Your target reader loves checklists because they distill the essence of what someone else (you, the expert) have painstakingly identified as being important for a particular problem.
Example of checklists you could make:
- Wedding Checklist – 12 Things You Must Do Before Your Marriage Begins
- Job Search Checklist Essentials
- Traveling Success List – Your Checklist To Speed Pack Before Business Trips
- 12 Point Checklist When Working With [Insert Your Industry]
Your “Checklist” article template should include:
- An article title that includes keywords relating to the type of checklist you’re creating plus the word “checklist”.
- (1) or (2) paragraph opening that explains what and why the checklist exists.
- The actual checklist of items.
- A conclusion that encourages the reader to pay close attention to the benefits of the checklist as you’ve just described.
Mistakes in this template to avoid: Failing to make your checklist into a checklist. Don’t ramble on and on and on without using brackets [ ], bullet points and/or a numbered list. Your checklist should be fast and easy to read including delivering on the promise you made in your article title about a checklist actually being included in your article.
Examples of EzineArticles experts with various forms of article checklists: (to help you with a little inspiration)
- A Promotional Items Checklist
- Your Dating Checklist
- 12 Point Checklist When Working With a Poster Printing Company
- Moving Checklist – Moving Day, Delivery Day and New Home Checklist
- An IT Audits Checklist
- Picnic Checklist
- Backpacking Checklist
(2) Important Article Title Tips: Avoid starting your article title with a conjunction or junk words such as “An” or “A” or “The” and roll right into the keyword relating to your expertise and your checklist. In addition, don’t make a 2 or 3 word checklist title! Instead, make sure your checklist article title is at least 5-9 words that further explains the benefit of what’s included in your article checklist.
Can you see the possibilities? :)
Now, go write your next original article as a checklist that helps your reader save time while you’re positioned as an expert in your niche.