November New Article Email Alerts

Must be the time of the season, but the stats are in for our November new article email alert list stats and here are the top 5 categories that experienced new member growth:

Out of the 435 niche’s EzineArticles serves, only (9) had negative list growth. The bottom (3) include Real Estate: Homes – (3.85% Decline), Real Estate: Law – (3.19% Decline), and Health & Fitness: Heart Disease – (2.33% Decline).

All together, EzineArticles delivered 1,389,664 emails to 72,664 (5.4% growth over previous month) permission-based new article email alert members. We’re on track to end the year with 76k list members who receive new article alerts and this is about 24k short of our goal. Always open to your suggestions for how we can improve these email alerts.

Alyssa Johnson writes:

Is it just me or is the fact that the Affairs category was the fastest growing a little disturbing???

Thanks for the info Chris. It helps to know what people are focusing on.

Keep up the great work!

Comment provided December 14, 2007 at 10:57 AM

I agree, Alyssa, however, perhaps those same people need to be writing about health and fitness-heart disease. I believe that the two could be connected.

Comment provided December 14, 2007 at 11:20 AM

Thaddeus Ferguson writes:

Hey Chris just out of curiosity how many suscribers do you have that are suscribed to the Affairs email list and of the 72,664 members how many are suscribed to multiple categories

Comment provided December 14, 2007 at 3:50 PM

Thad,

List sizes range from 15 members to 675 members (Positive Attitude).

As of today, the Affairs category has 131 list members… Not a lot, but a highly targeted list.

Comment provided December 14, 2007 at 3:59 PM

Hi Chris!

I wrote once an article for Relationships – Affairs but it got lost in this category because it is basically for articles about cheating spouses! I didn’t read the guidelines when I submitted it. Later I understood that I should have read them in order to verify if my article was really in the right place instead of simply supposing what this category should be about.

Then I started writing for Relationships ‚¬€ Love. I like this category because I have more readers, since this is a subject of general interest.
I never have so many readers when I write articles about depression, craziness, suicidal thoughts, etc.

Now that you are showing us that this category is so popular, I’m thinking about writing articles for Affairs in order to help all these people that care so much for learning if their spouse cheats on them, without thinking about what they are going to do if they will confirm their suspicions.

Depending on their character and on the situations they will have to face, love treasons can have very serious consequences!

Comment provided December 14, 2007 at 5:31 PM

I just wrote it: ‚¬“Protection and Guidance: What to do If Your Spouse Cheats on You‚¬.
Now it only has to be revised and approved!

I may change a little bit the title depending on a few factors.

Comment provided December 14, 2007 at 6:49 PM

I sure love the SOUP email alerts, because I am now stocked up on all sorts of food items, and with all the cold we have been getting, I just love all the good recipes.

Comment provided December 14, 2007 at 7:57 PM

I’m becoming allergic to recipes because my son bought a book with several biological recipes that are very good for your health but don’t have a good taste. Everything has to be boiled and very natural! and according to the book directions. Exactly like the book!

I’m missing the time we used to order fat pizzas!

Comment provided December 14, 2007 at 9:20 PM

I love Pizza too. But when all the streets have ice and snow, I would feel guilty to order a pizza and find out the guy crashed on the way. I feel sorry for all those Ezine Authors who are stuck inside and but at least they can write many articles this month to pay for the heating bill?

Comment provided December 14, 2007 at 9:27 PM

Here in Athens the weather is not so cold yet. Only tomorrow we may have some snow in the mountains.

Are there articles about snow and the cold weather at EA?
I would be interested in articles about ‚¬“how to protect yourself from the cold weather without wearing too much‚¬.

Many people ask me if I think that Athens is Alaska when they see everything I wear when the winter is heavy!

Comment provided December 14, 2007 at 10:03 PM

Yes, there are many articles on EzineArticles that are about Extreme Weather, the weather category gets decent traffic too. I advise article authors who are new to write articles with a “regional focus” to write their articles and post them just ahead of the seasonal weather changes. So if you are going to write about Scottsdale, AZ, mid-spring start writing about the extreme heat or title your articles with weather terms;

How to Heat Up Your Sales – Marketing Your Small Business in Scottsdale

Then as the weather changes and gets cold you might work in weather terms to your articles for other categories:

Don’t Let Your Relationship Go Cold – 5 Tips to…

And to tie this into the subject of this Blog Post realize that when those email alerts come, people only spend 1-2 seconds reading the title, you have to grab them if you want them to click on the title.

Comment provided December 14, 2007 at 10:49 PM

Interesting suggestion for articles’ titles!

I didn’t find any helpful article in the Weather category.
They don’t give advices for people like me, who cannot bear the European winter.

I guess I have to go to Brazil when it’s winter in Europe. In Brazil now is summer and everyone is at the beach.

Comment provided December 15, 2007 at 9:04 AM

Wow, I just searched that myself, well, you are absolutely right. I always say; “If you cannot find the article you are looking for – Write it!”

In fact, I even mentioned this in an article recently. I bet we have folks who take the email article alerts for weather who live in those countries or travel there. I bet if you wrote some articles like that, ezine publishers would pick them up and run them.

Comment provided December 15, 2007 at 5:49 PM

anson writes:

this is absolutely a nice title.
I also would like to write an article for relationship

Comment provided December 19, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Well speaking about the weather here in the UK the weather is extremely cold. I had to go out of the house today to do some shopping and I could not feel my nose.

To answer Christina’s question, I would suggest to wear thermal undergarments. This will keep the cold out and the heat in. You can get the full set OR a one’ner as I sometimes say. I use to wear them when I used to live in Kathmandu.

Comment provided December 21, 2007 at 8:26 PM

Thank you Leonie!

I already wear thermal undergarments and everything else you can imagine.
Only my eyes are not protected from the cold weather when the winter is heavy.

I need something that was not created yet!

Comment provided December 21, 2007 at 9:02 PM

How do you keep from geting “brain-freeze” and still write articles. It is nice and warm here, I generally just write articles in the nude, completely naked.

Comment provided December 21, 2007 at 10:34 PM

I don’t write in the snow, but inside home.

My brain can bear anything! I fought against craziness and survived.

I’m also surviving besides winter.

Comment provided December 21, 2007 at 10:44 PM