Human Powered

Last week while I was in Miami attending MarketingSherpa’s Email Summit, EzineArticles Expert Author Shawn Collins was leading Affiliate Summit West 2008 in Las Vegas.

Got a minute to post a comment on Joel’s blog, defending EzineArticles.com about how hard it is to go through our human review process to get your articles accepted?

Some have broad-stroked the issues as if they were black & white (which they are not); but it’s good for everyone to see why we continually raise the quality standards that content must meet to be accepted on EzineArticles.com.

Always open to your thoughts. Thanks!

Priscilla writes:

You must follow what you believe in. I assume your mission is to deliver quality and offer a product that makes a difference. There is so much garbage on the Internet that trust and credibility is hard to find. Garbage is always discarded…
EzineArticles.com has the best reputation of quality. I’m proud to be a platinum member. I spent a lot of time on each submission. Did I receive a return on my time? Probably not. However, I know I qualified for a status above the norm out there. What about having a seal attached to every article that differentiates ezineaticles.com articles from most of the garbage out there. Chris, thanks for the mug. That was very sweet of you.

Comment provided March 4, 2008 at 2:00 PM

What I posted on their site:

Aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii. I am an artist, living on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. How do people fine me?

Words that come to my mind about Chris Knight’s EzineArticles is WOW and THANK YOU! I have been posting my articles, with a resource box leading to my site since January 2006. I have written 183 Active articles, resulting in 131,744 views. I have personally been helped in getting my articles published by the Ezine Article team. His people actually follow up on any and all questions I have, regarding getting my articles published, and ways to improve them, so people can FIND ME. Chris Knights attention to detail is to me, stunning.

So, how do people find me out here in the middle of the Pacific Ocean? I gotta say that for the most part it has been through posting my articles on EzineArticles. WOW and THANK YOU to Christopher Knight and his wonderful team!

Aloha! Kathy Ostman-Magnusen

~~*~~

Comment provided March 4, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Just read Joel’s blog post. I certainly would not call EzineArticles a spam site.

If this guy “Jason” is referring to emails EzineArticles sends out, they are not spam at all.

Like Joel said, Jason was probably trolling trying to get a rise out of the audience. Either that or he’s an arrogant SOB.

Comment provided March 4, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Hi Chris!

Even though I agree with his point of view, I believe that Joel was too offensive against Jason.

Spam is really a very big problem and all honest content producers become irritated seeing so many illegal copies of their work everywhere, without the real author’s name. However, the solution is not to eliminate the blogs, but to eliminate the thieves.

Google is taking this point quite seriously – today I noticed that a blog full of stolen content fortunately disappeared from the web!
Let’s hope that in a while only really original content will exist on the Internet, or that at least most of the content will be really original.

Comment provided March 4, 2008 at 3:36 PM

Thomas J. Cummins writes:

my compliments always to the ezinearticle team and their diligence. Obviously $25 million has had a dastardly effect on an ego that has created a new definition to the word ego, or maybe it is his id that is out of whack. Whichever way the wind blows there will always be ludicrous critics but the show will also always go on and writers and readers will continue from the wonderful world of Chris Knight and Co. @EzineArticles.com. God bless agus Dia dhuit freisin and have a magical happy St. Patrick’s Day all of you.

Comment provided March 4, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Paul Darby writes:

WOW what an inspiration !

If a guy who doesn’t know actually konw the definition of the word spam can make $25 million, imagine what the rest of us can achieve!

Comment provided March 4, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Everyone,

What Jason referred to in his presentation was that he thought some or all of the content in EzineArticles.com is thin or spammy.

Of course, he’s wrong too many ways to even begin to contemplate.

I’m certain he wasn’t referring to email spam in any way.

Context: He was at an AFFILIATE MARKETERS conference. Affiliate marketers are often very lazy when it comes to article marketing and try to submit merchant provided PLR content that we reject automatically.

If you are an Affiliate Marketer reading this thread, here’s what to do: ONLY write/submit quality original articles when engaging in article marketing activities.

Add Value or keep the article to yourself. :)

Comment provided March 4, 2008 at 3:54 PM

Pete Moring writes:

Hi Chris, I’ve just come from Joels blog and between the two of you you’ve created quite a storm.
It’s great to see that you both come out of the whole affair with your reputations ‘enhanced’ if anything.

Respect to you both.

Pete.

Comment provided March 4, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Jeff Herring writes:

Speaking from the platform is a privilege and should be treated as such.

How very sad.

Jeff

Comment provided March 4, 2008 at 4:52 PM

Allen Graves writes:

When people say things like, “…articles are submitted for the sole purpose of driving traffic to the site listed in the resource box… NOT for contributing new and interesting information,” it just makes me laugh.

Sure, there are still people out there submitting a bunch of crap articles for the sole purpose of getting the backlinks…but you know what? I don’t accept them, and neither does Mr. Knight (above) or any of the other respectable directory sites.

Spamming article directories to get backlinks isn’t even practical anymore, it’s not worth the time for the minimal results you’d see. Any directory that accepts an article like that doesn’t carry much weight in the search engines, if any at all. They’re wasting their time.

Today it’s ALL about giving the reader appropriate, original and useful content and gaining their trust. Yes, the author want to get the reader to their website, but it’s done with great content, not crappy, spammy nonsense.

Respectfully,
Allen Graves

Comment provided March 4, 2008 at 4:58 PM

I agree with you, Allen!

And I noticed that I have more traffic coming to my website when I write articles where I Only give information and advices than when I write articles promoting my business.

Comment provided March 4, 2008 at 5:48 PM