No One Evaluates Life Like You Do

Summary: You are unique. There is no one else on Earth who evaluates their life, business, or their expertise like you do.

There will be times in your article writing life that you’ll look at the raw volume of competing articles in your area of expertise and ask yourself, “Why should I bother writing more articles because everything that could be covered, has been covered?”

Nothing could be further from the truth!

The human experience is a very complex one with internal (genetic) forces and external (environmental) forces that shape our perspectives, opinions, values, beliefs and convictions.

You are unduplicatable.

Think for a moment of everyone you know: I bet you can’t think of someone who has had an identical combination of your abilities, talents, friends, style, business opportunities, and problems?

To do today: Celebrate your uniqueness and know that NO ONE evaluates your area of expertise like you do…and thus, your articles will always offer a fresh, never-heard-before perspective.

Share your uniqueness. Write more quality original articles without any fear of treading on someone else’s perspective. No one evaluates life like you do! :)

Very nice, Chris! I agree with you.

Everyone has a style, everyone has a few talents, some knowledge and a personal collection of experiences that brought them certain wisdom, so everyone can be unique and help humanity solve a few of its infinite problems.

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 10:21 AM

Aaron Abber writes:

Chris,

First, thanks for EzineArticles.com–it’s great, well run and incredibly useful.

My comment:

It seems like in order to make it in Web 2.0 you need to show your uniqueness–your humanity, your humor and/or your unique perspective. I figure the more I provide good information filtered through my unique perspective the more successful I will be.

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 10:32 AM

Pamela Beers writes:

We are all special. Keep those articles coming; I love reading them.

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 10:33 AM

Right on, Chris! (pun intended )

I’m a firm believer that somewhere out there are enough people who want to hear what you say and how you say it, that will attract enough interest to sustain and grow your business (as big or little as you want). The beauty of the Internet is being able to reach all of them so cheaply!

Thanks, Chris, for the huge role EzineArticles has in that equation. :)

Peace,
Terri Z

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 10:46 AM

Audrey writes:

I can not even count the number of times that I’ve read something and the combination of those exact words led me to say “oh my gosh it all makes sense now”. Perhaps I’ve read variations a dozen times but it wasn’t until this exact time that it all fell into place.

Your words can do that for another person. Your words might just be the combination that helps it all fall right into place.

Oh..happy birthday Chris. Wanna share your cake with all of us?

Audrey :)

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 10:51 AM

Jeanette Fisher writes:

Beautifully said, Chris.

True writers can not stop the flow. They must share their knowledge. It’s like abundance, you give and your gift overflows.

Joy,
Jeanette

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Thanks Audrey,

Perhaps I can share some virtual cake left over from last years party:

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Carolyn writes:

Hi there,

This post certainly spoke to me, as a copywriter!

I’ve often felt the same way, with my blogs and articles … what more could I say that hasn’t already been said!

But, as you’ve reminded me, each of us has a completely unique perspective and totally different experiences in our given field of endeavor.

Viewed through our own unique/special lens, we ALL have something valuable to say about most anything, don’t we?

Thanks again,

Carolyn,
kickasscopywriter.com

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Lori Saitz writes:

Thanks for the reminder. We may have heard this before, but you’re right, we start thinking that everything worth saying has been said before.

Look at some of the world’s most successful speakers. They’re not getting rich talking about radically new concepts. They’re sharing and interpreting their view of age-old universal concepts.

We can all apply the same principles in our own businesses.

Zenfully yours,

Lori

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 11:28 AM

Jean Tracy, MSS writes:

I appreciate your uniqueness too.

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Ohhh, I can’t keep my mouth shut any longer. Today is Chris’s birthday. Everyone rejoice for the day that Mrs. Knight brought him and his incredible marketing brain into the world!

We love you, Article Man.

:D

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 11:46 AM

Khalid writes:

Well, I feel it this way. I sometimes say to myself, I should stop thinking, live my life joking, laughing, and just forget anything yesterday, anything today and anything tomorrow. You hit the odds out of my head, thanks Chris.

By the way, I failed to login using the same login email to recover the password. The page says, that email doesn’t exist although I am still receiving the newsletter through it.

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Oh wait – Audrey already said it. Sorry!!

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Audrey writes:

Dina,

All I did was ask for cake….you however thanked the right person for bringing Chris to us.

Audrey :)

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Khalid,

The email list server is separate from our member database… and a month ago we just started the two separate versions of our newsletter to segment our members from our prospective new members.

We’ll add one more step into the process this month to get them closer in sync before each new mailing.

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 11:50 AM

Happy Birthday Chris!

Only now I noticed your cake.

All the best!

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 11:58 AM

Pamela Beers writes:

Happy Birthday, Chris! Thanks for being you!

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 12:09 PM

Chinmay Chakravarty writes:

What about great minds having identical thoughts and ideas and creations?

And A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Chris. This is a very auspicious day. Diwali day in India–the festival of lights. Diwali is perhaps the biggest festival covering all of India. Celebrations are still roaring on.

I wish Chris and all writers of Ezine A HAPPY DIWALI.

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Aloha from Hawaii, Chris,
I am in 100% agreement with you. As human beings, we all respond to the written word with different receptors. What is meaningful to one, can strike another as dry and mundane. The same essential information, presented with our own insight, will reach a very different audience than another version containing the same value, in a different frame of presentation.
Linda Carol Berry
BraveHeartWomenads.com/linda

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 12:46 PM

Zac writes:

Christopher,
Once again you hit one out of the park!
Great advice and motivation for all of us.

Thanks,
Zac

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 1:03 PM

Hi Chris!

Happy B’Day, my man! I hope you have such a great day, cuz you sure have earned it with what you provide for us here on EzineArticles.

Now on to today’s post:

Just about every day I hear one of my students, members, or mentees say “But there are so many people in my niche!”

My answer is always the same:

“There are more people out there waiting to hear your message, who can only hear it in your unique voice, than you can ever get to in your lifetime.”

In honor of your birthday Chris, I’d like to offer you and every one on the blog a free mini-poster with that quote by going to http://www.TheArticleGuy.com/quote.pdf

Catch you soon!

Jeff

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 1:06 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Happy birthday Chris! I see that you’re a Scorpio. Very interesting. Especially since this description of Scorpio in business seems to fit:

Scorpio and Business:

Scorpios make excellent doctors, surgeons, scientists and leaders, they are perfectly suited to any form of business that makes a difference in the world, greatly impacts people and society and a most importantly, Scorpio has to be in a power position, this is why these careers are suited to the Scorpio, they all demand one person in supreme control giving orders and leading a unit of people/practices.

In business, Scorpios tend to easily gather wealth, they make very wise business decisions and they are very conservative about spending their money.

Scorpios are known for making money and hiding it, they will not announce it due to to fear that others will take the same route and becoming a possible competitor, or worse try to use the Scorpio to their advantage to use them for their money.

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 3:39 PM

Jeff Dobkin writes:

What a nice piece, Chris. Very refreshing.
Oh, wait – everyone else said that.

What a terrible piece, Chris. (just kidding, of course… or was I?) Please say Hi to your cat for me.

Jeff Dobkin

PS – Was that cake half eaten or half full.

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 3:50 PM

Nancy Chadwick writes:

Chris,

Have a great celebration! Edward beat me to it on pointing out your Scorpio-ness. But I can add…we still don’t know the sign of your Moon or your rising sign. Hmmm. Want to share that, Chris?

Nancy

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 4:00 PM

Joanna Garzilli writes:

Dear Christopher,

I could not agree more. Indeed, it is important to celebrate our uniqueness. No one sees the world exactly the same because of our thought forms, height, environment, location in each moment and whether are eyes are open or closed. Whether we are listening, or truly listening. We’re affected by our emotions, they’re continually changing. That has an impact on how we experience life and the stories we share.

Today my emotions are challenged. I’m staying calm in the eye of my storm because I know that it shall come to pass.

Thanks for your optimistic outlook and the work you are doing.

Sending my best,
Joanna Garzilli

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 4:17 PM

Adrian Lee writes:

This is so encouraging. I will write on!

Comment provided November 9, 2007 at 11:55 PM

Vern writes:

Hi Guys,

I totally agree with Chris in
that we all have a unique
side in each and everyone
of us.

That is what makes the world
a nice place to live in.

Everyone with different opinions
helps improve things.

Happy writing and hope to
see more and more unique
content.

“Yes, I know its a pain
sometimes to do hours
of research, but its all
well worth it when your
article gets picked up
by respectable publishers”

Cheers,
Vern

Comment provided November 10, 2007 at 12:44 AM

Keith Lovejoy writes:

So true.

Having signed up I have not yet submitted an article though I have written a few.

I keep telling myself that there is a little more research needed to confirm as fact some of the points made.

Then I look again and think maybe that is just a rant and no one else will find any value in it.

Truth is, and I think I’ve just confirmed it with what I have written, it’s a lack of self confidence thats holding me back.

Your words however have hardened my resolve to get started, so watch this space.

Comment provided November 10, 2007 at 4:15 AM

April Lorier writes:

Several thousands of years ago Solomon said, “nothing new under the sun”. However, the PRESENTATION can be new! I’m also a musician and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been irked at some lazy Hollywood scorer who just rips off pieces of several other scores and loops them together. Then he (or she) puts their John Hancock on the score and gets paid big bucks for it! Eeek! Makes me want to watch all movies/programs with MUTE and closed captioning on! :P

Comment provided November 10, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Suzanne Holman writes:

Isn’t it amazing that when we finally celebrate our uniqueness and feel comfortable showing that to the world….is when our business thrives.
The world is waiting for YOU personified!
And, Chris, thank you for the very professional business that you have….I count you in my blessings!
Suzanne

Comment provided November 10, 2007 at 4:33 PM

Chris’ cake is half full, it appears and it also seems he is having his cake and eating it too? Observationally speaking of course.

Comment provided November 10, 2007 at 11:57 PM

I guess you are wrong, Lance. It seems that this is only a piece of the whole cake.
I don’t know if the d©cor was part of the entire cake or this was a piece in the middle, but from the paper plates under the piece of cake I conclude that this is not a picture of the entire cake.

Besides, its shape is not so well designed. If this was the whole cake, it would have the shape of the roasting dish.

Comment provided November 11, 2007 at 1:05 AM

AH HA Christina, excellent catch, but to put some frosting on this great conversation, I must say that no one evaluates life like you do! Touche!

But I appreciate the leftovers, especially since some New York eatery is now has a dessert that costs $25,000 ouch!

I hope Chris and his team faxes me some of that year-old cake, because although FREE is a four letter word it is my favorite price and it sure beats $25K.

Comment provided November 11, 2007 at 1:28 AM

Such expensive desert may leave a bitter taste in your mouth when you’ll pay the bill!

The paper plates in last year’s cake gave me an idea, if I may tell you another joke for geniuses: you can fly paper plates, the same way you fly paper planes. You can pretend the paper plates are flying discs! (Only geniuses laugh with these jokes!)

However, one of the reasons why I participate of this blog is because I like the discussions here and because they are funny sometimes. This is light, while I usually am solving serious problems, helping desperate people, in heavy discussions and thoughts. It’s good to change mood and talk about something pleasant here!

I know that nobody evaluates life like I do, with the knowledge I have. This is why I’m like Sherlock Holmes and I could discover the mystery behind last year’s birthday cake.

Dream analysis helps everyone start paying attention to all details of reality. This is how I started learning how to discover the truth by observing several irrelevant details everywhere.
Detectives do exactly the same when they try to discover the hidden truth.

Comment provided November 11, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Very good summation of why folks should participate on Blogs. You mentioned the light topics, and if we relate that to the Birthday Cake, we see dark rich chocolate, which is perhaps the reason I want some, so I doubt if the cake is light.

In the future MIT kitchen plates will be made of flexible carbon nano tube construction with a graphene coating and they will be very thin and very sturdy. The plate could be a cup, a paper airplane and/or a shape shifting serving tray for a cake. It means it can stack easier on the kitchen shelv or the kids can make their very own UFO to fly through the yard.

These might be made of high-tech polymers, or material memory plastics, perhaps they will look and fill like paper. They will clean easier, take up less space and sanitize themselves after washing and dry themselves off too. GE is working on this technology, and there was even a Discovery Channel episode on these future kitchens and plates. It makes lot of sense for EzineArticles’s employee’s cafeteria.

Comment provided November 11, 2007 at 3:56 PM

This is great, Lance! There are really many possibilities!

How do you find time to look for all the information you keep giving here?
I’m learning a lot with you!

Now, about the cake, our main sub-subject, under ‚¬“No one can evaluate life like you do‚¬, I have to say that I simply love chocolate!

Comparing this subject to diseases and problems, I still think that this is a very light subject.
Its consequences may be heavy, if the observer will pass from the stage of mere observation to the stage where he or she will take action and start devouring the observed object.

I’m curious! Where is this year’s birthday cake?

Comment provided November 11, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Regarding the time to search for stuff, well what I do is constantly keep an eye out, read and look thru lots of sources, for instance:

But, when you mentioned the subject, I remember a few articles I already wrote about it and the references so I simply typed into the search engine; “MIT future kitchen shape shifting plates”

And I found the link and posted it, Piece of Cake!

Now then their is new technology using Titanium Dioxide that allows for self-cleaning windows, counter tops and kitchens, like silver it prevents the spead of germs, bacteria, viruses and diseases. If you look up the University of Pittsburgh you will find more about this, also PPG company, there were huges article on it in American Window Cleaner, Coating World and American Restaurant News. Anyway, I think I have articles on all this stuff already, for instance:

Regarding this year’s cake? It was so good, everyone ate it so fast no one took a digital picture of it in time, well that is the simplest explanation, Elementary my Dear Occams.

Comment provided November 11, 2007 at 6:47 PM

I see! I’m so busy now and it’s so late here where I am that I cannot read anything.
Tomorrow perhaps, after doing 1000 things, I will be back to this thread.

Never mind about the cake. For me here in Greece it would be only a picture!

Have a nice week!

Comment provided November 11, 2007 at 7:43 PM

Felix writes:

Hello Chris;

You could not be more correct. Everybody has his or her own uniqueness which makes each person special. We are all experts in our own unique ways. Hopefully, we are all making individual contribution to improve the world. Good luck Chris and God bless you.

Felix

Comment provided November 11, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Chris, I missed the email notification for this post but am sure glad I followed the vibe to check your blog this morning. I’m about to re-edit my main site’s home page in a major revamping exercise and your inspirational, ‘from-the-heart’ post is entirely relevant.

THANK YOU.

Angela.

Comment provided November 12, 2007 at 7:22 AM

Biz writes:

My first article was first accepted by EzineArticle. However, upon my second submision of my 2nd article, my account was not accepted on the ground that my author name “Biz Zy” is descriptive after several appeal. I’m not sue if they have been genuine.

Comment provided November 12, 2007 at 10:38 AM

Biz,

It’s true that we don’t allow descriptive names for the author name because we feel it means you’re not being genuine.

If your legal name is “Biz Zy”, then please prove it and we may reconsider…

Also, please use the forums or private emails with us for issues like this — as your blog comment today is off topic.

Comment provided November 12, 2007 at 1:41 PM

Our previous comments were out of topic too!

Biz Zy is really a very interesting name! It seems that you were trying to say that you are ‚¬“Busy‚¬.
Forgive my intromission, but I believe that even if this is your real name, Biz, you better have a different pen name to avoid being misunderstood, unless it helps you in your business.

Comment provided November 12, 2007 at 2:21 PM

Klaus Henrich writes:

Hi Chris,

Sorry for our let response. But we are so busy. We have not so mutch time. But your Cake look fantastic. Happy birthday and we wish all the best.

Comment provided November 12, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Chris, what happened with this year’s birthday cake?
Lance said you ate it all without taking any picture for us!

Comment provided November 12, 2007 at 4:40 PM

I can’t tell you how many times my mentor told me something that initially went completely over my head and it wasn’t until I heard the same thing in someone else’s voice that it registered.

Advertisers say we need to see a message at least 7 times before we will take action on it, perhaps it is the same in any genre. Perhaps it’s even more than that!

Let’s get back to work!

Live Your Dreams,

Jill

Comment provided November 13, 2007 at 5:40 PM

Lance, only now I finally had the chance to read what you posted about self-cleaning counters and the previous site.

It would be really good if this system of self-cleaning would work and could be used everywhere!

Comment provided November 16, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Christina, They are using off-shoots of this methodology for self-cleaning windows, counter tops, medical devices, clean rooms, and someone even figures out a way to use it to clean teeth. It could be used for shopping carts, park benches, pay phones, bathrooms, pens at the bank, community TV remote controls, insides of buses, car coatings, etc. Along with a scheme to use frequency in the ultra-sonic range to release the ionic bonding of dirt, particles, debris and organic waste.

Sometimes evalutating “Life” requires looking at the very small things too, so that the details do not throw a wrench in your complex systems. Evaluation of such should be an on-going process, to work towards that unattainable perfection that is sought.

Sometimes

Comment provided November 16, 2007 at 1:21 PM

I love the inventions and discoveries that make things much easier!

Comment provided November 16, 2007 at 2:24 PM

Susan Hinds writes:

The main reason that we give up on our dreams and we talk ourselves out of our dreams and we feel that our opinions are not important is that we learned from a very young age that we will not get what we want and that we had to keep our opinions to ourselves. It is not our parents fault but we shut down without even knowing why because we keep running our habits through an unconscious belief that we will not get what we want or our opinions don’t count. It takes a real effort on our behalf to move through this but it is well worth it.

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 5:22 PM

BAtmond writes:

Beautifully said, Chris.

True writers can not stop the flow

Comment provided November 29, 2007 at 8:32 AM