Progress Update on New Editor Office

Here’s Editor #25 using her creative skills to paint a black, white and red accent along the top thanks to advice from Member Support Specialist #13 (who has experience in interior design).

A first look at the workstation desks below. We’re still re-arranging the room based on feedback from the team that will soon be using it. I think we were a little too aggressive on how many editors could work in this space, so we’ve eased up on that to give a little more breathing room. It’s important that a workspace is a fun place to be at.

Next up after paint & network connections are completed,…some whiteboards and then the migration.

heather picken writes:

Nice about some plants to create an even better work environment for your editors :)

Comment provided November 6, 2007 at 3:14 PM

Congratzzzz to the whole team! This space is shaping up beautifully!

Comment provided November 6, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Joe Shaw writes:

I’m excited for everyone at EzineArticles.

Wishing you all the best,
Joe Shaw

Comment provided November 6, 2007 at 5:23 PM

Vern writes:

I like the lighting.

Maybe a good suggestion would
be to put up a fragrance dispenser
like lavender or something.

Gives calming effect for editors ;)

Comment provided November 7, 2007 at 12:27 AM

I like this office set up, because there is still enough room to fly “air mail” or paper airplanes over the cubicals! I cannot wait to start working there and practice some of my new aviation designs? What does it take to get a job at EzineArticles and get some of that great food you have for the employees?

Comment provided November 7, 2007 at 3:26 AM

I like very much the environment!
Congratulations, Chris!

I could not work at EzineArticles because I’m vegetarian and they would have to cook special food for me.
But I would never throw paper planes in this place!

(Lance, you are not being a good example!)

Comment provided November 7, 2007 at 9:40 AM

Harrison McLeod writes:

Excellent job on the new offices! After having read about the World’s Saddest Cubicle Contest , it’s heartening to see employees provided with ample office space. Congrats and enjoy!

– Harry

Comment provided November 7, 2007 at 9:42 AM

How to work at EzineArticles as an editor?

Live in Green Bay Wisconsin… have a 2-4 year degree.

Being an Editor is an entry level position and we’re introducing 3 more levels after entry level to help our editors progress into Sr. Editors, Quality Control people or Member Support Specialists.

Comment provided November 7, 2007 at 10:00 AM

We already have Divine Cherry Pie scent in our restroom. It’s divine…but a little strong. Scents are best when there is only a hint of the scent.

Comment provided November 7, 2007 at 10:02 AM

Once the new editor room is populated, we’ll be sure to throw some paper airplanes around in your honor.

Comment provided November 7, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Joe Shaw writes:

I have some articles you could “REPURPOSE” for your arial endeavors.

Comment provided November 7, 2007 at 10:12 AM

Joe Shaw writes:

Can we add spellchecker to blog posts?

I think I have a spelling virus on my computer.

Comment provided November 7, 2007 at 10:13 AM

Use FireFox and that has SpellCheck built into it.

It’s one of the best features of the FireFox browser…

Comment provided November 7, 2007 at 10:14 AM

Wish paper planes would work! I’d like very much to travel in one of them and see by myself what you are doing at EzineArticles.

Lance and Chris, your comments gave me a brilliant idea! Think about that:

‚¬“Real planes are not as comfortable as fragile one-flight paper planes.
They are disposable: you fly with them only once and then you throw them in the trash. No problem: it’s only paper!
If you want to go back, you can use another one.

Take a new paper plane and go visit Copacabana beach in Brazil!
Take another one and go to Europe‚¬.

Comment provided November 7, 2007 at 12:46 PM

Yes, Paper Airplanes are FUN! And you can try out some really cool designs. There are a lot to choose from;

My thoughts are that the best Editor’s airplane that flies the best, gets to edit my articles!

Comment provided November 7, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Thank you for your valuable lesson, Lance!
My paper planes where always simple, without any artistic design.

(Yesterday’s joke was surrealistic. A joke for geniuses.)

Paper planes fly well in classrooms and closed places with similar characteristics.

I believe the super environment that Chris is preparing doesn’t look like a classroom.

Comment provided November 8, 2007 at 11:00 AM

Vibes63 writes:

Congrads for your success. I greatly appreciate you allowing me to post me content to help others, while helping my site traffic.

Comment provided November 12, 2007 at 10:19 PM