Jeff’s Best Article of 2007

EzineArticles Expert Author Jeff Herring gets it:

“Here is what I know –

If I want more traffic, I write more articles.

If I want more prospects, I write more articles.

If I want to build my list, I write more articles.

If I want more subscribers, I write more articles.

If I want more customers, I write more articles.

I think you get the point. If you want to raise any of your important numbers, write more great quality articles.”

Read this: Article Marketing Secrets – The Greater Your Article Volume, The Greater All Your Other Numbers Will Be

P Pal writes:

Finally, Someone said it! Most writers tend to think that if they submit 10 articles right now they would see results within no time and their job is done forever. The fact is that article writing is an ongoing process where the more you write the better your results would be.

Maybe this is the major reason why most article writers give up too early. They tend to write the first 10 articles with full enthusiasm and when they don’t see the expected results they tend to give up and think article marketing does not work.

Comment provided December 29, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Jeff Herring not only gets it, he passes on what he gets to his students. I am one of Jeff’s mentees and I had not written anything for twenty years. With his guidance I have now written over 300 articles since March of 2007. Thanks, Jeff, I finally got it. Now I’m off to write more articles.

Comment provided December 29, 2007 at 11:09 AM

Jeff’s a master at delivering powerful succinct messages. As a communication expert, I teach small business owners how to communicate effectively for more cash flow. I tell them two things will do it: delivering speeches locally and writing articles and submitting them online. I learned from Jeff Herring the best way to write and submit articles — and my business has grown as a result. It’s exciting to see happen!

Article writing and marketing works. Plain and simple!

Comment provided December 29, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Sherrie St. Cyr writes:

Jeff’s mentoring has been the best business development information I’ve ever purchased. He goes way beyond just writing articles to actually show his mentees how to build an internet business that is profitable and sustainable. Thanks, Jeff!

Comment provided December 29, 2007 at 1:14 PM

Kathy Koch writes:

I trust Jeff. His input has been thought-provoking and practical. I’m looking forward to submitting articles throughout 2008 so I have my own proof that he’s right. I’m very glad he’s helped me understand that I must keep writing and consistently submitting articles. Otherwise I would have been tempted to submit a few every now and then.

Comment provided December 29, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Lynne lee writes:

I couldn’t have said it better. I’ve been writing articles and my website and blogs have grown to become authority sites.

The articles bring in visitors who become subscribers and are now buying my services and the courses and e-books that I’ve written as a result of writing articles.

Article writing really does work. Just keep on doing it. If you’re struggling, get some help. Find a mentor to help you do it better.

Lynne Lee
christianlifecoaching.co.uk

Comment provided December 29, 2007 at 5:45 PM

Cathy Perkins writes:

Having worked with Jeff for nearly a year I know he practices what he preaches. He doesn’t just teach it, he does it!

If you want an education in internet success through writing and submitting articles (and a lot more), you can trust Jeff to deliver it.

Comment provided December 29, 2007 at 6:30 PM

Kelly Johnson writes:

Thank you Jeff for delivering and emphasizing this message about article writing and how it affects your business!

I believe many people do not realize that it is important to consistently write and submit articles and to give the process some time in order to see and build on the results.

Readers and site visitors need time to get to know, like and trust you. Let them hear your voice and get to know your personality as you share your expertise.

Remember – keep submitting those articles!

Kelly Johnson
Cornerstone Virtual Assistance

Comment provided December 29, 2007 at 11:01 PM

Deirdre writes:

In the beginning was the word!

Jeff has got it and shares it generously! Muchos gracias Jeff.

Deirdre Morris

Comment provided December 30, 2007 at 4:45 AM

Thanks Jeff! Your articles, advice, tips and tools are first class. I love your strategies – they are simple, they are easy and I know they work because I continue to write articles and watch my list grow as well as the great exposure I continue to get. Jeff built my confidence with article writing from the perplexing (so I originally thought) to oh so simple! I really enjoy writing articles now – Thanks Jeff!

Comment provided December 30, 2007 at 5:11 AM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

Oddly enough if you want results online, Article Marketing is the ONLY way to get them, without dumping a fortune into Advertizing. And Article Marketing WORKS!

Comment provided December 30, 2007 at 6:10 AM

I was checking out my stats for my website the other day. I noticed a HUGE peak in the month of September. I kept thinking.. September, what’s the deal with September? It dawned on me, the obvious!

In the month of August, when my stats began to rise, I tried to meet the challenge of writing 30 articles and posting them on EzineArticles. I only did 20+ and did not get to my intended 30, but WOW!

I am sold now more than ever, on writing articles and posting them on EzineArticles. To be quite honest I only bother with one other.

Since September, I must admit, I have been lax and preoccupied with my New York show, and have not written very many articles. My stats prove that.. back down on the graph.

Write, write, write, write, write with great keywords and then post on EzineArticles!

HUGE SMILE!

~~*~~

Comment provided December 30, 2007 at 11:48 AM

So true.

Happy New Year!

Jill

Comment provided December 30, 2007 at 12:07 PM

~~*~~
From Jeff’s article:

“If you are serious about article marketing, life really begins at 250 articles. If this article is accepted, it will give me 1017 articles on just one article directory. I could not stop the flood of daily traffic if I wanted to…”

OK! Viva la 250! My New Years Resolution!

Join me everyone?
~~*~~

Comment provided December 30, 2007 at 1:22 PM

Kathy,

It’s possible!

In 2007, 142 EzineArticles Expert Authors submitted 250 or more articles each.

If they can do it, you can too.

Comment provided December 30, 2007 at 1:27 PM

Without a doubt I know it!

OK then… perhaps in honor of this blog,

“Jeff’s Best Article of 2007”

We can start a New Years Club?

~~*~~

“Jeff’s Best on EzineArticles 2008”

Mission Statement:

Write and post enough keyword rich articles to add up to 250 in 2008.

~~*~~

(Jeff, feel free to revise the Mission Statement… smile.)

Soo I have 158 active articles with 100,872 views.. I have 92 left to write this year to meet my goal. Hey, very do-able, ‘indeed’ (as Lance would say.) That is only 7+ a month. Easy! Maybe i will even do more!

Sooo everyone..

Enlist these tips
and get quite hip!
Tis time to make your mark
Just start!

With EZ’s help
victory will be felt
as we type out measures
of our inner treasures
and take in all the gravy.

And my friends ain’t crazy!

Right Jeff?

Comment provided December 30, 2007 at 2:05 PM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

Kathy,

I’d take it one step further, I’d recommend you do 250 THIS YEAR. Instead of up to 250 this year, I’d just do a daily sprint and try to get 250 NEW articles done fast.

Jan

Comment provided December 30, 2007 at 3:18 PM

~~*~~

Too funny Jan! Soon as I clicked ‘Submit Comment’ I thought to myself…

“OH! How stinkin’ lazy of me!”

Taking all the time to look up my articles to see how far I had to go.. gads!

Yes of course the goal should be 250 NEW articles!

Sheesh a ma neesh!

OK… New Mission Statement:

Write and post 250 (or more, lets not be hesitant about writing more) keyword rich articles in 2008.

YAY!

Comment provided December 30, 2007 at 3:36 PM

Del Grady writes:

In regards to what P Pal said about new writers about the ongoing process of writing I completely agree. You can’t expect to get instant results right off the bat and I think that’s where a lot of new writers go wrong. We live in a society of instant gratification and like you said a lot of new writers simply give up. Increasing your numbers helps though. I don’t think a lot of people do the necessary research when it comes to article submissions. Has anyone heard of Artemis pro? It’s a great submission tool that saves a ton of time and reaches far and wide where publishers are concerned. Just a suggestion but I know that it is a great tool to use when starting out and beyond because you are right, P Pal, most writers do expect to see instant results and get discouraged when they don’t.

– Del Grady

Comment provided December 30, 2007 at 10:36 PM

Hmm? Well, I think I can vouch for that as well. I ought to know. – Lance

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 4:37 AM

Dear Chris and Dear Colleagues,

I’m late but I arrived before the New Year.

Jeff, you really don’t have talent for poetry. You are somehow monotone and repetitive!
But I got the point! Thank you!

Happy 2008!

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Bj Moorer writes:

Thanks Jeff for pointing out again what you have told us over and over again.

I know my business began to see real results when I got over my perfection mania and began to deliver good quality articles.

I am going to write like the wind in 2008.

Hope to see you all at the top!

Bj

Comment provided December 31, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Jeff, your post is right on — and I especially love the way you wrote it. Simple and to the point. That’s what I love most about you, your classes, and your writing. Exactly what we need to be successful — no more and no less.

I’ll be writing more articles this year — for certain. In fact, I’ll be writing one in the next few hours to kick off this wonderful New Year.

You are an inspiration to article writers everywhere.

Happy New Year Jeff!
All the best — Always

Kind Regards,
Tara Kachaturoff

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Alright, Kathy, I’m in!
250 by the end of the year. I’m only at 30 on EzineArticles now so for me that will be a HUGE undertaking because I only work part time. So I need to write and submit 220; that’s about 19 articles per month. Ok I can do that. I did that in November.

I’ll stop playing now and get off to writing. Now… where did I put Jeff’s templates…. ?

Felicia

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 8:53 PM

My question is totally sincere and without malice. Do you believe that the average article written by this gentleman is the quality that EzineArticles is looking for? Should we ALL gage our writing based on this author? Yes or NO? That is my question, and I think it is a fair one, plus it will help me write more articles if I am willing to accept this as the level acceptable. Remember this question I ask is 100% without motivation, other than the truth and proper dialogue.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Cathy Perkins writes:

If you had actually read any of his articles you wouldn’t need to ask the question.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Cathy,

Please, rather than giving me a hard time, because I probably read more than anyone you have ever met and probably rank right up there with the editors of this site on how many articles I read. I do believe the question is fair and I think I would like an answer to my question, regardless of jabs to my personal character, I can read fine. Please answer the question, are these articles written by this gentleman, examples to follow. Are we to follow his lead and submit articles of comperable quality, is this the acceptable level, yes or no? Simple question. Additionally, I understand that this gentleman is a psychologist, so, the question should be answered without emotion, rather we should analyze it, without a single emotional thought. I ask, Yes or No?

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 9:25 PM

Happy New Year, Lance!

I agree with you concerning the mentioned article. If you noticed my comment, I started saying that Jeff has no talent for poetry, since the shape he gave to his article reminds poetry! And the content could be resumed in only one sentence.

However, this is an abstract form of article-promotion that looks like surrealistic paintings: you have to use your imagination to understand the author’s deeper intention.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 9:31 PM

Cathy Perkins writes:

Are you using ‘comperable [sic] quality’ in a disparaging way? Sounds like it.

Perhaps you should define your criteria for quality.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Objectively Cathy, this article is really more than poor!

However, there is a humoristic emphasis in the importance of article writing that gives it certain value.

There is a humoristic tone in Lance’s question too, as well as in my comments.
They fit with Jeff’s article.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 9:53 PM

Charles writes:

I agree with Jeff’s logic that writing more articles increases all of your measureables. It would appear that the quality of Jeff’s articles meets the standards of EzineArticles or else they would not accept them. Would I use the quality of Jeff’s articles to set my standard for quality? Yes, especially at this stage of my development. We each have to set our own quality standards depending on our audience, the article’s purpose and our innate quality standard. Count me as a yes

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Cathy Perkins writes:

“Objectively Cathy, this article is really more than poor!”

Yes – that is quite humorous.

I must also wonder what you think of Chris Knight? After all – he chose to highlight this article.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Lance,
I will answer your question. I have read ALL of Jeff’s articles, as well as hundreds of others from EzineArticles. Yes, the average article that Jeff writes is the quality that is acceptable here. Each of his articles addresses a question that came from one of his students, and he answers the question within the confines of that particular article. Should we ALL gage our writing based on Jeff? Of course not! We are all unique writers with different backgrounds and experience; we all reflect that uniqueness in our writing.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Cathy Perkins writes:

Lance – what made you change your mind? I’ve been doing some research and found these quotes in some of your articles.

‘Jeff Herring, is such an example of what can be done in article marketing, with a little ingenuity, hard work and dedication to the cause. Jeff is definitely
someone to look up too!’

‘What can people learn from superstars like Jeff Herring? Well that anything is possible if you stick with it.’

‘Of course Jeff takes it one step further and uses special templates to write his articles and even offers them to others who wish to learn his secrets as well. Perhaps this is why it makes sense align oneself with super performing article marketers with eBooks that tell us article authors all the secrets?’

‘There are sure some notable names in article marketing. One of the greatest article marketers on the Internet is Jeff Herring, who also has written over 2 articles every day for a whole year or at least this is Jeff’s average.’

‘Hopefully we all can follow Jeff’s lead and become more like him and learn from his brilliant marketing techniques, ideas and concepts in the real world.’

‘One article writer, Mr. Jeff Herring, The Article Guy, is an incredible example of a great article marketer. ‘

One of these is from as recently as Oct. 2007. Looks to me like you answered your own question before you asked it!

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Kathy Koch writes:

Connie,
Great response to Lance. Well stated! I agree and couldn’t have said it better.

Comment provided January 1, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Jeanette writes:

Geeezzz, I go out of town for two days and miss all the fireworks on EzineArticles.

Lance, I think both you and Jeff need to take my Write it Right Now class and then you both will be the best. If you’re Article King and Jeff’s The Article Guy, what’s left for Chris?

The articles on EzineArticles are marketing articles. Some get published in newspapers and some get stolen for adsense junk sites. I’ve been paid for my articles as they appear here. They’ve been published in print magazines and in an encyclopedia. I got paid $100 each for the magazine articles and a little more for the encyclopedia. But, I’ve sold thousands of books as a result of my articles.

So, my answer would be that the quality of articles on EzineArticles improves every year. Jeff’s articles serve their purpose as do yours.

Joy to all my article friends in 2008. You’re all invited to join me in an article race. If you’re interested, email me.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 12:01 AM

Cathy,

Who said I changed my mind about anything. I am not a “Flip-Flopper” and please stop trying to “Swiftboat” my personal character. I asked if, this gentleman’s quality should be used as an “example” that we might all use to guide the writing of our own articles. The answer needed is a “Yes or No” without all the additional innuendos. In fact, I hestitated to ask the question in the first place. I suppose the it is just so un-PC to ask? It is not as if however, I asked why the emporer has no clothes, if you will notice the question I asked, had nothing to do with Jeff’s articles being naked, I did not ask about subject, content or level of advice. I asked about the quality. So, answer yes or no. If yes, we all know exactly what level of quality is acceptable and can adjust to it. Cathy, I thank you in advance for your YES or No answer and appreciate your mean-spirited comments to my personal character, as my grandfather use to say: “you learn a lot from your critics and detractors or enemies.”

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 12:21 AM

My answer is that humor is necessary in life.

I think that Chris, Jeff and Lance have a great sense of humor!
I think that Jeff writes great articles, but this in particular was very poor on purpose, because it gives a message in a humoristic style.

I think that this is obvious!
And that Lance’s comment was as comic as mine.
I’m sure that Jeff is laughing with what Lance wrote about his article, because it is an ironic true.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Correction: An ironic TRUTH.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 12:34 AM

Helen Palmer writes:

Crikey! What a way to start the year. Can’t we all accept that we are individuals, that sometimes we need to keep things simple to make a point.

Don’t forget the Law of Attraction all those who need to snipe and belittle.

Happy 2008 article writing to all EzineArticles authors! May you ALL write better and more articles than before.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 3:47 AM

Helen, can you tell me what the law of attraction says about belittling and sniping? I must confess, I have avoided that entire line of reasoning, and the Law of Attraction thing, indeed, I believe that all this “Professional Coaching” stuff is just another form of sales gimmick to help those who cannot perform to feel all warm and fuzzy about themselves while helping those doing the coaching to their pocket book.

The reason that I base my conclusions on this is the underwhelming resumes of those who claim to be professional coaches. The Law of Attraction is interesting in itself, because controversy builds interest faster than anything I have ever seen, especially in blogs, forums, articles and other venues on the web? It attracts a ton of people to have their say, I mean didn’t it just attract you too?

Anyway, can you enlighten me, and can yoy explain this to me about the law of attraction? I would just love it and appreciate it so much. Thanks, Lance

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 5:07 AM

Lynne lee writes:

I can hardly believe what this thread has become. Can’t we simply agree that different people have different styles?

It’s unrealistic to expect a short article on EzineArticles to be a literary masterpiece. Jeff’s article is ‘good enough’. It gets his point across in an accessible way. Different writers reach different people.

I coach, but I don’t send my clients away with warm fuzzy feelings. Coaching provides accountability, challenge and support. I provide both coaching and mentoring for a season. My clients benefit and get much further than they would without someone alongside. We aren’t all self motivators.

I for one, would like to see some kindness and mutual respect. Can’t we agree to let people be who they are and do things in their own style?

Lynne Lee
christianlifecoaching.co.uk

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 6:08 AM

Helen Palmer writes:

Hear, hear.

Lynne said so eloquently what I was unable to convey. Thank you Lynne.

Helen Palmer

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 6:21 AM

Cathy Perkins writes:

Lance – I did not say as a statement of fact that you changed your mind. I asked you what made you change your mind and then I proved it with your words.

I think you try to drum up controversy where there is none so you can take the spotlight. Be very careful while you are in that light – you never know what it might expose.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 6:30 AM

Cathy, I am not drumming up controversy to take the lime light, not even a little bit. I am the anti-writer writer, I got a D+ in journalism in Junior High, I do not claim to even be a writer. I truly believe that we should discuss the quality of various writers that are held in high esteem here. I believe that to be a fair question. And the gentleman who is in the spotlight here is definitely no me. Nor would I even accept accolades if they were given, because I don’t deserve them, because I am NOT a writer.

Nothing made me change my mind, as I have not changed my mind. I think I would be well served if you would answer Yes or no to the original question. It would be fair for all concerned. – Lance

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 7:20 AM

Terre Grable writes:

Wow! Apparently a lot of personal belief systems are being challenged, you can tell by the level of emotions that are up an rolling in this new year! From hindsight, it appears this discussion has branched from and uncertainty of the quality of Jeff’s articles to questioning the validity of personal coaching….quite the leap.

To get back to the original question, I have found Jeff’s articles to be of high quality. Quality being defined as effective in accomplishing the established goals and intentions. Jeff states articles drive traffic and increase profits.

His informative articles reach the desired target audience with an effective communication style. This is evidenced by the number of mentees that have sought his counsel, and have received increase in their traffic and profits.

Perhaps the question that should be raised is “What does Quality articles mean?”

Regardless, I think St. Augustine, who surpassed all of our writing capabilites, stated it best “In the essentials, unity;in the non-essentials, diversity; in all things, charity”

Happy New Year everyone!

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 8:11 AM

Crikey! …funny, I laughed Helen when I read that.

Wow, talkative bunch you are all on this… :-)

Jeff doesn’t always prioritize proper punctuation or capitalization…so if I were to make a new years resolution for Jeff… I’d nudge him to raise his standard on ALL written communication, whether it be articles, emails, IM or whatever. It’s all a reflection on his standards.

With that said, the thing I like most about Jeff is that he keeps himself in massive ACTION.

There is also always at least one nugget from Jeff’s articles that the reader can walk away with…and without struggling to figure out what the nugget is. That’s important.

Cathy,

I choose to highlight Jeff’s article because it made a talking point that I think is central to our message here: Quality is nice and required, but Quality alone without Volume is not the best recipe for success.

ALL,

This quality is subjective thing is the primary reason we failed to launch our Diamond status membership level as proposed last April. We’re still going to do it, and it means a lot of pain/upset in the process…due to violent disagreements as to what constitutes quality.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 8:27 AM

Cathy Perkins writes:

Thanks, Chris. My definition of quality is getting a take away that is written in an understandable and enjoyable to read fashion.

As a reader, of course I want to know ‘what’s in it for me’. I never fail to get that take away from Jeff’s articles.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 8:47 AM

Cathy Perkins writes:

Lance – I couldn’t let this thread close without answering your questions.

You asked two original questions and my unqualified answer to both of them is yes. I was hoping you would define your version of the word quality.

Quality does seem to be in the eye of the beholder and in my eyes, the quality of ‘this gentleman’s’ articles is right up there.

The goal of the article highlighted here was to make a point. The number of views, the 33% click through rate, and the fact the Chris Knight chose to highlight it prove that the point was well made.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 9:10 AM

Charles writes:

Happy New Year Everyone! Thank you Lance for initiating a stimulating exchange. This has been a great opportunity to get to know everyone a little better and incidentally develop some insight regarding “quality” in internet article writing.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Lance – It has been several hours since you had anything further to say on this matter. Should we take that to mean you have had your say for now? Or perhaps you are sleeping. No, you are writing, of course. I have enjoyed sparring with you on this issue.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 9:29 AM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

Lance, the answer is yes.

Chris (and all), one of the things I’ve always appreciated about EzineArticles is that when I post an article that I feel answers a question, but the ‘editors’ don’t get “it” they reject it and I get a chance to fix it. Whether it’s a casual mention of a name, plundering rave, or just a simple matter of I didn’t actually answer the question. When I’m sitting here writing an article and I feel it’s got a point, I know the answer, so I don’t always explain it well. With only me editing, I don’t realize I’ve left something out until I view the article from a different perspective. Or someone else views my article and mentions what’s missing.

Funny thing, my son submitted one last week that I felt was incomplete and when I mentioned he needed more info, he balked at adjusting it. When EzineArticles rejected it, he didn’t say a word, just fixed it (using mom’s suggestion) and asked me to resubmit it. I’ve done the same thing.

The point is, from a quality standpoint, there are different perspectives. I personally consider Lance, Jeff, Sean, Chris, and several other Article Writers as “mentors” and have recognized differences and variables in all their styles. Chris often fixes my grammatical and spelling errors (THANKS!!!) and I’ve gotten some interesting messages from others who have commented on my writing. Most good, some bad, and I have to say it’s a perspective issue.

Sometimes we have to look at the topic and see if it’s valuable enough to pursue, and if the quality is truly an issue or if it’s personal perspective and simply a concept that needs to be shared.

Jan

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 9:33 AM

In reading these posts, it seems that one thing that has not been mentioned is the audience. It is my understanding that the articles posted at EzineArticles are not intended to be academic treatises or even lengthy articles. Each of the many excellent authors at EzineArticles presents their information in a way that they believe will help their information to reach as many people as possible all over the world. Each style of article writing attracts a slightly different audience. We as authors are fortunate to have a forum such as Chris Knight provides, so that we can share freely what we have to offer the world through our articles.

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Dear Connie Ragen Green,

Yes I have been writing on the Real Estate Industry this morning actually, I might cut down this article and make it into a few 300-400 word articles and post those here.

Hmm? Well you do bring up a good point, I guess those who write, amateurs like me and writers alike have a lot to say, so, I guess I have had my say, and have been casually reading the various posts coming in to my email box. Its interesting, worthy of discussion. Jeff is a good guy, definitely good for this online article marketing venue, etc.

A good healthy debate is always good, it spurs on chemicals in the brain, and the sound and fury gives us a sense of purpose. What more could anyone want in the new year? – Lance

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Bj writes:

I am sure Jeff doesn’t really need defending.

His work speaks for itself. Not sure how or why this thread has gotten so… tacky.

Why are we focusing on the quality of this authors work? What is the real motivation here? I can only imagine Jeff reading some of this and laughing his way to another fat bank deposit.

Bj

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 2:22 PM

I think we are talking about quality because there is an inherent link between volume and quality, and indeed you would not have to go very far back on this blog to 300 posts of comments on the subject. Check it out see for yourself, that 300 posts is probably an understatement. I think Jeff’s articles should be held to the same accountability of anyone else, in fact, now that you mention it, it was not that long ago I was lambasted for quality, merely because I had the most articles. So, I do not believe that anyone should deserve a free-pass and all subjects and topis are up for dialogue here, are they not? – Lance

Comment provided January 2, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Andrew Poletto writes:

Lance, I forgot the original question you asked. But I have a question of my own for you and the rest of this board…

What or who determines what is quality within an article or not? Do the amount of words determine the quality? What about gramor and things lik that their?

For instance, I write for Mortgage Loan Officers. People who aren’t in the mortgage biz maybe bored to tears and not think the articles are quality. Others may think the opposite.

Comment provided January 7, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Andrew,

You just asked a loaded question.

Heck, just the debate about landing page quality scoring caused the temperature to rise a few degrees.

Mechanically speaking, it’s easy to demonstrate what quality is and what it isn’t.

Content speaking, it’s very subjective and difficult to denote what is quality… assuming the content isn’t blatant spam.

Comment provided January 7, 2008 at 3:53 PM

Andrew Poletto writes:

Thanks Chris, I didn’t mean it to be a loaded question, but I can see what you mean.

Comment provided January 7, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Article writing works. Just started and little by little and article after artice works. Listen to Jeff’s teleseminars and pick up jewels of information each time.

Comment provided January 9, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Yes, great advice there, but be sure not to read any of these articles on Online Article Writing:

1.) Sean R. Mize: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Sean_R_Mize&ecat=Writing-and-Speaking:Writing-Articles (443 articles and it grows daily and also see he writes under “Sean Mize with 116 articles on the subject)

2.) Lance Winslow: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Lance_Winslow&ecat=Writing-and-Speaking:Writing-Articles (295 articles, also search “L.Winslow” and “Lance W.”)

3.) Indeed, I understand Jeff Herring has over 160 articles on the subject there too:

***There is more than ample information here and some great advice, its all FREE, and any truly serious online article will spend the time to read ALL these articles and see the world from the different angles needs for any type of online article writing. – Lance..out

Comment provided January 9, 2008 at 7:23 PM

Thanks for the post
Lots of discussion

Simple really

Do you get it?
Do you use it?

Get it.
Use it.

Comment provided January 14, 2008 at 9:56 AM

Derek Dashwood writes:

Chris and all you new communicators, I have two cents left, so here they come. I think history, and some calm inner sense within us, tells us what is quality. We know it when we write it. Or, more likely unless you are a 4 star genius like Abraham Lincoln, we scratch over our first thoughts, even if now that means submit again, until we can look from the depths of our soul into our words and realize we are on the side of right, truth, or justice. Bitter, vulgar or thoughts from the news of the train wreck or uprising in the west, as Emerson, is not great. When Lincoln rode that short train trip to Gettysburg, he had time so say how badly he felt and let us try harder next: or speak to the ages of honor, dedicate and consecrate. That is great. For the rest of us, let us try to be very very good. Derek Dashwood

Comment provided January 17, 2008 at 3:47 PM

For those of you who know me as a quality writer, a year later now I take this opportunity to share my limited observations on writing articles as a way to get your product and your message out there.

-finally in 2007 EzineArticles started giving stat numbers of url links clicked. This the first realistic feedback mechanism maybe

-views of articles mean little or nothing, just like awards, because they are not a measure of reader commitment, which is url visits but especially sales of product or service

-the reality is that there has to be a very high amount of views to get a substantial amount of url clicks. You as author consider whether you can write hundreds and hundreds of articles to get any effective exposure

-the reality is that there has to be a high amount of url clicks to get one or two percent sales from visitors.

-the reality is that the only ones making good money from their writing and distribution efforts are the ones in certain subject areas, or with a very large number of views and web traffic

-Kaplan-Williams Law of Web Marketing states that the only ones making real money for their efforts on the web are those who sell service and product in how to make real money on the web. Marketers sell to would-be marketers. It has always been this way

-EzineArticles is the big money-maker here through a large flow of traffic generated by thousands of authors who do not get paid, and the hundreds of thousands of browsing people these writers attract who see Google ads

-EzineArticles makes its money, not through selling the direct value of the information its thousands of authors give the site, but through Google ads. Does that not alert you as an author that the system is flawed since authors do not see any cash for their efforts out of the EzineArticles profits? The system needs improvement

-thousands of authors give their articles free to EzineArticles, not for direct profit but because of their ‘lust to be published and read’

-Authors are always taken advantage of by publishers because of this lust. The author has to demand and insist on cash as well as publicity for others using his and her work

-I am still working on these issues for myself and other authors and hope to publish on this in the near future

-publishers have always been the author’s worst enemy, as well as sometimes their best friend

Comment provided January 17, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Hi Strephon,

Hope you are having a terrific day.

I believe I have a somewhat different opinion with 5.6 Million Article Views and so many click thrus, that I could never count them. I think numbers do matter, and the data shows that there is opportunity in numbers. Quality writing is also important, your quality is very, very good, probably the reason you have sold so many books.

Lance

Comment provided January 17, 2008 at 4:40 PM

Hi Lance,

It’s good to have contact with you again.

I can appreciate your 5.6 Million Article Views and so many click thrus that you can never count them.

I thought my points were actually an analysis comparison of writers like you with other article writers and publishers.

You as a big, big article writer represent the few here in this directory who are the evidence for the statement, write a lot of articles and you get a lot of click thrus.

Do you have an estimate of how much cash money you are directly making because of this?

Imagine if your writing efforts now go into writing novels, another form of writing, but one in which you get a cash return for your efforts if people read you.

My point is that the author should be paid directly for his and her services. It is your writing that brings people here. Those are really your Google ads and so you should get a percentage of the income, just like in regular publishing.

There is a point say with EzineArticles where its best authors get paid half the Google income and then EzineArticles makes its Google income off all the rest of its authors who do not submit enough articles to qualify.

The Money Machine could be quite simple.

-Over 100,000 views total 5 percent Google Ads Income

-Over 500,000 views total 10 percent Google Ads Income

-Over 1 million views total 15 percent Google Ads Income

-Over 5 million views total 20 percent Google Ads Income

If EzineArticles keeps touting the benefits of writing more and more articles, then share the profits to those who do so. ‘Put your money where your mouth is,’ is the principle.

Sharing the profits is still the best business policy because it acknowledges a Win-Win Situation.

I have spoken!

We must get over the Wild West, Gold-Digger Days of Internet Development and get down to stabilization based on principles of equality, balance, regard for humanity and fairness, don’t you think?

Lance, my Internet Friend, you said, “Have a good day.” I say also, “Thanks! Have a better day.”

Comment provided January 17, 2008 at 11:34 PM

Strephon,

I did not fully read your last post, just a couple of lines, not interested in your debate, I am still upset with the last time you gave me a hard time, indeed I did not read this last comment of yours either, just the first couple of lines. Either way, I am certain we disagree on most everything, and my new years resolution is not to do any more psycho-babble. Lance…out

Comment provided January 18, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Lance,

Thank you for telling me of your decision and your honest thoughts.

I shall do my best to respect your decision.

Strephon

Comment provided January 18, 2008 at 12:41 AM

OK… I get that this subject has been dropped.

But… I am wondering about it. I get the whole sharing the wealth thing.. and I can totally understand why EzineArticles would not want to… why should they at this point? EzineArticles thought of the idea, built the business and keep it healthy.

On the flip side, if one writes a book and gets it published, wouldn’t they still need to bring traffic to their website to plug the book, if they were not famous yet and hoped for a future in writing? Wouldn’t writing articles make sense in getting people to find you as a writer besides what the publisher might do for you?

My art is represented by an agent but I still do all I can, which includes writing articles, to get my name out there.

Just curious.

Comment provided January 18, 2008 at 2:00 PM

Duncan Brodie writes:

I have been posting articles on EzineArticles for just under a year but not managed to get to 250 articles.

Nevertheless I have been amazed by the number of views and the impact on sign up to my newsletter. The strange thing is that article marketing is rarely mentioned by speakers at networking events I have been to in the UK (even by those advising on how to get more traffic.)

Comment provided March 12, 2008 at 5:02 AM