New Camtasia Signup Video

Our new Marketing Manager produced a cool new Camtasia video to help new members sign up. You can find it on the right side of the EzineArticles new member registration form.

Big deal you say?… the nugget here is that we’re doing more benchmarking than we’ve ever done before; meaning, we’re identifying what our baseline performance is on many critical success indicators. With that data, we’re able to test to determine if various changes produce incremental gains or not. In today’s case, a new video to help new members sign up faster.

Which metric have you benchmarked for your business in the last 30 days? Do you know which success indicators makes or breaks your growth rate?

Edward Weiss writes:

Good post Chris. I don’t measure anything. I’d like to. I just don’t because I really don’t know what I’m doing.

I know I should be using Google analytics but I don’t – although I have used their optimizer for Google Ads.

The problem is a lot of people (myself included) have no clue how to do metrics.

Comment provided January 11, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Rabah writes:

Have tested using videos and its a great success, however, folks seem to loose interest after a few minutes – so with experience you should cut your promotional and/or educational videos to less than 5 min as folks will tend to watch only a bit.

As for google analytics – its very easy to use. All you have to do is put a small piece of tracking code into your webpage and that is it. Google has a bunch of info on it – hope that helps!

Comment provided January 11, 2008 at 3:43 PM

MARLY writes:

yes, nice to meet you my friend…you are so wonderful and most of all genius…

Comment provided January 12, 2008 at 4:58 AM

Edward,

It can be very overwhelming to contemplate all of the metrics you could track and analyze… I try to stay narrow on tracking metrics that will lead to us being able to take new actions based on the data.

Often times, we’ll only find out that we shouldn’t change anything and that’s the result from analyzing the metrics.

We don’t use Google Analytics but have our own in-house proprietary analytics software…and the best way I can describe it is that it’s a continual work in progress. We keep discovering new or different things we want to track to better understand.

Real genius (anyone get the Val Kilmer reference? (or the irony of his characters name in that movie)) in metrics I think is tracking only data that can lead to action to help further your highest goals; everything else is noise.

Comment provided January 12, 2008 at 10:40 AM

Rabah,

Great advice!

We’ll consider shorter periods of time for future tutorial videos.

Comment provided January 12, 2008 at 10:46 AM

Edward Weiss writes:

Is it me or is Camtasia extremely slow in loading? I hate it when I have to wait more than 20 seconds for something to load and every time I click on something with Camtasia it feels like an eternity.

Comment provided January 18, 2008 at 6:43 PM