EzineArticles Email Alert Release Time

Starting today, we moved the time up another 30 minutes to release all EzineArticles new article email alerts at 10:30am CST (11:30am EST/8:30am PST).

Reason: We’ve been experimenting with this (release time) for about a year now and the primary finding is that earlier release times brings more USA-based traffic during the USA-normal business day and this is our most valuable traffic in terms of user-engagement.

8:30am Pacific USA time is still early enough for our West coast readers to grab some coffee before drilling through new article alerts.

Hi Chris!

I guess the best time to receive an article depends on the article’s subject. If it is about business, the best time is probably at morning, but if it is about depression, self-improvement, etc., the best time to receive it would be at afternoon.

I believe it would be better if you could set the time to send each group of articles depending on their category/subject, instead of sending all of them at the same time.

Comment provided January 9, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Hi Chris,
Yes I agree with Christina that it would be great to control the time the articles are released. However, I suppose that we need to go with your expertise and trust your experience.

Annie B Lawrence
Author, Love’s Secret Live Your Life In Love

Comment provided January 9, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Zack writes:

Hi Chris,

It is interesting to see that the time of when we submit articles will have slight effects on the amount of traffic that we will be receiving.

It is really great to see EzineArticles.com is always striving for improvement :)

Zack

Comment provided January 9, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Hi Chris

Your move makes sense as this is also a great time to send out email promotions.

I gotta tell you tho, I’ll be looking for these alerts whatever time you send them, as they are a highlight of my internet day.

It’s a great way to keep up with what is going on in my areas of interest.

Thanks for all you do.

Jeff
TheArticleGuyTeleSeminars.com

Comment provided January 10, 2008 at 5:48 AM

Jeanette writes:

Chris,

You always amaze me. How do you have time to think about all these little quirky twists that make EzineArticles the article flagship?

Jeanette
thebookrace.com

Comment provided January 10, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Jeanette,

Uhmm… Having a great Team?

:) Yes, that’s it.