More Instant Exposure For Experts

So you’re zipping along on and you wonder more about who this author is that you’re reading about?

Just take your mouse and hover over the author’s name in the by-line and instantly (thanks to AJAX technology & our innovative developer team) the authors photo and brief bio pops up for you to get another communication opportunity with your readership.

The bio that pops up is not your resource box info, but your author bio (also known as extended bio) information.

Pretty nifty, eh?

More details about how this works:

Normally, author photo and bio are shown. If an author has no photo, just the bio is shown. If an author has no bio, nothing is shown.

Normal example:—How-To-Make-It-Less-Stressful&id=839284

Example of author with no photo:

Example of author with no bio:

WHAT!?!? You don’t have your author photo or extended author bio uploaded? :-) Get to it and that’ll enhance your credibility with your readership and with us.

Now you need to tell me how.

So far I have only submitted 1 article (I am working on 9 more!), but I don’t remember that I was prompted to leave my bio or picture. I was prompted to leave a Resource Box, but you say that’s not the same as a bio.

So now, how do I leave a photoed bio?

Comment provided January 22, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Hey Chris!

Tony Robbins would be proud of your CANI!

Constant And Never-Ending Improvement!

Keep it up my friend,

Comment provided January 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Log into your account and click on “What Am I Missing?” in the left corner of your screen under “Account Profile”. Click on Extended Bio or Author Photo to upload both.

You can also just click on ADD PHOTO in the left part of your screen where it shows “Author Photo Not Available”.

Those are the easiest ways to do it.

You can also do it via clicking on PROFILE MANAGER and updating your author photo and bio.

Comment provided January 22, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Carl Pruitt writes:

Guess I’ll have to break down and get a photo online.

Strangely, after more than two decades in the mortgage and real estate businesses, I have developed a negative reaction to photos on business cards. They seem like cheap marketing and unprofessional marketing tactics to me. After all attorneys, accountants and doctors usually don’t use photo business cards and I have always wanted to create that professional ambiance around my mortgage business rather than a sales atmosphere.

My reaction probably developed because so many real estate agents and mortgage loan officers use pictures that seem to come from their high school yearbooks. Many of them, I don’t even recognize in person after looking at their photo business card. Goofy glamour shots make me think of someone as a salesman trying to convince a prospect to buy whatever he happens to have for sale rather than a professional matching a borrower with a product that meets their needs and betters their situation.

But online and for authors, it is clearly the opposite. It isn’t about just making a sale, but showing the reader that a real live person is behind the writing.

Comment provided January 22, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Yah, ya ya, Alright! Whooya! I like this, excellent, very cool, trendy and super awesome innovation!

Comment provided January 22, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Another cool innovation. But … how are readers going to know about it if they’re not told?

My humble suggestion? Include a few words telling people that they can see a brief author bio by mousing over the hyperlink.

Comment provided January 22, 2008 at 6:09 PM

Michelle L Devon (Michy) writes:

I love it!

Thanks, Chris and the team!

Love and stuff,

Comment provided January 22, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Bob Mincus writes:

I’m very impressed. Even though this site is really well-designed, you continually make improvements.

I learned about Article writing from James D. Brausch and I’m glad I found EzineArticles.

I really think you are ahead of the curve, compared to the other article sites out there.

Comment provided January 22, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Hi Chris!

I noticed it by chance yesterday.
It is very good! Thank you!

Comment provided January 23, 2008 at 6:14 AM

Interesting suggestion.

Our heatmaps data shows that they will find this pretty quickly without having to be told.

Because it’s AJAX, we’re not tracking (yet) how many times it gets called by our users…so we’ll have to figure out a way to track its use to determine if users are finding it useful or not.

Comment provided January 23, 2008 at 8:04 AM

Alyssa Johnson writes:

Thanks for the constant innovation Chris. This, yet again shows why you guys are the 800 pound gorrilla of article directories. Hmm…maybe there’s a logo in there! :)

Keep up the great work!

Comment provided January 23, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Sir Christopher Knight with the magic wand! It’s really happening. Fast furious fantastic!

‘Thank you Chris’ is not enough. Great authors please help me express myself!

Comment provided January 23, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Heat map huh? Did you learn about this from Marketing Sherpa? And if so, care to share how using one effects the site?

Comment provided January 24, 2008 at 12:56 AM

michael cardus writes:

I noticed this last night and thought “has this always been here?”
Now I see that it has not, although it is Great!

Comment provided January 24, 2008 at 6:14 AM

Normal Nielson group used us for one of their heat map studies.

Not much to share other than have you noticed we didn’t make any site layout changes in the last year? That was on purpose. :)

Comment provided January 24, 2008 at 8:40 AM