Free Teleclass On Profiting From Content

Interested in discovering how you can move from being a “writer” to becoming a true profitable “content producer“?

You’re invited to join me this Tuesday night November 27th from 7-8pm CST for the last FREE teleclass that I’ll be offering in 2007.

I’ll be interviewing someone who is earning a 6 figure income from content and has literally written the Cash Content Formula.

We’ll be covering rich topics together such as:

• How is content defined anyway? How should I think about content?
  • What are some of the best ways to make money from content?
  • Insider short-cuts to profits through quality content?
  • Advice for article authors who want to make more money from their content.
  • The (3) biggest mistakes that content producers make and how to avoid them.
  • How to start profiting from content…where to start or advance first?

This teleclass is limited to the first 250 people to call in and with 70,000+ expert authors on my private list, I expect the teleclass will be full.

DATE: Tuesday November 27th 2007
TIME: 7-8pm CST USA Time

Dial-In Conference Number: +1 (218) 486-1300
Conference Bridge Number: 182222

Cathy Stucker, Author of Cash Content Formula, an easy to understand course that reveals the easy formula for turning content into multiple streams of income for you.

Why am I doing a FREE Teleclass on how to Profit from Content when I could easily sell seats to such an event?

1. Because I contributed Disc #7 to Cathy’s Cash Content Formula.
  2. Because I hugely respect the fellow experts who are also part of Cathy’s course.
  3. Because EzineArticles becomes stronger when our members win in terms of finding new ways to profit from their content.
  4. Because I know Cathy Stucker personally and know that she’s not in the ‘get rich quick’ market… meaning, she’s in it for the long haul.
  5. Because I’ve personally reviewed her Cash Content Formula course and know it’s going to help a lot of people to avoid pain by shortening the learning curve when trying to increase your profits from content.
  6. Because I like to have fun and helping our expert authors or soon-to-become expert authors is fun.

Trying Something New With This Free Teleclass:

In prior events, I required those who wanted to attend to give up their email address and name before I’d reveal the secret teleclass call in data. After reading about the concept of “moving the free line” down (thanks Eben), I thought it’d be fun to remove the barrier to entry so that attending this event (last of its kind from me in 2007) would be as easy as printing out this page and making the call.

NOTE: This is not a relentless product pitch event. Yes, I am doing this free teleclass to introduce Cathy’s new Cash Content Formula product, but we will keep the new product mention to less than 15% of the teleclass so that you’re guaranteed 51 jam-packed minutes of great information you can use immediately! In fact, we’re going to skip the intro’s of our VIP guests calling in so that we can jump into the core concepts prepared for the teleclass.

Please answer this question: (some questions may be used Tuesday night during the teleclass with Cathy)

QUESTION: Will this Free Teleclass be Recorded and will a replay of it be available?

ANSWER: YES, this teleclass will be recorded, but I’m undecided if or how long a replay will be made available due to the time-sensitive offer being made at the end of the class for those joining us.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Arthur Levine writes:

Sounds like a wonderful idea. My problem is trying to decide what people are interested in that I can profit from.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Hugo writes:

My biggest problem: doing the actual writing fast enough — increasing productivity while maintaining high standards in content and form

(Question: why are you not making it possible to contribute questions anonymously an without additional hurdles (uinput of codes such as 7fbd)

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 3:20 PM

Ramon Greenwood writes:

My biggest problem: building my list of subscribers to my free ezine.

Great service. I hope I make the list.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 3:23 PM

John Tebar writes:

How do I turn my content into financial reward?

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 3:39 PM

Donna Loader writes:

I write a newsletter, but don’t know how to profit from my many years of experience that is stuck in my head.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 3:41 PM

Brenda Long writes:

Great idea for a TeleClass!

Once we “writers” get past the blocks and get to writing compelling copy – the BIG question is…(regardless of what we are promoting)

In an article – WHAT gets people to TAKE ACTION and go to our sites noted in the resource box?

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 3:42 PM

My biggest problem is creating articles that are research based and filled with useful content, not just content that people will find of interest, but useful. In my mind there is a difference.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 3:47 PM

My Challenges: Getting recognition from other credible individuals that would in turn give others a “perceived” value prior to “clicking” along with building a “good” list in a reasonable amount of time!

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 3:50 PM

Billy Arcement writes:

Finding out if there is a time-saving method to identify markets that pay for content in my field which is leadership / management and self-improvement topics.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 3:51 PM

Linwood writes:

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 3:57 PM

Hi Chris!

This is very interesting! I’m waiting for the tape because I cannot follow the Teleseminars being in Greece. We here are around 9 hours in front of you, I never know how to calculate the time and I don’t like to stay in the phone too long.

I’m curious about what Cathy will suggest, though!

I saw many sites that pay for content, but it has to be exclusive, only for their site.
I prefer to write articles for and see Google Alert everyday showing me how many of my articles other people picked up in order to use them in their sites.

Now, my answer to the question: What is your single biggest challenge to overcome when trying to profit or improve your ability to profit from your content?
I don’t know!
I have so many things to write about!
Perhaps the necessity to repeat several basic aspects many times could be considered a problem.

Thank you for showing us how we can start profiting from content! This is very nice from you!

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 4:15 PM

Sondra Whitt writes:

My biggest challenge? Marketing and selling.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 4:17 PM

Clyde Cathcart writes:

This might be a silly question for this forum, but I’d like to know how to find out who needs an article for a specific topic.

Then I’d like to know what ‘good’ (read will provide income) means.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 4:25 PM

mark writes:

I write articles that might list 3 ways to do Xyz. Step 2 might be hard to do so I mention that I’ve created software that does it for them.

Then I continue to step 3.

My question is:

Is it ok to make a reference to my product in the middle of the article (embedded text link) when i submit my article to article directories?

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 4:30 PM

Andy Schwaiger writes:

My biggest problem: I can provide a lot of information about my topic / field of expertise (adventure travel in BC, Canada) but I don’t think it’s something anybody would want to pay me for…so I’d need to think of a product first that I could turn into money/profit and that’s my challenge.

Cheers, Andy

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 4:33 PM

I would like to raise a point that is important to the writer of an article and also the reader.

Recently it was no longer allowed to use affiliate links in articles, I have no problem with that and in fact can see the reasons.

My website is an information site with a lot of categories making it simpler for the reader to navigate.

When I submit an article I can only use my main site page ie http:// cothivalebooks . com. [EDITORS NOTE: UNLINKED ON PURPOSE PER BLOG COMMENT POLICY]
But the information that I am trying to lead the reader towards would be perhaps http:// www. cothivalebooks. com/product.php?products_id=231 [EDITORS NOTE: UNLINKED ON PURPOSE PER BLOG COMMENT POLICY]

This is not an affiliate link but a page properly written up to give the reader immediate and direct access to the information discussed in the article. If they are lead straight to the main webpage only, then they have to navigate to find the information themselves.

I would imagine that a lot of php websites are set up in a similar manner.

I understand that the rules are the rules and I am certainly not wanting to buck the system but is there not a case for allowing the page link for multi page websites?

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 4:35 PM

Christina Downs writes:

My two biggest challenges seem to be lack of TIME to finish articles and other tasks, and trying to figure out the TECHNOLOGY to automate things. (Not that it is difficult, just another thing to “look into”.)

This is a great idea for a teleclass, and I hope I get home in time to be able to join you tomorrow.

Thank you.

Chris Downs, Author of Simply Balanced: Bible “Contradictions” Teach Balanced Living

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Linda writes:

I love the idea.

My biggest problem is coming up with a title that make people want to read on and then getting to leave info at your site.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 4:39 PM

Jerry MacCauley writes:

The biggest issue I have concerns the transition from an information-type article to a workshop. Although the ideal outcome is to generate interest, I find it difficult to not make the article sound like a “sales pitch.”

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 4:44 PM

I applaud the concept of ‘free line down’

My biggest issue is giving enough useful, quality content to generate interest in my content writing skills, without giving so much information that I’m no longer needed

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 4:50 PM

Lee writes:

Moving the “free line” toward the “paid line” seems to be my biggest problem. I’ve built a decent sized list of fairly responsive buyers… based upon them receiving my free content (whch they all tell me they love). I’ve just got to stop giving too much away.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 4:50 PM

Teddy Mueller writes:

I love having some support. I am new at this and appreciate some help. I have alot to say, yet I want to say it with integrity. I know I must work on the way I say what needs to be said with English and the proper way. Ezine has been a great help, I hope I can keep helping make a difference!
Teddy Mueller

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Janet writes:

My biggest problem? Read Cathy’s Cash Content Formula sales page and it would seem that the answer to my biggest problem may lie in her formula. I’m eager to hear what will be said in the teleclass.

My Problem: Creating a workable step-by-step plan that includes researched subject matter expert content of interest, multi-stream marketing the same content to different audiences, placing a dollar value on content for sale, where to find the markets into which to sell content, and how to have buyers coming back for more.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 5:04 PM

Teri writes:

How do you build a list from Ezine clicks on your site?

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 5:10 PM

I can write the articles, but I don’t know how to make money from it.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Elizabeth writes:

Thanks, Chris. My biggest problem is bridging the gap between interested readers and product purchasers. If the income is to occur from information products I create, a second problem is knowing where to draw the line between giving it all away free in articles and understanding what people will find valuable enough to pay for. Of course there are other possible ways to generate income from content, I assume, other than snagging traffic. So a third problem would be identifying those other cash-generating options!

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Jack Cox writes:

Hi Chris,

I really want to hear what you and Cathy Stucker have to say. I’m not sure but I think you are probably in America so its not practical for me to phone in from Europe. Can I listen in on the web? Any idea what time it will be GMT?

Keep up the good work.

Nest regards

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 5:52 PM

If you can’t make a recording available, would it be possible to rerun this during business hours? I have 2 toddlers at home during the evening, so to listen in would be very difficult.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 6:12 PM

Shama Sankaran writes:

I am new to content writing. Would like to know how I can start profiting from it.

I do get writer’s block when starting. How to write a captivating headline is my challenge. And then to lead into the first couple of sentences to hold the reader’s interest.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 6:32 PM

Kellee Flesch writes:

My biggest challenge is finding readers who are interested in my niche topics.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 6:43 PM

Marc writes:

I’m sooooo sloooooooowwwww at writing. Probably need a brain transplant. At my speed I couldn’t even support a hobo lifestyle.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 6:45 PM

Vaughn Early writes:

My biggest challenge is getting viewers to my website.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Arthur Levine writes:

HI, why am I being emailed everyones comments. Have received about 20 this evening.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Arthur, you are not the only one.
I was writing an article and when I suddenly opened the Outlook I saw all these messages from this blog!

It’s really amazing! Nice to see how many authors participate of the discussions!
I always participate ‚¬€ I’m learning a lot here.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 7:32 PM

I think the big question is, what is the most effective way to pick the content of our articles we write to build our lists and generate more business.
For instance, what kind of articles get the best response, highly targeted specific content, general content related to our website, or a combination of both? Thank you for this great opportunity to get advice from an expert. I look forward to the call. Thanks again.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 8:06 PM

dave youngdahl writes:

The product I sell online (decorative pillows) is difficult for me to work up “a rant” about… I like the products we have and I am excited about each new one we select for the site (there are over 500 throw pillows there, now!) but it’s hard for me to imagine anyone else getting as excited about something as mundane and ordinary as a “couch pillow”!  That hold’s me back… (Yup-piee another pillow!  That’s how I feel) so I write about “Color” or some related topic… I guess I write BEST when I’m disturbed about something… Perhaps I should write about how upset I am that “no one’s” looking at my site! : ) (the html is a joke)

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 8:55 PM

DA Jack Hayford writes:

Is Google Adsense really the only game in town for ad revenue generation? What are the viable alternatives? Now I see that Adsense can be used with YouTube (no small advantage). Who is on the same level as Google/Adsense for making money as a content publisher? Am I missing something? THANKS!!

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 9:21 PM

Sandra Carroll writes:

I seem to be stuck in the area of creating new and interesting content that will help build my list, generate new business and establish my expertise. Not sure what “my market” is really looking for.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 11:31 PM

Chandra writes:

My biggest challenge is on determining which content is marketable and how to showcase it and ensure that the access is targeted and purposeful so that initial readers gain value and refer others.

Comment provided November 26, 2007 at 11:43 PM

I love writing and I have a message to communicate through my writings.

My single biggest challenge to overcome is three wraped into one — Have an effective plan – make a commitment — get started.

Comment provided November 27, 2007 at 5:12 AM

Scott writes:

My biggest problem is trying to write something that people will benefit from reading. I try to write informatively and sometimes have a loss of words.

Comment provided November 27, 2007 at 6:38 AM

Roy writes:

Writing content that will not only interest my readers, but getting them to visit my website.

Comment provided November 27, 2007 at 8:20 AM

obinna c onwuka writes:

EzineArticles has really helped me in rediscovering my writing is the best article directory in the world.simple and easy to use.i will really like to see more traffic come to my guys are simply the best.thanks a million.

Comment provided November 27, 2007 at 8:56 AM

Steve writes:

My biggest challenge is getting the traffic to my web site and figuring out the right thing to offer that will meet their needs and provide me with a commission.

Comment provided November 27, 2007 at 9:16 AM

Jeff writes:

Where can i listen to the recording of the call?

Comment provided November 27, 2007 at 9:54 AM

Robert Britt writes:

Compelling content on my website that will generate sales once people arrive from my fantastic articles.
: )

Should I have more content there, or just a sales pitch; or should I have links to ancillary sales pages with a link to my home page?

Looking forward to hearing Cathy – been getting her newsletter forever and also love her books.

Comment provided November 27, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Keith Williams writes:

My problem:

Selecting which one (or two) of dozens of “winning systems” people are trying to sell me to help me monetize the ‘net.

You get the emails because you left the little “Notify Me…” box checked when you submitted a comment, I strongly suspect.

Comment provided November 27, 2007 at 12:05 PM

Elyse Grau writes:

Getting sufficient traffic to my website and blogs

Comment provided November 27, 2007 at 2:48 PM

G. Edward Smith writes:

My biggest problem is knowing whether or not the content I am providing is “making my visitor’s life better” for having read it. Better yet, knowing it is something they will remember or use , then return for more.

Comment provided November 27, 2007 at 5:48 PM

Herman writes:

Writing top quality articles in a short time.
Typically it takes me 3 hours for a 500-700 word article (includes some research) 1 hour if I really know my stuff.

I would also like to know how you do your keyword research, what tools you use and how to incorporate these KWs in the web copy.

Comment provided November 27, 2007 at 6:59 PM

Elisabeth writes:

My biggest problem right now: to get more subscribers to sign up for my ezine/email list.

I really hope you will make the tape available. Even if the specific offer is time-sensitive, the tape will still give us information about Cathy Stucker and her product, which can only be in her and everybody else’s interest!

Comment provided November 28, 2007 at 12:13 AM

Vern writes:

Hi Chris,

For me its about writing content
that gets spread out fast and
viral giving out more exposure
for my website – then leading
to even more sales.

Hope this helps in your upcoming

Sorry but I’ll have to give this a miss
this time but a recorded conference
available for download would be nice.

Comment provided November 28, 2007 at 12:18 AM

Teri writes:

I am sorry I had to miss the teleseminar, is there a way I can get an audio copy of the event this evening? Please let me know, and thanks for the help.

Comment provided November 28, 2007 at 12:42 AM

Another private query sent in wanted this:

What I need by way of guidance:
1. subject matter for articles,
2. approx length of that particular article,
3. permission to embellish article with pictures and images,
4. help sort out technical problems that arise while submitting articles, such as,
4:1 ordinary text turn to html after posting,
4:2 name of author change after posting,
4:3 allow the whole article to be bolded to be easy-on-eyes to read.

Working on the replay right now… will have it uploaded before the day is over.

Comment provided November 28, 2007 at 8:25 AM

The replay from last night’s teleclass has been posted:

Comment provided November 28, 2007 at 12:12 PM

Making money from one’s content, is a very interesting idea for folks. As long as it is done responsibly of course.

Comment provided November 30, 2007 at 3:05 AM

BernieMac writes:

Hi Chris Knight Bernie Mac here. I’m new at this blog. Thanks for making the recording of your interview with the IdeaLady available. It’s a real informative piece. I’ve found it to be quite motivational. Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Comment provided December 4, 2007 at 9:16 AM

I posted a bonus 40 minute MP3 from Cathy and I that took place after this teleclass. It was unplanned. :) Hope you find some value in it:

Comment provided December 5, 2007 at 6:02 AM