phrased questions, point out anomalies or the fact that industry association players who participated are not the average industry participant or do not represent all the cross-industry bundlers, sellers or internet referral sites homing in on that work for a fee.

There is way more to this blog post that needs to be disscussed, but with that said, it is very important that expert authors have survey type articles and data to back up their words. Otherwise its just run-of-the-mill opinion, and quite frankly there is already too much of this on the Internet already. I.e. too many rear-end orfices.

Comment provided April 18, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Amy writes:

thank you i like that survery site okay

Comment provided April 18, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Hi Chris,

Its a nice idea that we can write articles based on the surveys we do. Will try the same hereafter while writing the articles.

Thanks for the suggestion.

warm regards.

Challa S.S.J.Ram Phani

Comment provided April 18, 2008 at 11:49 PM

Sure, it would be ethical to use the information from any poll or survey that you originate regardless as to whether it’s on your site or hosted in someone else’s forum.

It would be better form to use the survey results from your own web properties of course.

Be sure you check before using any content (such as survey results) from any site you don’t own to make sure you can legally use the information.

Comment provided April 19, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

I’am totally agree with you.Certainly, it is the most important thing I’ve learned.
Many thanks

Comment provided April 19, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Dennis Driscoll writes:

I would like to think that I would always ask permission from the owner of any website that I use content or pictures from.

However I feel what I was asking may have been questionable. I am happy to know that your opinion on this as I respect it very much.

I also just realized that I acted like a dufus and added a link under my name to my website without taking the time to read your BLOG COMMENT POLICY. Sorry about that!

I want to complement you on your staff as anytime I had something to correct in an article that was against one of your policies, You and your team always responded promptly and respectfully.

Thank you and I will try to always take the time to read policies in the future and ask questions if I dont understand something.

Comment provided April 20, 2008 at 8:51 AM

It is my contention that this Blog ought to have one post per day, without exception. You see, so many in the community here at come to this blog each day, and do not see a new post, just yesterday’s news and idea. There is really no reason that there should not be a new blog post everyday.

Even if it is not posted by Chris, he could have a “Guest Blogger” as with 95,000 article authors there is no reason not to do that on the “Skip days” which in my opinion there are far too many. Indeed, we use to have staff members at Ezine post their thoughts, hey, that too would be nice, to have more of that.

Now sure, one could make the argument that it’s just too busy around here to post blog posts, they take time, thought and such. But, I have already addressed that issue above with a solution and will not allow that as an excuse.

A recent blogging survey by ProBlogger, showed that the reason bloggers lost credibility, readership or subscriber base, was due to inactivity. Based on this survey, I render my findings and observations. In my opinion, we should have a minimum of one-post per day. When I click on that Blog Button on the home page, I really do not like to be disappointed!

Comment provided April 20, 2008 at 4:47 PM

I agree that (1) blog post per day is a good goal for this and every blog that exists.

The real issue: It doesn’t economically justify itself… so it’s a faith-based investment of energy.

Comment provided April 21, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Shirley Parker writes:

Have participated in a number of SurveyMonkey surveys and always enjoyed the professional presentation of their system. But I don’t know where they got my e-mail address! As for starting my own survey, it all comes back to “who do I send them to nowadays to get the input?” Building a list is daunting.

Comment provided April 23, 2008 at 12:16 AM

What I have found is that you collect contacts from others in the industry and explain to everyone that you are writing an article on the results that will be syndicated all over the Internet. Then folks are more apt to participate.

Comment provided April 23, 2008 at 12:19 AM

Tracey Lawton writes:

This is a great idea – thank you for sharing it. I just carried out my own annual survey and it never crossed my mind to share those results with my readers.

I’m just now preparing the data into an article for my next ezine.

And to answer a previous question, I used SurveyMonkey to conduct my surveys. It’s a really neat tool and very easy to use.

Comment provided April 23, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Jeffmakepeace writes:

For smaller to bigger sites the basic fundamental of traffic generation remains the same. However the techniques needs to be known. This free e-book can be downloaded directly at without any opt-in process. You will also enjoy the optimization part for landing pages. Thanks Jeff.

Comment provided April 23, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Ah ha, totally EXCELLENT! Thank you for that Piece, making my job easier Jeff!

Comment provided April 23, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Shirley Parker writes:

Lance, very true. Good reminder. People do like to think you have good contacts in the world. The Internet will make their opinions count for something, instead of just appearing in the local throwaway paper. Of course, the bigger the exposure, the bigger the chance for multiple kinds of feedback. :-) :-(

Comment provided April 24, 2008 at 12:23 AM

I’v picked up some great tips about surveys and I think sharing content is goog as the internet is there to provide people with information about everything.

Comment provided May 1, 2008 at 8:43 AM