I’m fed up with my rationalizing the loss of agility that we have here at EzineArticles, as the size of our team grows… and along come EzineArticles expert author Jim Estill‘s review of Seduced by Success: How the Best Companies Survive the 9 Traps of Winning by Robert J. Herbold.
- Sticking with yesterday’s business model
- Allowing your products [or services] to become outdated
- Clinging to your once-successful branding after it becomes stale and dull
- Ignoring your business processes as they become cumbersome and complicated
- Rationalizing your loss of speed and agility
- Condoning poor performance and letting your star employees languish
- Getting lulled into a culture of comfort, casualness, and confidence
- Not confronting turf wars, infighting, and obstructionists
- Unwittingly providing schizophrenic communications
Are you guilty of any of the above business traps?