EzineArticles is 8 Years Old Today

On a chilly November 19th in 1999 EzineArticles.com was born. Today marks our 8th birthday. :-)

Frankly, today snuck up on us and we’ve been so busy behind-the-scenes that we didn’t plan any big party or promotion to celebrate this milestone.

I wish we could recognize our 7 or 8 year members but the reality is that our website was completely re-designed and re-launched in August of 2004 and we didn’t have members till October of 2004.

So for fun, let’s recognize our first member to sign up: Cathy Stucker, yes, the Idea Lady.

Ironically, Cathy is one of the less than 5 experts that I’ve worked with to help with new product creation and I’ll be doing a free teleclass with Cathy the evening of November 27th. Topic? Giving away many secrets included in her Cash Content Formula training guide… more about that another day.

After Cathy, we’ve had 119,791 membership sign up requests (as of a minute ago) and over 74,500+ members who’ve had their articles accepted…ok, so I guess we’re pretty picky on the quality thing. :-)

Anyway, for more birthday fun trivia: Alexandria K. Brown, The EzineQueen was our first article accepted in August of 2004: 11 Things You MUST Know Before Hiring a Copywriter!

In summary, Happy 8th Birthday to all stakeholders in the EzineArticles Team, Members, Family and Friends!

Happy Birthday to EzineArticles!

Near your birthday, Chris! The number nine follows you. And the year 1999! Interesting!

I wish EzineArticles infinite success, unbeatable power, many good authors and all the readers of the world!

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 3:57 PM

Sandy Shaw writes:

Having submitted some 300 articles over these past months, this has been a wonderful opportunity to write about what is so vitally important to me.
Thank you Ezine as you surge on into the 9th year. May the door continue to remain open.
Sandy Shaw,

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Congratulations! Happy Birthday, EzineArticles!

You’ve made all the difference, Chris, and we’re happy to celebrate this continuing milestone with y’all.

Wishing you the best in 2008 (the year of prosperity), and 2009! There’s that number 9 again.

Thanks to you and your team for all you do for authors and the rest of the world!

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Diana Williams writes:

Happy Birthday Ezine.com! I am so pleased to be a part of the ezine author family. I have shared your info with my writing group and other authors. My prayer is for GOD’S continued blessings upon this group!

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 4:33 PM

Happy, Happy Birthday!

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your “Outstanding Organization!”

Much continued success!

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 4:37 PM

_______, .-‘Y _^-,
______, .-‘^H E , -^_^-, ..
_, .-‘^ R S , .-^_______..|
_.. H E , .-^____________k
__.., .-^_________________i

Happy Birthday EzineArticles!

I send you a BIG Kiss!

Thank you so much! May this coming year outdo what you even imagined it might.

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 4:39 PM

Ruth Seebeck writes:

Congratulations! Thought you’d been around forever!

Any business that survives the first eight years is destined for more greatness. We authors are very grateful to have such a wonderful venue for publication and publicity. Your support services are wonderful as well

Life has been throwing me curve balls recently, but I promise to begin writing again real soon!

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 4:47 PM

Steve Martinez writes:

I’m impressed with what you have done in 8 years. My business will be celebrating it’s 2nd birthday in a few days – the day I walked away from a regular paycheck. I remember someone telling me – “Now you will find out what you are really worth”.

Chris, you must be worth a LOT! Thas is if we base our gold factor on appreciatation for what you have done. You have certainly helped my business and countless others with a venue to share our articles. God Bless

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 5:00 PM

Joanna Garzilli writes:

A very Happy Birthday. Long may the celebrations continue. EzineArticles is a great site! Sending love,Joanna Garzilli x x x

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 5:24 PM

Jeanette Fisher writes:

Happy to You! Happy to You!

Thank you.

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Willi D writes:

Thanks team for all your hard work – the bit we see and the bit we don’t.

Many more hardworking and fruitful years.

Willi D

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 5:45 PM

Dianne writes:

Happy Birthday! A wonderful site for all of us to be associated with…..

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 5:45 PM

Thomas J. Cummins writes:

Happy birthday to you all at EzineArticles.com and thank you so much for this service. God bless and many more happy birthdays to you Chris Knight and Co.

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 6:04 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Happy B-day EzineArticles!

But you know, the real birth of a business is the idea itself.

Were you thinking about something like EzineArticles before or did you start the business as soon as the idea came?

I know from personal experience that the original idea morphs into something different (usually) over time as well.

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Karen Cook writes:

Happy Birthday to Chris and all the staff at EzineArticles!

I still get a pump-fist-in-air thrill when you accept an article! (That’s me, always prepared for the worst)

Thanks for your integrity and stellar reputation.

I wish you all nothing but the best!

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 7:36 PM

You just gave me the opportunity to open that bottle of Cliquot I have been keeping for a special event!
And your 8th year is a special event that also suggest many, many more celebrations.
It has been a pleasure for me to publish my articles in ezine. You have developed a strong and fine corner of the publishing world. Congrats again!

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 8:03 PM

Happy Birthday EzineArticles!
Congratulations Christopher and your staff at EzineArticles.com as you enter the 9th year of your presence on net.
The moment I have seen your Celebration eMail, I thought I must share my happiness.It has been a wonderful experience for about one week going through the excellent features of EzineArticles.com before I recently became member of your family. As a web master & administrator, I am really impressed with the system you have built over years. Retaining the excellence over a period would have been possible with your dedicated team and hardwork.
Keep up the Good Work & With Best Wishes
Suryanarayana S V

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 9:22 PM

Eric writes:

*sings* Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to EzineArticles, happy birthday to you!

May year 2008 be an exceptional year for you and the people behind EzineArticles!

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 10:13 PM

Albert Hallado writes:

Hi Chris,

Chris congratulation to you and happy birthday EzineArticles, wishing you more birthday to come!

Your Friend Here in Vegas
Albert Hallado

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 10:36 PM

Karin Prinsloo writes:

Happy Birthday to all at EzineArticles! I have been using EzineArticles for research for developing my site for about 4 months now. And Wow! The results are amazing! Thanks to all! To another 800 years! Mwah!

Comment provided November 19, 2007 at 11:17 PM

Betty Arrington writes:

Hello and Congrats,

Happy Birthday tooo you
Happy Birthday tooo you
Happy Birthday EzineArticles
Happy Birthday tooooooo you

With Warm Regards from

Betty b

PS Happy Holidays to Everyone At EzineArticles
May all your days be filled with laughter, love and peace:)

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 12:24 AM

Vern writes:

Hi Chris,

Happy birthday to EzineArticles!

Althought I’ve been with EzineArticles
for only about 1 year plus…

It feels like I’m already a part of
the family of writers here.

Hope to continue to grow with you
and the team for years to come.

P.S. by the way, got room
for one other editor? ;) just kidding!

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 12:51 AM

Dianne Kneller writes:

Well, A Very Happy Birthday To EzineArticles,

I remember my first article 2 years ago, got rejected & I was gutted! I didn’t know then what I know now… :)

Have only just come back a month or so ago & am quite proud of my little EzineArticles button I got to put on one of my sites, Thank You…

* Many more Happy Bithdays to follow I’m Sure!

Happy Thanksgiving too, To All, just in case I don’t get back in here before then.

Dianne from NZ :)

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 12:59 AM

Zack Lim writes:

Hi Chris,

Happy Birthday to EzineArticles :)

Thank you for providing us with a fantastic platform where we will be able to published our articles to the world.

I am very impressed with the progress that you have make in 8 years.

I am very sure that there will be many more birthday to come for EzineArticles :)

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 1:53 AM

Helen Palmer writes:

Happy Birthday!

Keep up the great work, we want at least another 8 years! You are so head and shoulders above the pack, we can’t do without you.

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 2:26 AM

Happy Birthday to EzineArticles.com! Chris, we love your marketing brainchild!

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 6:46 AM

An over used word certainly, tho here is one dictionary definition:

1. inspiring awe: an awesome sight.
2. showing or characterized by awe.
3. Slang. very impressive.

Certainly applies here to EzineArticles.

Happy 8th Birthday, and thanks for making a difference in my life and in the lives of so many.

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 7:03 AM

Vishnu Murthy writes:

Happy Birthday EzineArticles :-)

I was pleasant surprised that EzineArticles is just 8 years old and the leaps and bounds it has crossed is simply amazing. Being a new writer for EzineArticles, I always admired at the class of EzineArticles organising more than 60 thousand authors and their hundred thousands articles!

Keep up your excellent work EzineArticles, you have excelled far beyond imaginations. You aren’t just a 8year kid, but a fully matured genius buddy and is there to stay and grow older till www exist!

Hearty congrats to you ezine atricles.

Vishnu Murthy

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 7:09 AM

IMAM writes:

I’m not a writer or contributor but it has been a wonderful site for me in terms of development over a year ago I came by EzineArticles.

I’ve not for once let it go. I enjoy more and more development in all areas of my life with EzineArticles. The knowledge about business, presentation, life and all that I can’t remember right now. I know with EzineArticles, I can make it.

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 7:15 AM

Marko Pyhajarvi writes:

Happy Birthday! This is a fantastic service and I glad to be one of the active writers. This service has helped me to get attention to my blogs…
Keep up the great work and all the best for the bright future!

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 7:52 AM

EzineArticles was just one of many sites that my team and I acquired between 1999-2001.

We had raised VC funding November of ’99 and went on a buying spree of websites that had one thing in common: They all provided value for email newsletter publishers and/or responsible (meaning not spammers) email marketers.

Unfortunately that business failed when the dot com bubble bursted and I painfully bought out our minority VC partner (when I didn’t have to and could have run away as we both shared the failure)… so that I could be left with a collection of websites that were worth NOTHING…

The genesis of EzineArticles as it is today, really happened in 2003 out of a problem that no one in the market had solved the way we thought it should be solved: The CMS.

Like many firms, we had evolved from Microsoft Frontpage to Dreamweaver and then to raw HTML code, but there was a bigger problem: We had to move from a non-database website to a database driven website. Server Side Includes (SSI) would only help our cause so much… and it was in 2003 that we went looking for a CMS platform to move to.

Turned out NOTHING met our needs good enough… and PHP was picking up speed in overall adoption (formerly, PERL was the code of the web gods)…and MySQL as a database was also gaining strong adoption.

Even though EzineArticles didn’t re-launch till August 4th of 2004…it was 2003 that the CMS (Content Management System) platform was conceived.

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 8:55 AM

Thanks for your kind birthday wishes! :-)

Keep in mind that EzineArticles is a team driven business and the men and women behind the scenes deserve the praise and appreciation for their continuous focus on speed, innovation, accuracy and creativity to continually solve complex problems as the site scales.

Lastly, if you’re new to commenting on the EzineArticles blog, please take a moment to read the Blog Comment Policy… specifically, we’re not able to accept blog comments with a keyword loaded name or with a double-dip URL at the bottom of your comment. Your continued participation is appreciated and thanks for helping us maintain high standards in this industry discussion. :-)

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 9:03 AM

Tom Dahne writes:

Happy 8th Birthday EzineArticles…. Hope you have another 8 great years of growth coming your way..

All The Best.. in 2008

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 11:22 AM

Edward Weiss writes:

Wow… thanks for that comprehensive answer Chris. I really appreciate how forthcoming you are with info that many would not share.

It’s very interesting to read about how business ideas actually turn into the real thing.

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 11:57 AM

Matt Ellsworth writes:

we are coming up on our 2nd birthday – and I thought that was a long time – but 8 years… Wow… Congrats!!!

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 12:18 PM

C. Worrall writes:

Congratulations! Eight years is an eternity in the tech world. Happy Birthday!

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 1:28 PM

plej writes:

Happy Birthday to EzineArticles!

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 4:04 PM

Cristian Ionica writes:

Happy Birthday to one of the best websites on the Internet: EzineArticles!

Let’s celebrate 8 years from now as well! :o)

All the best!

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 4:29 PM

Pamela Beers writes:

Happy Birthday EzineArticles.com! Many thanks to all of you for a wonderful marketing tool.

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 10:32 PM

Happy Birthday! Wishing you many more and thank you for all you do for us!

Comment provided November 20, 2007 at 10:52 PM

EzineArticles is 8 for most all of 2008. With such great numbers, and almost 888,888 articles, maybe you should tackle the Chinese Market too! There are now more internet users in China than in the US>

Comment provided November 21, 2007 at 3:32 AM

Dr. Adnan writes:

Its pleasure to read that EzineArticles.com has 8th birthday. Best wishes and I appreciate your work Mr Chris.

Comment provided November 21, 2007 at 4:04 AM

The full day and year of your domain start-up breaks down to the single four number which is a powerful number. It represents: individualism, originality, inventiveness and tolerance.

19 is one of the most powerful compound numbers. Both of my children were born on the 19th. It’s one of my favourites for starting new projects or taking on difficult things.

“‘The Prince of Heaven’….
It (the number 19) is symbolised as the Sun, and is called the Prince of Heaven because it indicates victory over all temporal failure and disappointment….
This number promises happiness and fulfillment – success in all ventures…”
Linda Goodman’s ‘Star Signs’

Happy Belated Birthday, EzineArticles Team! Continue having fun whilst providing unparalleled service.

Comment provided November 21, 2007 at 8:04 AM

Jack F. writes:

Best wishes on your birthday and continued success for you and the EzimeArticles Team.
Thanks for the platform and the opportunities you have given me over the years.

A Very Happy Birthday Wish

Jack F.

Comment provided November 21, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Happy Belated Birthday, EzineArticles Team
Web ‚¬€ url well done easy to load. All the best keep walking for more than 100 years. Andrea (mr) Italian P/R in Singapore over 35 years

Comment provided November 22, 2007 at 3:27 AM

articles2u writes:

Happy Birthday EzineArticles!

All the best!

Comment provided November 22, 2007 at 8:00 AM

Syd writes:

Nice to know that EzineArticles has come such a long way. The alexa rank, the traffic and hundreds of satisfied users of EzineArticles stand testimony to the fact that how rewarding this journey of 8 years has been not only to people of EzineArticles but to others who have used this service in a responsible manner for their own benefit and that of others.

Comment provided November 24, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Monty Loree writes:

Congratulations on coming this far. From the looks of your resume on linkedin…I’m not surprised by your success… you’ve been good at this for a long while!!

Comment provided November 28, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Happy Birthday – I hope there are many more to come.

Comment provided November 29, 2007 at 9:04 AM

Mohan writes:

Belated Congratulations on completing 8 years of successful life!

Comment provided December 2, 2007 at 8:35 PM