When writing articles, your reader wants to quickly know and understand your clear purpose in 2-7 seconds, not 2-7 minutes.
Here’s some tips to help you figure out how to demonstrate a clear purpose:
- Before you begin your article, establish a clear goal/objective for what you want your reader to leave with after they read your article.
- Restrict your paragraphs to no more than 7 sentences.
- Build paragraphs in a logical order where the first sentence states your primary point and the following 2-7 sentences further reinforces your first sentence in each paragraph.
- Use bullets and numbered lists.
- After you’ve completed your article body, ask yourself, “Have I delivered on the promise I made in my article title?”
How do you personally demonstrate a clear purpose in your articles?