Twittering Chris Knight?

If you’re on Twitter, here’s an invitation to follow me:

Twitter.com/chrisknight

Carl Pruitt writes:

I signed up for it a short time back at the invitation of a friend and I’ve been watching it!but after several days, I’m still waiting to see whether it’s going to make my life better or just help me waste more time when I should be working.

I guess I will need to learn Chinese to follow a large part of the conversation.

Thanks!

Carl Pruitt

Comment provided December 18, 2007 at 9:12 AM

I once had a bird named “Twitter” it was a very expensive African Gray, actually his name was SAM, but for some reason it never learned to talk, so I nicked named him Twitter. Eventually, he learned to say “Twitter” and believe me this was no Tweety Bird, it is a large beautiful bird.

I ended up giving Twitter to a friend, who had a female bird of the same variety. Then wouldn’t you know SAM (Twitter) started talking up a storm. I think he was lonely. And maybe he might have joined a social network on the Internet.

He is a very smart bird, SAM is or Twitter rather. I am sure he would have been able to communite fine with all the other little Twitters out there on the Internet. Or the social networking Bird Brains on some of the lesser social networking sites? Tweet, Tweeter my dear Twitter.

Comment provided December 18, 2007 at 9:31 AM

Susan Scharfman writes:

I’m all a’twitter over Sam AKA Twitter. African Greys are known for their uncanny mimic abilities, including the swear words. Maybe Sam needed a mate for inspiration. Alas, I cannot twitter away the time I’ve allotted for writing. But dear Chris, Oh Sweet Bird of Youth, by all means do your Twitter.

suschar

Comment provided December 18, 2007 at 10:23 AM

Wow, you know I should have named my bird “chirpy” but he seemed to like Twitter. Still, he really couldn’t communicate until he met his actual mate, so I am not sure what that says for social networking online, but it seems to be a reality for Online Dating. Let’s all communicate in 2008.

If that means using an online networking site, like the successful Twitter, then, why not?

Comment provided December 18, 2007 at 12:01 PM

I thought this was a great argument for why Twittering is a bad idea:

Comment provided December 18, 2007 at 1:51 PM

Carl Pruitt writes:

It might also be an argument for why Twittering is a way for the less motivated people to hold themselves accountable or risk alienating all their friends.

Comment provided December 18, 2007 at 1:58 PM

If one is busy and has made lots of friends over their lifetime, then chances are they have plenty of associates in business, friends and acquintences. And I do not mean to sound like the Cat who “8” the Canary here, but many of the “Tweeters” on Twitter, have a nice song and dance, but they are so busy online talking, that they are not out doing, which is what I am doing already.

You see with nearly 13,000 articles and syndicated on average 18.7 times each that is more back links than God, who cre8’ed the canary, and I have more traffic than I’ll ever need, without Twitter, Tweeting or eight canaries to sing with. Can you hear me now?

Comment provided December 18, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Two of them didn’t sing because they were females, very silent mothers.

One of my favorite compositions at the piano is entitled: ‚¬“The flight of the free canary‚¬. I composed it on behalf of all imprisoned canaries of this world, remembering my 8 canaries that lived in cages.

I was too young and ignorant in order to protect and defend them from slavery at that time!

Comment provided December 18, 2007 at 2:45 PM

Carl Pruitt writes:

Chris Brogan has some interesting thoughts on Twitter on his blog at http://chrisbrogan.com/twitter-revisited/

Carl Pruitt