Article Post Frequency

Vince asks:

Is there an optimum number of articles that we should submit per week/month for our best market exposure?

Answer = Depends on your goals. I’d recommend a minimum of 5-20 articles per week, every week if you want an excellent yield… however, if you’re just starting out, 1-5 articles per week for your first 3-4 months is a great start before you evaluate what kind of results you’re achieving.

Also read:

econos writes:

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for your valuable input.

Econos

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 2:48 AM

Steve writes:

It has to depend on how many websites you are attempting to promote.

I personally only promote a few sites at a time and aim to write an average of one article per day.

Sean Mize will no doubt disagree with this as he some how manages to write far more than this – he must be having some major results to keep up his momentum – either that or he is an article marketing addict.

Steve

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 3:15 AM

Thank you, Chris!

I believe an author must write always and keep his or her readers always waiting for his articles.

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 5:18 AM

Ramalingam writes:

I fully agree with the view that a beginner has to submit 1 to 5 articles per week.But even that may change, because article writing is a creative work and the mood of the author should also be taken into account.As far as I am concerned, I prefer to write an article, a day.A beginner cannot do more than that.This is my humble opinion.

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 8:05 AM

Zack Lim writes:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this fantastic post.

I have really learn alot and it really reinforce and motivates me to write more quality articles.

I personally feel that consistency is the key.

Thanks for giving me a kick and let me be awake :)

Zack

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 10:38 AM

About what Steve wrote:

“There is an argument that suggests that obtaining too many links pointing to one site can be a bad thing and can raise a red flag.”

Ohh… is that true? Waa!

But how can one site not be promoted all the time unless a person changes their resource info constantly? I have a zillion other sites but they all lead to my main official website.

I’m confused.

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 11:24 AM

Kathy,

I’m sure it’s true, especially if bad link neighborhoods gave you 100,000 backlinks over night.

However, if you’re just out building your business, writing your articles, syndicating a percentage of them… and not trying to scam the search engines… I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Every website owner should have a dream of having thousands of quality authoritive websites linking to you naturally as your years in business go on.

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 11:32 AM

P.Pal writes:

I just know one thing- Write, write, write and write, the more articles you write each day the faster it will help you succeed. A few articles would not do much in the long run, Article writing is an on going process and you must be regular with it to achieve long term benefits.

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Hi Chris

Very productive post. But you must differentiate between full time business authors and part time pastime authors. If one is doing a full time job in the service sector s/he has to find spare time for writing articles. Is this a handicap or you can think of offering concessions for them?

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 12:54 PM

Steve writes:

Hi Kathy,

The fact that you have a zillion sites pointing to your main site would also be very worrying, unless they are all on different servers.

Article marketing should be one of many ways of promoting a site and yes gaining too many links, too quickly, will raise a red flag.

I have had well over six hundred and fifty articles published on EzineArticles and have had some amazing results, I know it works but like to stay on the right side of the search engines.

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Wow… well I guess I am kind of stunned. I don’t know what else to do now. Are you and Chris saying then to actually change my Resource Box periodically to point to different sites that I have?

I have a MySpace; Facebook, Yuwie, Self Portrait;100+ Squidoo lenses, 50 some blogs on blogspot, Vox,Yahoo, etc.; ezines other that EzineArticles, although this is my main one; online galleries… the list goes on and on.

All of these have a resource box or a profile that points to my official website.

Am I understanding this right? I need these sites to point where then? To each other?

Not to my main website that actually sells something? I honestly don’t get this.

Wow.

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Steve writes:

I would leave them as they are but concentrate on other forms of web promotion, your site is only a pr3 and has not had any form of penalty.

Squidoo is a top site however 100 lenses is enough.

Just be careful that you concentrate on quality links and not just on the quantity.

The art is top class by the way.

Steve

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Thank you so much to both you and Chris.

Kathy

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Nithya writes:

5-20 seems very high for home business people like us. 1-5 looks more realistic.

Comment provided February 11, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Here’s my problem with writing 5-20 articles per week. Incentive.

I’ve written over 250 articles in my primary field and have had pretty good results.

In fact EzineArticles is in the top 10 as far as driving traffic goes. I just don’t know if writing … let’s say 250 more articles is going to add any more value. Or, to put it more accurately, I really don’t have much more to say on this topic.

Comment provided February 12, 2008 at 1:03 AM

Steve writes:

I would also write about other subjects that are of interest to you Edward. Gaining links from other areas is more natural than from just one field.

Comment provided February 12, 2008 at 2:57 AM

Megan writes:

Chris,

Have you heard of James Brausch? I just finished reading his new book, The Internet Business Book – Volume 2, and he says that he has experimented with submitting articles both weekly and daily and found that daily submissions tend to give about a 50% diminishing effect. I thought that was interesting considering your advice to try for 1-5 per week if you’re new and 5-20 if you’re not. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
-Megan

Comment provided February 12, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Megan,

His advice is designed to help sell his software article spinner (we don’t recommend any software-based article generator regardless as to who sells it).

If you’re submitting content that has been spun with software, expect more than diminishing returns: Expect your article submissions to eventually be rejected and your account terminated.

Comment provided February 12, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Megan writes:

Huh – interesting. I thought his product was supposed to be the anti-article spinner. Everything I’ve read about it says you still have to rewrite the articles. I have heard of article spinners, just had gotten the impression this was different. Oh well.

Comment provided February 12, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Darin Lorn writes:

Hi Chris,

Thank you for this post.

I will follow the advice from your book. “Keep creating more article agents.”

This week, I have already submit my first two articles to EzineArticles. :-) Wait 1 week for review :-)

Comment provided February 13, 2008 at 1:16 AM

Jay writes:

I agree that it’s hard to write that many good articles. However, for a site that’s just starting up, it can be a good way to jump start the traffic to your site. Well written articles with well chosen keywords in the title and article can rank well in the search engines, and a good value proposition in the resource box can generate double digit click throughs fairly consistently.

Look around the site, and you’ll find articles with literally tens of thousands of page views. If you can get double digit click throughs from that, you have a healthy traffic source.

Bottom line, it’s not just about the links. But it only works with original content.

Comment provided February 13, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Herman writes:

Chris..you write “Dump your load now and you’ll reap more traffic than if you spread out your submissions over a given time period.”

Does this mean you get more traffic if you submit 5 articles simultaneously than one at a time?

e.g., if I write an article a day should I wait until I’ve finished them all.

Comment provided February 14, 2008 at 7:53 AM

Herman,

I’m really saying, if you have already written (5) articles, send them in now instead of waiting to spread them out.

Most people who start out with us have 50-500 articles waiting to be repurposed and submitted and our stats show us they will get a higher traffic ROI if they send them all in at once instead of over time.

Now, if you’re writing new articles; then send them in as you complete them.

My advice was more directed at those who are sitting on article content already produced.

Comment provided February 14, 2008 at 8:57 AM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

Gleaning profits means posting articles. It doesn’t matter how many you post at once, although it does matter, how many you have posted. 25 to 30 articles is better than 2 articles and 200 – 500 is better than 25 – 30. The point is, write the articles and the money does come with them.

You need more articles that refer to ALL your sites.

Jan

Comment provided February 17, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Yes, I agree and I noticed that once I was cooking along a 20 or more per week, then there is always a constant stream of new clients. Lance

Comment provided February 18, 2008 at 4:53 AM

Snooper writes:

How can I choose a subject of writing… Are HTML allowed in articles?

Comment provided February 27, 2008 at 9:20 AM

Snooper,

Yes, limited HTML code is allowed in articles.

In the article body submission process, we share with you which tags are allowed.

Comment provided February 27, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Chris,
Who on earth has time to write 5 to 20 QUALITY articles per week? In the midst of running a business, serving clients and raising a family, that seems like quite a challenging task.

I believe that quality is far better than quantity. Had I pumped out 20 or 40 mediocre articles I may not have been able to win the trust of an author in Australia who signed up for a one on one consultation with me. He did that without ever talking to me–my article spoke for me.

Anyway, the bottomline is having a solid social media/networking/list building strategy. My strategy is two articles a month, blogging at least twice a week, podcasting once a week and offline networking events twice a month. This strategy works for me…but kudos to those producing articles in the double digits!!

Comment provided July 10, 2008 at 8:45 PM