A week ago, we began a segmented email campaign to identify inactive members who created accounts and did nothing, for the purpose of terminating accounts with no activity *AND* author names locked up could become available for new members to use.
Every day, we’ve watched the activity on the 18k accounts flagged for possible termination if they don’t create action. Today, I have some internal stats to share on this campaign:
- Out of the 18k emails sent to registered members, 517 members logged in so far.
- Out of the 517 that logged in, 346 (67%) submitted 1,000s of articles. Yeah!
- Out of 18k emails, 11.2% (2,015) members bounced back hard undeliverable.
- Those 2,015 members were emailed to their EzineArticles inbox 2 minutes ago that their accounts are suspended.
- In 3 weeks, if no activity, every account with no activity that is currently Suspended-Email-Bouncing will be terminated.
- Monday March 10th, we’re scheduled to terminate 17k accounts for no activity and no response to our request to become active.
Overall, we’re pleased that 2.8% responded and of those members re-engaging EzineArticles, 67% of them submitted thousands of articles. That’s the upside. The downside is that we’re 5k+ articles behind in human review and 550+ member support emails in our ticket queue waiting for response…so we apologize if turn-around speed is sluggish this week.