Happy Irish Expert Author Day

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, is believed to have driven the snakes from Ireland. March 17th, thought to be the date of the saint’s death, is a day of celebration and tradition by people from all walks and heritages. St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated by wearing green, eating Irish food and attending parades and is steeped in folklore; from the shamrock to the leprechaun. The first St. Patrick’s Day parade actually took place in New York City by Irish immigrants in the 1760s.

In honor of this day of celebration, EzineArticles expert author from Ireland Ronan Menton is today’s Author Spotlight.

Ronan Menton lives in Dublin, Ireland and works in the web travel business. His articles highlight Ireland’s vast travel and leisure opportunities and feature many of Ireland’s national attractions and traditions, such as his article Guiness: A Dublin Legacy.

He has mastered the 300-400 word article with ease of read and a flare for “taking you there” with his use of colorful description. An EzineArticles Platinum Member since April of 2006, Ronan has taken advantage of writing and submitting his articles in sets to increase his article inventory and maximize his article writing time spent. He has also uploaded his author pic and utilized the extended author bio. Thanks Ronan Menton for being an EzineArticles expert author and enjoy your day of celebration.

Take a look at all of our EzineArticles expert authors based in Ireland.

Jan Verhoeff writes:

Wow! Just a touch of the Irish here… I’m loving it. I didn’t realize EzineArticles was such a hot spot of Irish Info. I’ll be reading through Ronan’s articles in the near future. That was awesome to find so much.

Thanks for sharing this (I know my name doesn’t sound Irish – but my maiden name is!)

Jan (Mulaney) Verhoeff

Comment provided March 17, 2008 at 7:14 AM

Trivia: 4,280 EzineArticles Expert Authors live in Ireland.

Comment provided March 17, 2008 at 7:56 AM

Ed Bagley writes:

Congratulations to Ronan Menton!

I am wearing green as I celebrate this fine day as one of your Expert Authors on this side of the ocean.

Bagley is an Irish name, I drink whiskey and have been a writer for 48 years.

I am only 15% Irish but it is the BEST 15% of me!

My wife of 35 years is 25% Irish from her mother’s side.

Top of the mornin’ to ya, Ronan!

Ed Bagley

Comment provided March 17, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Congratulations on being selected as Author of the day AND for being Irish!
My maiden name is McKown and proud of it! My father’s parents were immigrants from Ireland.
I was amazed at the amount of great information you shared on Irish beer and the interesting way in which you presented it.
Too much writing on the net is thinly disguised advertising. Your gift is that you actually informed your readers in a pleasant way. Thanks.
Patricia Hubbard

Comment provided March 17, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Hi Chris!

I was wondering about Saint Patrick today when a friend at Myspace sent us a message wishing everyone a happy S. Patrick’s day.

I wanted to learn something about this saint, but your definition didn’t help me understand anything. Why did he drive the snakes from Ireland? What does it mean?

Comment provided March 17, 2008 at 12:42 PM

I was hoping that someone that knew the story would tell me something about Saint Patrick! Nobody did.

Now that I finished what I had to do, I could learn by myself.

Fortunately, I didn’t need to walk many miles and go to the library in order to read something about him. (This is one of the main reasons why I love the Internet, besides many others.)

Saint Patrick suffered a lot as a slave without losing faith and later became a courageous missionary.
Wish everyone would have his blessing today!

Comment provided March 17, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Karen Cook writes:

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to Everyone!
Kudos to Ronan!

To Christopher…and your EZ team, I want to say, “Thank You!” I received an EZ mousepad today!!!

Totally unexpected. A jaw-on-the-floor moment. I knew writers were receiving mugs and mousepads but ME? I didn’t expect anything!

Yet, here it is! I’m not going to use it. I’m framing it! For inspiration. To get more articles written. To get over this block I’ve been having lately. To reach down and deliver better articles than before.

That’s what I like about Chris and his team. You WANT to do better. This directory is like no other. It’s an honor to appear here. And I still throw my fist in the air and shout, “YES!” when accepted.

Thank you, Chris. For everything.
Karen Cook

Comment provided March 17, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Glad you liked it. :)

You were among the first Canadian members to receive them. The top ~200 Canadian members by live articles listed who had valid postal addresses were sent this small token appreciation present.

Comment provided March 18, 2008 at 6:53 AM

Thomas J. Cummins writes:

A hearty congratulations to a fellow Irishman and one who is doing a fine job of it too which is magical. Dia Dhuit Ronan and keep up to the good and excellent work.

Comment provided March 18, 2008 at 7:25 PM

Thomas J. Cummins writes:

oh by the way there were any snakes in Ireland, unless you want to count the human kind disguised as British / English. Unfortunately they cannot be treated like real snakes are, oh well we cannot have everything we ask for, but to get rid of the British would be a blessing.

Tooraloo and have a magical week everyone.

Comment provided March 18, 2008 at 7:39 PM

I forgot to wear green so this very good looking gal came up an pinched me. So, it wasn’t all bad? Lance

Comment provided March 19, 2008 at 4:14 PM