Your Best Article of 2007? Contest

Which article of your EzineArticles was your favorite for 2007?

Which one yielded you the most results in terms of traffic, quality leads, sales, or opportunity and why?

Who will go first? Yes people, this is your chance to self-promote your favorite article posted on!

Best answer wins a $70 USD iPod Shuffle delivered to your doorstep. Winner will be determined by our editorial team and announced at 9am CST Wednesday Jan 2nd. The decision by our editors will be final. Amazon will be where the prize will be shipped from. Deadline for blog comment submissions is 6am CST January 2nd, 2008.

OPTIONAL: You are also welcome to leave us a voice testimonial to tell your story about your favorite or most effective article as posted on by calling toll-free +1 800-609-9006 x4623 or International callers: +1 678-255-2174 x4623. We’ll do our best to upload your voice submissions into your blog comments before our editorial team makes their selection.

Leon Peek writes:

The ALS Registry Act is my personal story and an issue that has stalled in the Senate. I have fought for this bill for three years and I will not lay down. ALS patients will not be hidden and left to die ever again. Get used to it.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 8:09 AM

Hope Wilbanks writes:

I think one of my favorite ones would have to be this one: “Building and Running a Business Isn’t for Cowards”

This year held lots of twists and turns for me and this summer I really had to beef things up to keep my business running smoothly. Likewise, I saw lots of women attempt to launch web businesses this year, only to see them flop way too soon.

I wrote this article in hopes that it might help other women get a better head-start on their new business endeavors. I received quite a few positive responses from it privately, so I think it really struck a chord.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 8:10 AM

Dave Saunders writes:

My favorite is a review I wrote of the movie Sicko. It got picked up by a national newspaper.—Sicko&id=627147

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 8:43 AM

Jim writes:

My favorite was this one. It’s one of my favorites types of diamonds and it was read by more people than any of my other articles.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 9:00 AM

Jim writes:

To Dave Saunders:

Dave, I just read your article above and I can see why it was picked up by a national newspaper.

That’s one of the best I’ve read all year.

Thanks for sharing,

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 9:12 AM

Judith writes:

By far the most needed and sought after article is my article on Business E-mail Basics:

It is the most visited on my sites and most distributed. And this article just scratches the surface on the topic of proper business e-mail practices.

So many folks still do not take E-mail Etiquette as seriously as they should in order to be perceived favorably and professionally. I think now that online business is something to be taken as seriously as off-line business, the topic of E-mail Etiquette in general is finally getting the attention needed for everyone to have a more productive and enjoyable time online.

Although I have been championing the topic for over a decade, my site has seen an increase in visitors hungry for information on this very important topic in 2007! How exciting! ;-)

At your service,

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 9:14 AM

Karen Cook writes:

My favorite article is always the LAST one approved by the EZ team. I still get a thrill when I see the email with “accepted”! This is because I tend to be as thick as a post getting the hang of what Chris wants.

When I formatted correctly, I would bold too many phrases. When I stopped bolding, I used too many keywords. Now…I think I’ve finally got it. Let’s hope so. I feel badly giving Chris and his team a hassle. Although with 2 pending articles, I may be eating crow yet, today!

I promise to do better in the 2008, Chris. Thank you for your integrity and hard work with EzineArticles.

I wish you, your dedicated team and all EzineArticles writers and readers a very Happy New Year! Play safe and make magical moments everyday…

Karen Cook

PS…Yes, Dave. Excellent article!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 10:32 AM

Steve Helmer writes:

My best article, is “Story Telling” is say it like never before, the article is the best of my short blogs!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 11:39 AM

Nancy Lowery writes:

As January marks a full year of writing, I’m pleased to say my first article remains amoung one of my favourites. Call it dumb luck but it also fits the criteria of what is often suggested in writing guidelines – the title has captured the most views to date

For my business that depends on a local audience, submitting to EzineArticles has given me worldwide exposure and it continues to thrill me when I see flags from around the world pop up on my webtracker – thanks to EzineArticles.

While my articles bring to light the metaphor of leadership through a horse and may seem a stretch to many – writing has helped me articulate, express and clarify my intentions so my programs continue to evolve and improve.

So thanks for providing me the venue to share.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 11:51 AM

Rick Hayes writes:

Our team gathered together after receiving your email, and decided that the article submitted to EzineArticles with the most inspirational impact was Rick’s ‘You Can’t Take It With You’. The article not only was a positive step for increasing Rick’s media invitations (television,radio,print, and speaking invitations), but we have received letters from many who have shared the article ‘was a heartfelt letter for comfort’. Thank you EzineArticles!
Keep the faith,
Rick Hayes

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 11:54 AM

Dan Goodwin writes:

Hi, my favourite article of mine this year is:

How To Beat Procrastination – Ignore This Crucial First Step And You’ll Always Procrastinate

It was the article that got most views for me this year, as well as most URL clicks and showed me the potential of what I could achieve in terms of these stats.

The reason why I especially like this article is because of a little “Happy Accident”. I write mainly about creativity, and though this procrastination article can be helpful to anyone who procrastinates, I submitted it in my usual creativity articles category: Self Improvement > Creativity.

Some wise editor at EzineArticles re-categorised it to Self Improvement > Motivation and I believe this was the key to so many more views and click thrus than I get on average for creativity articles.

This “Happy Accident” lead to me submitting further procrastination articles in the Motivation category with good results, as well as encouraging me to experiment more with other categories.

It was a major “breakthrough” article for me in many ways, plus it’s one I’m particularly proud of in terms of quality, readability and usefulness.

Dan Goodwin

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 11:56 AM

Jimson Lee writes:

My article generated several leads in motivational speaking and team building in both sports teams and business.—7-Key-Components&id=827312

My favorite response was from a reader who used my 7 tips to land a $110K job as a Senior Manager with 20 employees reporting to him. He was asked “How are you going to build your team?”

Happy New Year,

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 11:57 AM

Robin writes:

The best one for me so far, only 1 month into this would have to be “The Big “F” Word in 2007-2008, Foreclosures”.

I am so excited when we can educate and empower people and this is one topic that has been sought out and has given knowledge to homeowners. I can’t wait to see how else we can empower people!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 11:58 AM

Corinne Edwards writes:

My most popular and probably the most useful to women is

Divorce for Beginners (women only)

Men use money to control the action when they want out of a marriage. And, many times, the wife gives in out of desperation.

One of my most interesting emails was from a man who said,

“I pity the guy who wants to leave his wife for a younger model – if his wife reads this article.”

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Diane Dutton writes:

I am very excited to see over 160 views of my article on The Power of Intent.

Self-Improvement is a universal goal of human nature and I think that is what draws people to read and learn. The desire to grow as a person.

The Power of Intent points to the intention of thought and action and how powerful to the good or to the bad human nature can be taken.

I hope that more people can read and enjoy what Ezine has provided for us as a place to find inspired work.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:02 PM

Derek Dashwood writes:

Ezine is alive with bright minds, and I am learning much. I am a new author, so far my personal favorite is my first, much most read, Health Myths that Kill, and which I have just re written to make it clear how this news changed a few of my actions. And should yours.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:09 PM

Diane Helbig writes:

My favorite article has to be Follow Up Focus.

Not only has it been rated as 4 1/2 stars, but it was picked up by and was named Article of the Month back in May.

It is now in the running for Article of the Year. We’ll find out the results of that tonight!

One of the panel members has asked me to join their panel of sales experts – which I, of course, said yes to! To be in such outstanding company is truly an honor.

I’ve really enjoyed posting my articles here – the exposure has been fantastic.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:11 PM

Dorothea Carney writes:

My favorite article this year is called, Article Marketing …Something You Should Know.—Something-You-Should-Know&id=829328

It explains how to solve the problem of using affiliate links in your resource box. The article directed readers to some free videos and I received many wonderful emails from readers thanking me for helping them find a viable solution to this problem!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:15 PM

Joseph Malek writes:

Without a doubt, the story that said the most with the fewest words is: “An Analysis of a Literary Agent Form Letter Rejection.”

I care about the health and well being of everyone. I love Democracy, I love my Country, and I love my family.

That is my true purpose for writing, and if I made any of you happy, or aware of recent World events, well, that’s better than money.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:16 PM

Mary Askew writes:

Top Transferable Skills Web Sites ( was my best article for 2007.

My research on transferable skills began in 1981 when I left a career as a registered dietitian. I began a new career the mother of three children. I dreamed of reentering work force, and I knew that I needed to develop transferable skills.

My children are all adults now. Since 1995, using my web sites, I now help other parents, students, teachers, and counselors explore transferable skills, careers, and college majors.

I believe that is a valuable resource that gives an author like myself an opportunity to share ideas. Thank you Chris and all of the staff for your expert advice and support.

Helping people reach their potentials,

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:16 PM

Leonard writes:

I think that every time I write an article and it forces me to stretch, I feel it is my best article. Like Karen, I find that every time my article is “Accepted” I get a personal kick out of it. It is this challenge of writing articles that mean something to others that drives me. My favorite to date is 831911 “50 Things I Learned In Management.” It has generated two leads into speaking and training and it made me think about what Management really is.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:17 PM

Hi again, Chris!

Since you are asking me which my favorite article is I’m not going to tell you which the favorite of my readers is! My most viewed article is certainly the most preferred by most people but I prefer another one, which was the most published article in the period of 2 months in its category (in the list under each article with the most viewed and published ones): The Roots of Human Suffering and the Wise Solution

This article is a summary of the basic truth I discovered interpreting dreams according to the method of dream interpretation discovered by Carl Jung, which is the unique correct as I prove in my work, continuing his research. This is the scientific base of my research and here I present my conclusions:

Happy 2008!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:17 PM

Donald Aronson writes:

My favorite article is “How Optimal Health Affects Both Creating Healthy Living And Action Without Distraction” because it allowed me to bring out my plans for future articles and books. It allowed me to present two of my best professional friends (who, unfortunately are both deceased) and who presented the keys to a better future to humanity. They have given me the “keys” to my future writing. Hopefully those keys will give humanity a path to better life.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:17 PM

Hi Chris
I had not idea, which was my most popular article, until I saw your email and thought I would take advantage of your views statistics in my Authors Extended Bio, Well out of my 135 articles with 1281 hits it is:—Where-Do-You-Go-To&id=390933
Well this is what public thought was the favourite with most hits, my own personal favourite is:
Our Body is a Hologram of Congealed Living Light
But, when I looked for my favourite in the list of articles, for some reason it is not there? I have resubmitted it again just now.
My second personal favourite is the last one, I submitted, as it is about Oneness and most of the problems in the World are because we feel separate form everything:—We-Are-All-One?&id=896086
This has only 13 hits as it has only been up a couple of days.
For those not familiar with the personal Bio:
I am submitting the link as a demonstration, so you can see how the hits are listed.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Catherine Franz writes:

With nearly 15,000 requests, I must say the most profitable article posted on your website is:
Slogans: Creating and Using Them In Life, Career and Business.

This article lead to over 9,000 direct linked from pages to my Abundance Center web site (

It was reproduced and published in five magazines in the last few years. And I was invited onto 18 radio shows because the hosts read it and invited me onto their show to talk about this topic.

I can contribute to an additional $5,400 in info product sales directly from this article.

There are five other articles that have high numbers as well. Yet this one delivered the highest revenue and exposure. I’m fabulously pleased.

Catherine Franz
catherine @ Thank you!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Andrew J Smith writes: is my pick. Loving Italy and good food in equal measure this article did it for me. It was not easy to decide. The article on the best Italian cookbooks was also a favorite.

It is not always a case of making money, I often just enjoy sharing what I have learnt in my ten years in Italy. Of course it would be great if people read the books I recommend or sampled the wines and food from my region of Italy but the most important thing is to share my love for this wonderful country.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:33 PM

Teri Salvador writes:

By far the most viewed article I wrote is one I did not really spend too much time with, funny how that works!! The ” Tips on Fiber Optic Christmas Tree” article just brought in tons of traffic to my site in a few scant weeks! I was truly amazed as this was a seasonal subject for me and not one of my main sites. Thanks EzineArticles, the traffic potential is there, and now I can see the results.

It takes a while before you can establish an internet identity, but once your there, the results start coming in and just makes you feel like you are an Author. I am truly pleased with the results.

Tips on Fiber Optic Christmas Trees

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:39 PM

Lisa A. Shiel writes:

My favorite article was “Wild Women of the Woods: Sexism in Bigfoot Research.” I got so many wonderful comments, both on my blog (where I originally posted the article) and via email. I was asked to appear on several radio shows because of this article, to discuss the issue. No one likes to talk about sexism in paranormal research, and especially not in Bigfoot research. But how many women Bigfoot researchers have you heard of?

When this article appeared on my blog, I got an enormous amount of traffic. And on EzineArticles, this piece has become the most viewed of any of my articles. I have become the #1 author in the paranormal category based largely on this one article. I have also seen a number of non-paranormal websites pick up this article, including a feminist news site.

Wild women of the woods, unite!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:46 PM

Happy New Year Chris and thanks for another great opportunity for your authors.

First, favorite and effective are two completely descriptors. Since the goal of Internet article marketing is to secure traffic to your website and hopefully encourage visitors to leave their information, in 2007, this article outperformed all other articles in reads, click throughs and sign ups:

7 Top Tips to Car Salesman’s or Saleswoman’s Success –

Due to the initial success of this article within the first couple of months after its posting in April of 07, I created a free new car salemen assessment that is downloaded 3 to 5 times each day.

Again, the best in 2008 and may it exceed your wildest expectations

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Bette Dowdell writes:

I was delighted to see my article “Dream Big” got quite a bit of attention. Hope is as essential to life as air and water, and as long as we can dream, we can hope.

Being the practical sort, I made the article about dreams big enough to be a challenge, but doable, albeit it with significant effort.

I’m glad people liked my article. I enjoyed writing it. My dream is that I can positively impact the lives of readers through my writing. What’s that old spiritual? “If I can help somebody as I travel this road, then my living has not been in vain.”

I invite readers to email with the topics they’d like me to write about.

My word for the new year is: Dream on and dream big.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Irene writes:

I thoroughly enjoyed pulling the benefits of leadership from my favorite article, ‘Leadership in the Few and Small’. I find it amazing to go back and reread the article and ask myself, “Did I write that?” I know with the help of the Lord and his wisdom and insight, I could not write or be creative in my articles without his help. I enjoyed seeing the ANTS final come together after seeing their strength in numbers; unity. And as for the Commander in “A Few Good Men,” it is a lesson to us all to carefully examine our intentions and extensions to one another.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 1:18 PM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

My favorite article – written under my psuedonym – was—How-the-Abuser-Gains-Control-in-an-Abusive-Relationship&id=659504 it received 1538 views and 286 clicks. This power-dredged article landed a book publication contract, and has already been published more than any other article I’ve ever written.

I wrote it after a very traumatic experience with my daughter who has unfortunately followed in my footsteps as the victim of an abusive relationship. It’s time we begin to understand and recognize the characteristics of abusers. This article was published under my psuedonym originally, here on EzineArticles, but the Book will be published under my own name.

If this article can stop one abuser from harming just one person, it will have been worth the publication and the struggles, including all the tears I’ve cried. Domestic Violence MUST STOP!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Pat McCarthy writes:

My article about getting started in scrapbooking has received the most views of any of my articles, over 500. I think that shows how popular this hobby has become and that people want to know how to get started. I read somewhere that there are more scrapbookers in the US than golfers, so you can see how it’s growing. I’m happy I’ve helped a number of people to get started on what can be a very gratifying hobby, as well as a means of preserving family memories.

Pat McCarthy

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 1:45 PM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

The website has changed since I built it last summer – so I can frequently update and add more content easier. ALL proceeds from this site are donated to Domestic Abuse Victims for Safty organizations.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 1:47 PM

My favourite is the following article though that is one of the least viewed articles.

The article has brought me back a friend and his family in touch after they have migrated from India to Singapore.

My contact with him and his family via his company e-mail made it impossible after he has left the firm to retrieve my details.

Fortunately the Ezine article did a heavenly task.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 1:47 PM

Susan M. Heim writes:

Judging by the titles of my most viewed EzineArticles, I may need to steer my career in another direction! I write parenting books and articles, and so far I have focused mainly on early childhood issues. But now that I’ve found that my two most popular articles are ‚¬“Teens and Volunteerism: The Benefits of Community Service for Adolescents‚¬ and ‚¬“7 Secrets for Raising Responsible Teenagers,‚¬ perhaps there’s more of a demand for my advice in the area of parenting teens!

I’m currently between projects as my three books have been published and I am seeking ideas for a new book, so this may be just the feedback I need to go to the drawing (er, writing) board to draft a new proposal. With two teenage boys in the house, I have plenty of material to round out a book on parenting adolescents.

Publishing on EzineArticles is a great way to gauge demand for particular subjects and help writers determine where their expertise is most needed. Thank you!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 1:52 PM

Josiah Friberg writes:

My most successful ezine article yet has to be Article ID Number: 737638 – “How to Take Awesome Indoor Portraits – Discover 5 Secret Keys to Amazing Portraits and Still Lifes.”

This article got over 1,700 views and 47 URL click throughs. It was my first article on photography, and I feel that it was helpful to a lot of people. I’ve written several more photography articles since then, which have had a lot fewer views but a higher percentage of URL clicks. I’ve written a lot more articles on health and nutrition, but none of them has gotten as much attention and views as this one photography article.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 1:54 PM

Brad Szollose writes:

The article that received the most attention was the one entitled Handling the Problem Employee.

I wrote the article after a friend called me desperate to find a solution to a serious problem. The resulting article was from calling up another friend who worked in HR. My own experiences are funny but to the point, but once the article was live, several websites specializing in ethics picked it up. I didn’t realize this was such a widespread problem until I saw how many of these sites took my article seriously.

I can’t thank enough. It has been a better journey because of you…The best in 2008 to Christopher Knight and the entire staff.

It is truly humbling to know that people care about our writing and give us all an outlet.

Brad Szollose

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Joe Lawrence writes:

Hello all and Happy New Year!

The article of mine that has been the most fun to write and which has drawn huge attention to me is The Love Triangle.

This article has helped numerous people look at relationships in all three-dimensions and create depth that will last a lifetime.

It is my favorite because it helps others and me to see things in a different light.

Good luck to all with your future postings!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 2:03 PM

Tom Bomar writes:

The most active article I’ve produced has nothing to do with exciting new breakthroughs in health and fitness. As a matter of fact I hesitated even writing it because the topic itself is often brought up as part of a spot reduction miracle. This same fact is also what eventually encouraged me to finally produce this article and in turn, I believe generate the higher activity.

Butt Sculpting 101 is the article. It does not give the spot reduction answer, but I did take into account that many people will search for that spot reduction of the popular backside location, and with higher numbers searching, I believe I found higher article activity.

I may not have provided all of them with exactly what that wanted to hear or read (the easy way out), but I took the opportunity to target that same group and provide them accurate information.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 2:18 PM

Cliff Smith writes:

This article drew 2742 views and some lifetime customers to our online health food store. It is an article that investigates the true health value of one of today’s most popular, “health drinks”.

Vitamin Water – A Health Drink That Enhances the Benefits of Drinking Water or Silly Sales Gimmick?

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 2:27 PM

Mindy Makuta writes:

I just launched a wedding information web-site this year which fits nicely with owning & running a small Colorado mountain resort where we offer outdoor ceremonies and tented receptions. So, writing articles about having fun at weddings was a natural fit.

Why not have fun at your wedding? I researched games that are played at weddings and made up a few that I would enjoy. I did not expect the article

to be such a hit with the readers – 5500+ views, but it took off so well that I followed it up with a “more” article that is my second best read article!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Note to All;

1) If you have subscribed to this comment thread via email, know that you can unsubscribe at any time.

2) If you don’t include your URL of your article, I may include it for you.

3) If you make a typo in your blog entry, don’t worry as I’ll correct them for ya…this time. :)

Rock on!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 2:52 PM

As a new author, I am proud that my article “The Anatomy Of An Upset”

resonated so strongly with so many people who read it. It has been read over five hundred times, and received a five star vote. This is great encouragement to me as I am almost finished my first book and companion workbook, and really look forward to helping lots of people with it.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 3:10 PM

My favorite article this year is—5-Steps-Plus-a-Bonus-for-Dealing-with-ADHD-and-Anger&id=685710 . In 3 months it has almost as many views as articles of two years ago.

Many people feel justified in their anger, but it destroys relations and solves nothing. Mix with ADHD and the combination is radioactive.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 3:26 PM

Toni Star writes:

“Phobias, Fear and Anxieties” did well on EzineArticles because it helped and informed the reading audience and was entertaining and also very interesting.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 4:11 PM

Shari Hearn writes:

Shameless self-promotion? If I must! Although my favorite article to write was an article on overweight cats (fun to write but not so fun when it’s my cat), the best in terms of URL clicks back to my site was an article I wrote for my Destination Wedding site entitled, “Where are the Best Places to Get Married?” at , which has been viewed 4,600 times and has resulted in 465 visits to my site. Google may come and go, but I know I can always count on clickthroughs from my articles, which consistently receive high placement in all the major search engines.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 4:26 PM

Brandi Cummings writes:

My most successful article of 2007 was entitled Virtual Fax: A Business Traveler’s Companion (—The-Business-Travelers-Companion&id=763724 ). It was not my most read article, not even by half, but it had the highest click through rate at 25%. So what made this article so successful? Looking back I would say there are 5 key things.

1. The article is very targeted. It was written with a very specific market in mind and when someone reads the title, they know if it is something that applies to them or not.

2. The article presents a problem that its targeted readers are likely to have and gives a solution. It provides helpful information.

3. It is timely. Most business today is done on the go and this article taps into that.

4. It is in a category where there is not a lot of competition. This gives my article a better chance of being read and not lost in the shuffle.

5. The resource box provides a clear, benefit oriented call to action.

This article did not get 2000 views or get published 1000 times. What it did do was resonate with 25% of the people that read it. And since my goal is to have people read my articles, learn from them, and click through to my sites for more information, I would call this a successful article.

UPDATED/ADDED MODERATOR COMMENT Jan 1st 2008 6pm CST: Check out Brandi’s blog post: Article Marketing: What Is Success?

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 4:46 PM

Susan J Smith writes:

I started ezining in August, and have published 6 articles so far. My favorite and most eye-opening article for me was—10-Easy-Ways-To-Update-Basement-Laundry-Rooms&id=773972 because it made me realize that there was a real void for focused information. Most interior decorating information is broad or just doesn’t go very deep. The article has been viewed over 475 times so far. To test my theory, I wrote one about Alternative Uses for Living Rooms, and got an even bigger response. I track my web activity, and about 20 to 25% of all traffic comes from my EzineArticles. I plan to keep on writing, and keep it focused!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 5:51 PM

Tony Masiello writes:

Most of my articles were written in 2006, and they were all my favorite. I just can’t help it, they are like my children. I baby them along and send them out into the world to do their best to encourage and motivate people.

The only article I submitted in 2007 is titled “Stand Tall Like The Sunflower”,

Many of my stories have been featured in Bob Proctor’s ‘Friday Story’, including this one on July 19 of this year. I always do well selling my e book after one of my stories run through his or other newsletters.

I feel blessed for this little story and all of my others.

Tony Masiello

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 6:58 PM

Sun Yung writes:

I have joined EzineArticles for almost 3 months and my best articles that has 5400 visitor in 2 months, is “How To Ask A Girl Out-3 Simple Steps that every Guy Must Do!”—3-Simple-Steps-That-Every-Guy-Must-Do!&id=773977

This articles has given me a lot of sales…I think it is too bad for newbie like me in affiliate business.

Thanks for EzineArticles that is so powerful than any other article directories in this world…

Wishing You Always Success in this 2008!

Sun Yung

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 7:33 PM

Clayton Shold writes:

Simplicity works. My article “If You’re in Sales – Stop Selling” provides a simple and practical message to anyone in sales. While it had a strong number of views, it the one article that did very well with the Ezine Publishers being picked up 55 times. enjoyed over one million page views in it’s first year thanks in part to the hundreds of links from EzineArticles.

If that isn’t enough to win an iPod, Chris Knight is right above me on the expert authors list, that has to count for something … doesn’t it? I think it should. :)—Stop-Selling&id=110975

Happy New Year to all, make 08 great!

PS – if you are in sales, do check out

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 8:37 PM

Brenda Skidmore writes:

EzineArticles is my favorite article website to submit to, hands down.

I love writing articles, it helps me unwind and feed my passion. After a year and a half of writing, my ego was overwhelmed in receiving a 5 star rating on one of my articles on this site, for the first time—Safe-Alternatives-or-Junk-Food?&id=790027

I celebrated by doing a little appreciation dance. I strive to bring more useful information content to this site, to help empower like minded individuals.

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 9:56 PM

Sandy Shaw in Scotland writes:

My six months experience with Ezine has been quite amazing! 350 articles have been published with over 26,000 viewings. Whether people read the entire articles of course is a different matter.

The Top Viewing has been “The Facts Surrounding The Birth of Jesus Christ“, although one or two on “Leadership” come close.

I have no Web Page. I have nothing to sell. But I do believe I have something important to share. Articles have appeared under various categories – Religion -Leadership – Inspiration – Motivation – Positive – Health – Ethics – and even Science.
This morning I am viewing on Television the riots from Kisumu in Kenya, where I have taught twice at Pastors and Leaders Seminars.

Should I continue writing and submitting articles for Ezine? Do they make a difference? What questions for New Year’s Day 2008.
Warmest greetings.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 6:08 AM

KC Kudra writes:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the fun little contest and a Happy New Year to you and your staff.

Your e-mail said you wanted our most productive article upon reviewing my stats I am a little confused is that most views, clicks, or published? All are important in their own ways and I do not seem to have a clear stand out in all three areas. My most viewed by a 100% has the least clicks and published articles. My most published and clicked has the one of the least viewed.

I suppose it would matter what one was after in their article writing ventures. I think for me it is two fold both backlinks and traffic are important and as this is my first year with EzineArticles my stats do not tell a very complete picture. One other area that is important for me is to be an expert in at least one area so the articles that move me to the highest author rating in a particular subject matter is highly important to me and there for I would have to go with the following article:

Thanks and a great New Year to all the best for 2008,

KC Kudra

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 7:03 AM

Val Scaresbrook writes:

My favourite is—A-Quick-Read&id=341046. I wrote it because so many people spend a ridiculous amount of time on weeding instead of sitting back and enjoying their gardens. All because they don’t know the basics.

So I hope my article helps people realise that a garden is not a problem and gardening is not difficult.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 9:13 AM

Funnily enough, my favourite and most popular article is the first one I ever wrote –—-How-This-Amazing-Food-Can-Benefit–Your-Babys-Diet&id=133821
It has been published on many other sites and I have had lots of positive feedback about it. For such a long time, parents believed that food for their babies had to be bland and boring, but that’s changing now and I love sharing my adventurous recipes with my visitors.

I love it when parents write to me and say that they had difficulty feeding their babies, then they tried something they’d seen on my site and their little ones happily tucked in! I had a lot of this type of feedback from this article, from parents who had never even thought about giving their babies tofu – then discovered that they really loved it!

Happy New Year to all!

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Linda Marks writes:

How does one define “favorite?” If we do it by popularity, my article “Sexuality in Midlife and Beyond,” is surely #1. That one article generated hundreds of hits within 48 hours of publication, and is currently my top read article with 561 hits since it was approved on 12/22/07.

Yet, my article “Leave No Child Inside: Reconnecting Children and Nature,” which was posted on 12/19/07 has had the most hits by ezines.

And what I find even more interesting, is that the traffic patterns here are considerably different than the traffic patterns for articles on my own blog.

It reminds me of the polling process for Presidential candidates. Where you stand depends on where you sit.

More than anything, I appreciate the opportunity to share my articles with those who are looking for them through

As a writer, I write to make a difference in the lives of others. And without readers, a writer stands in a vacuum. Like the sound of one hand clapping.

So, it is wonderful to have this forum to find the other hands, so that together we can clap into a joyful applause!

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Debbi Secaur writes:

My favorite and most visited article of 2007 was Preconception Basics – Three Basic Fertility Rules. This one was also actually one of the easiest ones I have written in a long time.

Nothing thrills me more than getting that email that says “thanks to your information, we are finally pregnant!” That is the true prize for me, making a couple happy.

I hope you all are having a wonderful New Year.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Karen Davis writes:

My favorite article of 2007 was—A-Moms-Review-of-a-New-DVD-Workshop&id=798529. In it I review a great dvd set by someone who has become a personal friend through going back and forth on other projects surrounding this one. I just love win/win situations and so I was jazzed to see that this article had received the most views and URL clickthroughs. That means that both she and I received traffic AND the readers also won by finding a source of information that is truly excellent.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 12:31 PM

John Tebar writes:

The best one was—The-Act-of-Becoming&id=861248

Though it was published with 4 other articles, I believe it was this one that in turn produced the most results.

This article I wrote from my heart. It was my attempt to reach and inspire those people who were hurting and give them hope for the future. When I read it again just a few minutes ago, I broke out in tears, only because I know that it addresses our wishes and hopes to do well in life. It was actually an awesome experience to read it again.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Gene Schwerman writes:

Unquestionably my favorite article that I have submitted to E-zine Articles so far was the one entitled “SEO: Interstellar Web Travel or Affordable Custom Website Design En Casserole.” This was my most popular article to date, being picked up by multiple other sites, but for whatever reason, it retained its own position in the search engines much longer than any of my other articles have. It is also the only article I have written to date where people took the trouble to seek me out and comment about the article.

There is a lesson to be learned from this article beyond whatever instructional value there is concerning SEO, and that is that this particular article was certainly both more creative and more fun than most of the other stuff I have written. So the lesson seems to me to be when you’re doing something you enjoy and allowing your creative juices to flow it will be a better overall experience.
Best of luck in 2008!

Gene Schwerman

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Happy New Year everyone!

If there is any doubt that you “get it”… check out this email that came in after we announced the contest:

“I’m LOST Here.None Of My Articles Were Published Because They Were Ads.Yet,Here You’re Asking Which Of My Articles Worked As The Best Advertising….WHAT Am I Missing ????????”

I’ll send this person a nice note that the ARTICLE BODY is where you “GIVE” and the RESOURCE BOX is where you “TAKE”. Such a simple concept that still eludes many.

Article Writing For Marketing purposes is all about LEAD generation through demand generation, but direct advertising it is not. It’s more indirect. PULL instead of PUSH.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 1:59 PM

John Helios writes:

Fellow writers,

Can I say I just love this site and have read some great articles over the last year. I have had some great feedback on some of my articles. The article that blew me away for page views (36,500) and clicks to my site (4,189) with a five star rating (yay!) was about he largest medically recorded penis.

I know it is not the best of subjects but found that people were looking for that information so decided to find a definitive answer rather than some of the other disinformation out there on the web.

Thanks EzineArticles and happy writing in 2008.

John Helios

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Maureen Miller writes:

I adore writing. It is how I nourish my soul and breath. I haven’t made a million dollars off what I’ve written nor had tons of referrals for my coaching skills. I’ve not had newspapers contact me to post my articles. What I DO know is that every single person who has read every one of my articles has been impacted somehow by what I’ve written. Now if THAT isn’t a powerful gift, I don’t know what is. I take great respect in the words I put down and am honored to have the skill to do so.
It was hard to choose my favourite article.
The one that received the most “reads” was
My favourite one was

Thanks for having this space to do what I love to do: write

Maureen Miller B.Ed.
Associate Certified Coach
Certified Teleclass Leader
Lets create a Thinking Revolution!

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Ken Petersen writes:

My best article should win the award and I will tell you why. It is written about helping todays youth, and todays dilemma of underfunded schools and programs. HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS, NEW ENGLAND IS ROLLING OUT THE CARPET is the title.

The article was written a few months ago and I had many hits. However more exciting- last week it was republished as a GOOGLE headline- I received many contacts since about it and am really pleased so many feel sports are an important aspect of todays world, and the betterment of todays youth.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Keith Scott writes:

This was my best article for several important reasons. It was about a rare (but benign) illness which had afflicted me for a few years. I later developed a food supplement for other illnesses that, serendipitously, cured this distressing condition. As it is a very rare illness, very little is known about its cause or treatment therefore it was an ideal niche subject for an ezine article.

It was read by far more people than all my other articles and brought a large amount of traffic to my website. It also helped to place my website very high in the search engine rankings for several appropriate keywords.

Being a medical doctor it was great to be able to reach out to so many people who could benefit from my product and the information on my website.

It was also gratifying to see how powerful the submission of a good, niche related article through can be.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 8:33 PM

As a newbie to EzineArticles I decided to write on a variety of relationship topics to see what readers were interested in. My third article on Relationship/Affairs: What the Person Who is in an Affair Wants You to Believe had by far the most views and URL clicks.

Writing articles is a whole new venture for me. The views count and URL clicks have been a useful barometer of what interests readers. Articles which I thought would be useful and popular have had surprisingly few views. Thus I can say that my third article has been my favorite because it has taught me to always pay attention to what the reader cares about.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Nicole Isler writes:

This site allows us to share our life experience and knowledge with others. What good is knowledge unless we share it? Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to do so.

The article of mine that seemed to attract the most attention was:

My purpose is to improve someone’s life every day. This article was the vehicle for me to fulfill that according to a viewer.

The comments left really say it best, here’s just a portion of what a viewer shared with me:

“But today, between you and my old friend, I am moving closer to the me I want to be. Thank you for your wonderful writing! Today you have encouraged one – me! Thank you!”

Nicole M. Isler, CTACC
Life Pilot, Success Coach, Motivational Speaker
For More Information:

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 9:56 PM

Ruth Seebeck writes:

Just eleven months ago, I didn’t know I could be a published author. Then someone told me about I can’t describe the elation of having that first article published. Thank you.

Since then, I’ve been developing a website, writing an ebook, blogging and writing more articles. I’ve used the article resources on Ezine to answer my questions on developing an online business.

Surprisingly, my most posted article was about a most enjoyable afternooon we spent in Memphis at Mud Island. Our Las Vegas travel tips was the second most popular.

Thank you for providing this wonderful service for all of us!

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Wacek Kijewski writes:

Hi Chris,
My two best articles were: “How to Teach Classroom Mathematics” and “Al-Gebra and Illuminati Links Discovered“. In other directories, the last one was definitely first. Although the number of visitors to my website increased considerably, it has not produced more sales.

Reason? Well, Chris does not allow to present negative conclusions, so I obey his rules.
In spite of this, I am impressed by the amount of work Chris does to us, the writers.
Well done Chris!

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Jeanette writes:

My favorite article this year helped sell my book Flip That House with FAUX. I was surprised at the number of views which happened so quickly for “Fireplace Mantle Information – New Ideas to Update Ugly Fireplaces.”—New-Ideas-to-Update-Ugly-Fireplaces&id=679947 This article drove a lot of traffic to my website, which tells the story of my husband’s sudden death during the filming of Flip That House. The TV show gave my children a terrific tribute to their father.

Chris, the ONLY reason that we were featured on Flip That House is because of my article on flipping houses: The producer found me by a search and called me. She said that I was all over the Internet for “flipping houses.”

The article with the most views (2,233 since August), “Real Estate Market Update for Fall 2007 and Forecast 2008,” is helping me make money today with a REO teleseminar.

Since I have three children in college, it’s great that I can make money off just a few articles.

Thank you for enriching our lives. I am so grateful for being on the TV show. Not many kids get to have a professional DVD of their dad and our grandchildren will get to know their grandfather.

Listing you in my Gratitude Journal,

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 12:53 AM

Majelis writes:

Wow. It is hard for me to pick one out of my 10 articles to be classified as the best achiever because the 10 articles published by EzineArticles has been performing equally-well. They have got almost equal number of views and almost equal number of publishing by ezine publishers. However, since I have to name one as the best I would say my latest article entitled “Guiding Young Internet Users” as the best and the quickest achiever. It has obtained the most views out the 10 articles I have submitted to EzineArticles. I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Chris and his support staff for providing this prestigious forum for authors from all over the world. And thanks also for having accepted all my articles.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 2:31 AM

Basil C. Hill writes:

Having been selected as a beauty contest judge before, picking one’s best achiever is difficult because each of my best six has a different benchmark–which is why I write in the first place.
The day the pride of peacocks danced for the autistic child’s birthday is a personal milestone of spiritual communion–evidenced by the many publishers that have run with the article since. Personally, the cancer-proofing of our immune systems is a medical alarm bell that could not ring sooner. However, since Chris has posted his guidelines, I will throw the best six (statistically) in a hat and let the hand of fate pick one, since all six of my 30 meet his criteria:
(1) So You Think I Am Crazy Because I Apologized to a Peacock?
(2) How To Cancer Proof Your Immune System!
(3) In The Bulls Eye Of Untruth, Even Lies That Miss Hurt!
(4) Perishable Pens Maul Mighty Men’s Swords – Sometimes!
(5) Discover How a Five-Course Lunch With a Vagrant Changed My Life Forever.
(6) Tomb of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus–Historical Fact & Doctrinal Enigma!

As I open the crumpled pieces of paper, slowly I unfold one only. DRUMROLL PLEASE: The selected piece is–(1) So You Think I Am Crazy Because I Apologized to a Peacock.

Well Chris–even the hotel where the little boy vacationed is in love with the article.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 3:58 AM

Ruth Houston writes:

My favorite article is one entitled Is your Spouse Cheating? ‚¬€ 21 Ways to Tell—-21-Ways-to-Tell&id=763430 because in the less than 3 months since I posted it on it has been viewed over 3385 times and I have received hundreds of requests for the tip sheet that I offer at the end entitled 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Signs of Infidelity,

As an infidelity expert who is frequently called on by the media to comment on infidelity issues in the news, I wrote the article illustrate to suspicious spouses and significant others that rather than relying on the so-called top 10 signs of infidelity, they should actually look at 21 areas of concern if they want to accurately assess whether or not their mate is cheating. Infidelity is far too serious a situation to make a determination from a mere 10 signs because there are more than 10 factors involved.

This article and the tip sheet mentioned drive home that fact.

Ruth Houston
Infidelity expert, author of Is He Cheating on You? – 829 Telltale Signs”
and founder of

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 6:01 AM

Thank you for submitting your entry for this fun little contest on sharing your favorite article of 2007 and what it meant to you.

This blog entry will now close while our editors review all of the entries and make their selection.

I instructed our editors to choose the best entry regardless as to their Platinum or Basic membership status, I didn’t disclose any personal friendships I have with those in this contest, and asked them to bring me (1) winner that best exemplifies an ideal EzineArticles author so that when we share the winners name to our prospective new future EzineArticles members, they can get a glimpse as to what this is all about.

Lastly, I’m touched by many of your stories. Wow, what an incredible group we have here. :]

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 8:32 AM

Winner was chosen: Comment #48.

Watch for new blog entry in an hour to share the news and runner up’s.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Ok, this thread is re-opened back up.

This was very difficult selecting a winner for more reasons than I can list here…

But, someone’s got to win the iPod shuffle token prize:

Best wishes to all for a prosperous and heavy traffic New Year!

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Ken Petersen writes:

Congrats to the winner of the IPOD, but I really think everyone did a great job. lets keep the traffic flowing for 2008!

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Lila Molinaro writes:

Congrats Brandi on winning the IPOD. Great comments.

My best article is Creatine and Phosphagen Elite Help You Increase Your Muscle Mass. The article received the most views and url clicks. It’s always exhilarating when your article is accepted, published, and read. It just shows the power of article marketing.

Looking forward to a great 2008.

Comment provided January 3, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Suzi Parsell writes:

Congrats Brandi for winning the IPOD. Your comments are very insightful. I know I am a little bit late, but I wanted to share my best article for 2007. It’s my last one and is titled: Grapefruit Fiber and Lower Cholesterol – Is There a Connection?. The article does not have the highest page views, but it has the highest url clicks. A lesson learned – write about what interest people and peek their curiosity.

Comment provided January 3, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Chaton Turner writes:

Apparently romance is challenging for everyone, and long distance relationships are even more so. despite writing articles about several topics this past year, my article entitled, “The Challenges of Long Distance Relationships” has by far received the most hits. It just goes to show that while love makes the world go round, it takes a lot of work to get there.

Comment provided January 4, 2008 at 1:22 AM

To Future Blog Commentors on This Thread,

If you wish to congratulate any of the winners, you’ll need to do more than just say “Congrats” as that doesn’t add value to the 80+ people who get notified when your blog comment is accepted.

If you want to share your best article of 2007, you’re still welcome to :) even though the contest is officially over.

Comment provided January 8, 2008 at 7:36 AM