Top EzineArticles Niches For Feb 2008

Top (5) EzineArticles Niche Categories That Received The Most Traffic/Interest Last Month:

1. Health & Fitness: Weight-Loss
  2. Computers & Technology: Games (just became main category today)
  3. Health & Fitness: Beauty
  4. Relationships: Dating
  5. Home Improvement: Interior Design & Decorating

Top (3) EzineArticles Categories By Article Submissions:

1. Health & Fitness: Weight Loss
  2. Finance: Loans (Just split into multiple sub-categories today)
  3. Internet & Businesses Online: Internet Marketing (no surprise here)

Top (3) EzineArticles Categories By Number of Average Views Per Article:

1. Arts & Entertainment: Tattoos 280
  2. Recreation & Sports: Bowling 240
  3. Foods & Drink: Low Calorie 218

Top (3) Categories With Most Number of Unique Authors Active in Feb 2008:

1. Internet & Businesses Online: Internet Marketing 593
  2. Health & Fitness: Weight Loss 522
  3. Health & Fitness 482

Hi Chris

Useful statistics. Are the gaps vs other categories so huge that you are selecting only top five for traffic and only three each for the rest. Why not widen the ambit? At least top ten. I think then the statistics would be more revealing.

Comment provided March 6, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Overall, I don’t think these numbers are all that useful to act on them; but rather for entertainment / amusement purposes.

Sorry, we don’t intend at this time to widen the scope of this mini-slice into the traffic and market interest patterns.

Comment provided March 6, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Useful, but yes, not from the point of view of acting upon it. Still, can you rule out an exodus of authors to the favored categories?

Comment provided March 6, 2008 at 11:15 AM

If I’m an expert in “X”, why would I want to begin writing articles about “Y” just because they are ‘hot’ this month?

It makes no sense.

I don’t understand Chinmay why you think authors who write for hot topic categories would “exodus” out of them? If anything, they should double-down their efforts to ride the *market interest* wave.

Comment provided March 6, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Well, I was just acting upon a thought that ocurred to me. I see now ‘Weight Loss’ is attracting more traffic for instance. So, I may be tempted to do research on that topic and try out writing some articles to become an expert in that. Would it be foolishness on my part or a more productive diversification? How’s is that?

Comment provided March 6, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Steve Hill writes:

Chinmay of course you are right, the more traffic your article receives the more likely people will visit your site.

Comment provided March 6, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

As an online marketer, if my interest leans a specific direction, I might actually write marketing articles targeting a specific niche: Weight Loss, Health, Fitness, & Dating come to mind. Provided they fit in my genre and fill up my own niche resources.

I wouldn’t necessarily change niches, but perhaps specialize my niche if an area looks tempting.

Comment provided March 10, 2008 at 2:29 PM

Great points…

You could definitely write articles about how to be “leaner” in your approach, regardless as to the niche…

Or if a person was writing about any sport or health & fitness topics, they could spin the article about how that sport creates or assists in weight loss via these special moves, strategies, exercises, drills, etc.

I’ve even considered writing business articles about how they relate to a sport, such as “How business is just like a swim meet” or “Twenty nine things I learned about business while playing Racquetball”…

Comment provided March 10, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

My favorite term paper was titled 101 Ways to Market a Door Knob. I was a college student (19 at the time) and I wrote the term paper and sold it for gas money to get home from college. The student using the paper was in Building Trades and needed the paper for his business processes class. (The instructor died a few years ago, so I won’t get him in trouble.)

I’ve always enjoyed twisting words to suit my topic. This is just another function of writing.

Comment provided March 10, 2008 at 6:17 PM

This is very true, and only at EzineArticles is it all possible!

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 9:54 PM

Roland Frasier writes:

Thanks Chris, even only seeing the top five is still helpful to see where people’s interest lies in any given month. I definitely like your ideas of spinning a particular niche topic into the vernacular of a “hot” topic. Cheers!

Comment provided March 18, 2008 at 10:28 PM

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

okay, so this comment section has petered out a few weeks ago, but I just read it and wanted to add my two cents anyway:

One day, I wrote what I thought would be a one-time article about how to stop hairloss. To my big surprise, I found that within days, it got more views than ALL of my other articles taken together (at the time). They’re still the articles with the most views by far.

You better believe it that I came up with more articles on that topic! And I might write more.yet (I’m researching now ;)

And while I hadn’t thought of it that way before, it does connect back to my “official” niche, which is about resources for body, mind, spirit, and prosperitty. While I hadn’t planned on hair care playing a big role, I realized that looking good does in fact play a big part in feeling good too!

Comment provided April 15, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Yep, tell me about it:

Imagine if all of my 13,100 articles had that average?

Comment provided April 15, 2008 at 10:04 PM