EzineArticles Inbox Adoption Rate

A year ago we launched the EzineArticles Inbox system to facilitate better communication between us and our members and between our members to each other.

For the 31 days of January 2008:

• Member-To-Member: 201 messages were sent total
  • Member-To-Member: 51 were sent by unique members
  • Member-To-Member: 46 were received by unique members
  • Member-To-Support: 1,977 unique members sent an email to our support team
  • Support-To-Member: 1,769 unique members received our replies back to them.
  • Number of Members Reported For Spamming: ZERO

What does this tell us? The systems are serving us well to manage member support especially when a members email is bouncing (happens by the thousands). I would have thought the adoption rate would be higher member-to-member, but we haven’t made the Inbox a central-theme to your membership interface experience.

Do you have any suggestions for how you’d like to see the EzineArticles Inbox System improved?

Hi Chris

I think this post is a good start on letting the EzineArticles authors know about the EzineArticles Inbox System.

I’m betting that many read your post and thought “What EzineArticles Inbox System?”

Comment provided January 31, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

I really appreciate the inbox system. It’s effective for communicating with other authors, support, and Chris. It works well, and if I have an issue with something, I get attention fast. The issue gets worked out and I’m a happy camper.

Hey, I got on President’s List Honor for a 3.96 GPA yesterday and I was dancing around the room, like I’d won a million dollars. I’m easy to please!

Comment provided January 31, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Jeff Herring writes:

Congrats Jan – you earned that dance!

Comment provided January 31, 2008 at 8:50 PM

Mohi writes:

Your inbox system is really great and effective, however.

Comment provided February 1, 2008 at 7:08 AM

Hi Everyone!

I’m one of the authors that didn’t know it existed!

Comment provided February 1, 2008 at 7:18 AM

Yeah, I agree: We’ve done a poor job of communicating its existence. That was phase 4 in the original plan.

I’ll make sure it’s one of the main points of our February all-hands email to all members.

Comment provided February 1, 2008 at 7:50 AM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

I appreciate the blog for keeping us up to date, and for announcing this last year, but I truly do enjoy having front page access to the team at EzineArticles. That’s my favorite part about the inbox system.

And, notices come to my regular email, so I don’t have to monitor this every day. They just come out to my email, and I know “I have mail” even when I’m being oblivious!

(Which is most of the time!)

Comment provided February 1, 2008 at 8:05 AM

Ryan Critchett writes:

I think this is great! Nothing better than author to author communication. I think the importance of communication between writers is one of such significance, it would be crazy not to!

Comment provided December 20, 2009 at 1:38 AM