Skellie has an interesting blog post that’s relevant to our article writing discussion together.
An excerpt of “The Hallmarks of Value-Packed Content:
- It doesn’t alleviate problems a little Ã¢â‚¬â€ it solves them.
- It doesn’t make your readership think about doing things differently Ã¢â‚¬â€ it changes the way they act.
- It’s audacious Ã¢â‚¬â€ it tries to do many things at once.
- It expresses something your target audience didn’t already know.
- It answers a question your target audience didn’t know how to ask.
- It makes your target audience feel better about themselves.
- It helps them move towards whatever they’ve defined as their *success*.”
Instead of having a primary aim of attracting traffic back to your website, focus on helping your reader to become a better person, improve their skills, or solve a problem. You can still have a CTA (Call To Action) in your Resource Box… meaning, you can have it both ways (delivering value to the reader AND attracting traffic back to your website).
How do you ensure that you deliver value-packed content with each of your articles?