New EzineArticles Mug Mailer

Previously, we were sending EzineArticles mugs that we boxed and bubble wrapped ourselves. It wasn’t a pretty way to deliver the small thank you gift to new Platinum members, yet it was effective.

Two weeks ago, we started testing a new bubble-wrap-less cardboard mug mailer to 197 of our U.S. based new Platinum members.

[Click Here To Enlarge]

If you received one of these new mugs in the last 2 weeks, please add a comment to this thread to let us know if the mug arrived in one piece? Thanks!

Joy Swearingen writes:

Thank you for the mug and coffee! It was a really nice suprise when I received it in the mail.

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Auriella writes:

It was an absolute wonderful surprise to receive the mug! What a wonderful way to show your appreciation! In this world of internet, I feel that we lose that human contact and in receiving the mug it very much made for a feeling of connection with everyone at EzineArticles.com

Also it arrive right at my Birthday so it was was like a B-day gift for me.

Thanks for all you do,
Auriella

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Linda Tremer writes:

I thank you for the mug. It arrived in perfect condition. The mailer held the mug without any problem. It was easy to open and the mug fit perfectly. Thanks again.

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 5:48 PM

Jm Pratt writes:

The Mug arrived in perfect condition. I was frankly quite surprised that Ezine had sent me something, thinking it was a box of CD’s that I was going to be billed for.

But the Mug is greatly appreciated and I will remember your company because of it. This marketing gesture will help create brand loyalty, and maintain Ezine at the top spot in this industry! I think the postage was about $6 plus the mug and packing costs ……. but I’m sure you will recoup this several times over.

Great Idea!!!!!
Jim Pratt

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 5:49 PM

Shannon Dean writes:

My mug arrived in pristine, perfect condition and I really appreciate the very nice gesture. I will enjoy the mug as much as I enjoy writing for you. Thanks you! Shannon

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 5:50 PM

William Kurtz writes:

Yes, the beautiful Mug arrived in one piece. Thank you kindly! It’s very nicely made. I use it every day.

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 5:50 PM

Jesse Sherer writes:

Thank you very much for the fine mug, I have it proudly displayed upon my desk. I appreciate everything the website helped me with and continues to. The mug is cool, and it came in one piece. Thank you!

My employee loved the coffee as well.

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Barbara Hillary writes:

Thank you for the mug & coffee!

This delicious and unexpected prize was nicely packaged and arrived intact.

Thank you for acknowledging me as an ezine writer.

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 6:02 PM

Steve Martin writes:

Hi
I think I have 2 more stories to go

I will look forward to mine

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 6:02 PM

Elaine Williams writes:

Thanks so much for the mug and coffee. It was a nice surprise, and arrived in perfect condition. I love the oversize size too.

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Dan Schutte writes:

What a nice suprise and unexpected. Thank you for the mug and the coffee. I will enjoy both as I compile my next ezine article for submission.

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Coffee? Coffee? I didn’t get any coffee with my mug a few years back.

What did you do – partner with Starbucks? :)

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Jesse Sherer writes:

Maybe I should not have mentioned the coffee! I don’t want anyone getting jealous!

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Harry Hebert writes:

I received my mug in excellent condition and was overwhelmed. I get very few pleasant surprises ever but this certainly was one. Thank you so very much.

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 6:24 PM

Ryan Konecky writes:

Thank you very much for the mug and coffee! It arrived, safe and sound, in our mailbox Saturday morning.

I really appreciate it!

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Angela WD writes:

I just received my mug and coffee. What a nice surprise – thank you!

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Tim writes:

This was an extremely nice gesture. My cup came in perfect condition, with the coffee neatly inside.

Thanks so much!

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Kim Wutzke writes:

What a wonderful surprise! Thank you so much for the Expert Authors Appreciation Mug & Coffee. It’s always nice to receive something unexpected and the fact that it is in appreciation of my efforts makes it all the more special. Maybe my next article will be on the power of appreciating customers, clients and members :-0
Thank you.

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 6:47 PM

Stephen Carr writes:

Man was that a treat! I had no idea!
Quite a surprise to get a free gift in the mail.
The mug is heavy-duty, first-class!
The coffee is fantastic!
You people rock!
As if free website traffic was not enough!

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Thanks for the mug and the recognition.

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 7:34 PM

Yvonne Bridges writes:

That was such a nice surprise, and thanks!
That put a BIG smile on my face. You guys ROCK! ;)

The Fitness Diva

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Brian Cook writes:

Received my mug and coffee in perfect condition… thanks alot for the nice surprise!

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Gayle Evans writes:

Your gift of the mug was unexpected. I was quite delighted with the gesture. Thank you.

I’m sorry to say, however, it arrived in two pieces with the handle broken entirely off. (The outside of the box showed no sign of damage.)

I’ll have the coffee in the morning as I’m typing.

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Brian Hawkins writes:

I just received my mug in perfect condition. What a nice surprise – thank you! I put up a public Thank You and a couple photos on my blog. EzineArticles is nothing but class in my book. Thanks, Brian

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Ken Anczerewicz writes:

Thank you for the mug and coffee… it arrived in perfect condition.

You asked for suggestions so I thought I would comment that it would be nice to personalize the mug with the reason behind why it was given such as:

John Doe has been recognized as an expert author by EzineArticles or

This mug sent in recognition of expert author status….

Your gift is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ken

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Toby Munk writes:

Mug arrive tip top. Very unexpected gift. It shows me that there are real people behind the site not just a bunch of web cowboys.

Really a very nice gesture. This puts you at the top of my list.

Thanks

Toby

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Michael Behnken writes:

Thank you VERY VERY much for the high quality cool mug. In a web world of all take and no give, it is very nice to get something back.

I already thanked you in my blogger blog, and would like to say Thanks Again!

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 10:02 PM

Yes, the coffee mug arrived safely. Thank you very much. Your new box design is wonderful. I was able to recycle the box, didn’t have to dump any plastic, and I am enjoying the use of the mug as I type.

It was a truely surprising and thoughtful way of saying to your authors that they matter.

Lynn

Comment provided March 11, 2008 at 11:20 PM

Thanks for the mug! I was shocked to see it is of excellent quality. Usually the free ones are not so good. I actually do have it at the office here with me and use it daily. Again, thanks!

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 6:23 AM

Michael Kaufman writes:

The mug arrived in perfect condition. The mailer was professional, easy to open and kept the mug in perfect condition.

Thank you very much. The mug was very unexpected and the coffee was wonderful.

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 6:35 AM

Melody Myers writes:

Thank you so much for the mug. It was a nice surprise to have at the end of a awful day at work! It arrived in perfect condition!!
Thank you guys again!

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 6:52 AM

Mary writes:

The mug arrived in perfect condition.

Thank you, it was a nice gift to receive!

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 7:00 AM

Adam Hefner writes:

Awesome. Thought it was one of the coolest things receiving a gift in the mail. Was really unexpected to me and thought it showed a lot of character on EzineArticles part to show their appreciation for people work. Thanks!

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 7:35 AM

Joy S: Glad you liked it.

Auriella: Happy Birthday.

Linda T: Glad to hear.

Jim P: Glad we didn’t send you the box of CD’s we were going to bill you for. //joking

Shannon D: Glad to hear it arrived in one piece.

Jesse S: Glad to hear you regifted the coffee.

Barbara H: You’re welcome.

Steve M: Sorry, we’re not shipping mugs yet to the UK, but we are negotiating with various carriers to bring the prices down so that we can ship mugs to the UK. Last month, we sent a few hundred EzineArticles mouse pads to the top 2007 contributors by article volume:

Elaine W: Glad you liked the oversized mug.

Dan S: Looking forward to your next article submission.

Edward W: Sorry Edward. Door County Coffee is the brand we’ve been including for the past year as it’s a taste of our local brand.

Jesse S: I think Edward is jealous. Nice going. :P

Harry H: Glad you and others liked the surprise/unexpected factor. That’s what we were going for.

Ryan K:
Saturday morning delivery. Nice. :)

Angela WD: You’re welcome.

Tim: You’re welcome. Glad to hear it arrived safely.

Kim W: Great idea. I and we live an attitude of gratitude. It’s the only way to be.

Stephen C: No, you rock. Your “save gas” website concept is surely needed in this $4+/gal and rising oilconomy we live in. //ducking as international members yell at me for whining about high gas prices when they already pay way more than us.

Christine G: No problemo.

Yvonne B: You are the Fitness Diva! Glad to see the Platinum star in your blog. Here’s a friendly suggestion: Instead of linking it to the EzineArticles.com home page, link it up to your expert author URL so that your website visitors can quickly find your articles first. Here’s your URL:

Just read your A Sexy, Kissable Stomach – How to Get One! article and I totally agree that diet and an increase in cardio is needed to get that flat stomach. I’m in Spring training for Summer running and triathlon events and started split training 3 out of the 6 days I work out a week (meaning I do cardio before work and weights at night; getting 2 work outs in 3 days out of the 6 I’m in the gym or playing racquetball). Rock on.

Brian C: Glad you liked the surprise.

Gayle E: Sorry to hear it arrived in two pieces. A new one will be shipped to you today. So far, we’re batting 2 broken on receipt out of 197 (1.01% delivered broken) and I wish we could be batting 100% delivered in perfect shape.

Brian H: Nice blog post!

I came across your Twitter file last week by accident when I was surfing for the keyword “ezine”.

If anyone else wants to follow me on Twitter, here’s the link: http://twitter.com/chrisknight

Ken A: Thanks for the recommendation. We are doing that on the mouse pad mailer and we’ll consider adding an additional private note in future mailings.

Toby M: Thanks! Yeah, we’re more than just “web cowboys” here as I think at least half of the staff is “web cowgirls” or more politically web correct: “web cowgrrls”.

Michael B: Thanks for the blog mention! I liked your motto, “The goal of a fitness program is not to merely add more years to a person’s life, but to add more life to a person’s years” and “Your Only Goal in a Fitness Program Should be Establish New Goals!”

Lynn Marie S: Glad you liked how “green” our more environmentally friendly packaging is. That’s by design. :)

Michael C. P: Glad you liked the quality of the mug. Nothing but the best.

Michael K: Happy that you liked it.

Melody M: Glad to hear it was a nice surprise for a hard day at work. We had one of those days on Monday.

Mary: :)

To everyone else who may comment in the future:

If you blog about this mug or post photos of it online, be sure to include the link in your blog comment. Normally we don’t allow URL self promotion in the blog beyond your name being linked up, but this is one area we can make an exception.

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 7:48 AM

When do I get mug-ged by EzineArticles please! I’m lonely!

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Mandy K. writes:

The mug arrived safe and sound – I thought the packaging was perfect. And the coffee? I got the Hazelnut kind – sooo good!
Thanks so much!

pluggedinparents.com

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 12:38 PM

Lisa writes:

Thank you for the mug. It arrived in perfect condition and was a very nice surprise. The great part is that it is also a nice size and quality – not one of those tiny promo mugs.

Nice touch!

Lisa

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Ian RoeBuck writes:

Received your mug in excellent condtion, it was a real surprise, and the coffee was great! Thanks for the recognition. I am very grateful!

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Susan Gauff writes:

Nice mug! Arrived in good condition and the coffee even tastes fine. It was a nice surprise. Thank you.

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Chris Makell writes:

Wow…what an incredible surprise to find in my mailbox! I immediately began to brag to my fellow writers! Thank you so much, it arrived safely and is now a part of my morning routine!

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Wow! What an absolutely welcome surprise. The mug arrived in perfect condition. I appreciate it and the coffee. Thanks, team!
I really feel a part of the EzineArticles expert family. Come on everybody, let’s all have a cup of coffee now. :-)

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Becky Gillaspy writes:

I loved receiving the mug! Very unexpected so it was truly a WOW factor gift, especially since I look at EzineArticles as a site that helps *me* out.
Great idea, I am drinking a cup of coffee as I write this from my new mug.
Becky

Comment provided March 13, 2008 at 4:55 AM

Barbara Hillary writes:

The mug drew a lot of attention at my office today.
Thanks again!

Comment provided March 13, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Michael Morrow writes:

I wanted to say thank you for the coffee and the cup. The cup instantly became my favorite. And yes… it arrived in perfect condition.
Michael Morrow

Comment provided March 14, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Jim Hoffman writes:

The best part about the mug was the surprise in getting it. Plus it’s nice and big which allows me to keep writing my articles at the computer longer :)

Thanks

Comment provided March 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Tayo writes:

Thanks for the mug…I have to start drinking coffee down:-)

Comment provided March 14, 2008 at 8:53 PM

Chris,
I was so surprised when I got this gift, it made my day. What an over the top nice thing to do to reach out and touch us in with a tangible gift.
The box did the trick and the mug keeps my coffee hotter than anything else I have in my cabinets.
Not only did I get a gift but I learned a valuable lesson, thanks for both!
Greg

Comment provided March 15, 2008 at 6:59 AM

Alvaro writes:

I want to thank Ezine very much for the for the beutiful mug, it was a very pleasant surprise to have received it, and yes, it got here in perfect condition.

So again thank you very much!

Alvaro Castillo

Comment provided March 20, 2008 at 11:33 AM

arunraj v.s. writes:

What about people outside of US who love EzineArticles.com just as much?

Comment provided March 23, 2008 at 7:10 AM

RJ Peters writes:

Imagine my surprise and delight when the mug arrived! It made me feel special and appreciated… two qualities that often mean more to someone than being paid. The packaging was well done and everything arrived safely. Thanks!

Comment provided March 24, 2008 at 9:54 PM

Gayle Evans writes:

Thank you for sending a replacement cup for the one broken in shipment. This one arrived in the not pretty brown box, bubble wrapped for protection, just as you described.

Good news! The mug arrived in just one perfect piece. I appreciate your thoughtfulness for sending mugs for those of us who write for EzineArticles and I especially appreciate my new mug with its handle still attached!

Gayle

Comment provided April 6, 2008 at 5:31 PM

Scott Ingram writes:

The mug and packaging were in perfect shape. Unfortunately the element of surprise was lost as I happened to see this blog post shortly before it was received, but it is much appreciated none the less.

Keep up the great work.

Happy Networking!

Comment provided April 12, 2008 at 12:26 PM

Alva writes:

This looks like a great idea. Where did you find the boxes? I love the idea of cutting down on the bubble wrap.

Comment provided October 3, 2014 at 10:13 AM

William writes:

Is there any chance you could send me a mouse mat?

Comment provided January 9, 2015 at 4:28 PM

Hi William,

If you’d like an EzineArticles mouse pad, you can purchase one at a low cost here: http://www.cafepress.com/ezinearticles

I hope this helps!