Deleted Articles Now Used To Compare

When articles are submitted, we check them in real-time (and with a finer check in post acceptance) against your current articles submitted & accepted. This comparative check is done to help prevent you from submitting articles you’ve already submitted on purpose or accident…and to prevent members from engaging in rewriting their own articles (something we think is evil).

This week, we’ve added another phase in this process by including comparative checking your new submissions against your deleted article submissions.

That means, if you delete an article that we previously accepted and try to re-submit it again, we’re going to reject it on the basis that you appear to be gaming the system. We have created a manual review process for the times when this happens by innocent mistake (which we know will happen).

As you may know, we compare article submissions against ALL submissions currently live on the site. There is coming a day in the near future that we will compare new submissions against ALL deleted submissions back to our first day of recorded history.

If all you do is submit quality original articles, this is a non-issue. :-)

Carl Pruitt writes:

This is a tricky area I think. Take an area like my business – mortgages. Except for just commenting on current events, which doesn’t lend itself to an article that will draw attention for a long time, there is only so much that can be put in article form without going over the same information territory. I see authors in that category that are not copying articles, but are seriously rehashing some of the same concepts over and over to end up with high article counts.

I have plopped down in front of the computer and zipped out an article several times only to end up not submitting it because I find one very similar already in the system. One that I had never seen or read before writing my article!

Comment provided November 29, 2007 at 12:40 PM

Carl,

That is a false positive and when that happens, I recommend that you PROVE IT immediately so we can investigate.

Our system is designed with agility to not create the situation you just described.

If you are truly writing original articles from your brain, then there is a zero percent chance that our system should reject your submission even if you cover a similar topic to someone else. If we did reject it (I’m sure it’s possible), then we need your help to figure out why we failed you.

Fair enough?

Comment provided November 29, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Carl Pruitt writes:

Sounds good. I guess I’m just being overly cautious by not submitting them. I’ll go through my backlog of articles I didn’t submit due to that and send them in!

Comment provided November 29, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

I rarely delete an article (unless it’s been rejected for some reason and I agree with you – which has happened), but resubmitting an article I’ve deleted almost never happens. If I’m going to resubmit, I simply edit the article. But, even that seems unnecessary. If it was accepted originally, why not just submit another new article with the new information and leave the original article in tact?

I’ve ‘tried’ a lot of stuff on article marketing, some worked, some didn’t. And my articles prove the service works. So I believe it’s more beneficial to just keep writing… Nemo style, “just keep writing, just keep writing.”

I’m going to go write some more…

Comment provided November 29, 2007 at 1:23 PM

Susan Scharfman writes:

“Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.”

I can’t believe how much you have to micro-manage. I don’t know why I am always thrown back on my heels by people who deliberately attempt to deceive. You meet them every day, and yet “you wanna believe.”

Good luck to Chris and team. suschar

Comment provided November 29, 2007 at 2:21 PM

Ahh schucks Jan:

Comment provided November 29, 2007 at 3:25 PM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

Hey! You commented almost before I posted… lol

That’s some schnazzy resource you have there!

Comment provided November 29, 2007 at 3:53 PM

I think that the Internet should have other laws. For example many people change their articles 20% to have them in their sites (without any link) and to submit them to several article directories and this is ‚¬“ok‚¬. This is why many bloggers simply copy what other people write and change the text a little bit, pretending they are the real authors! and this is not considered duplicated content.

This is why many ‚¬“brilliant authors‚¬ change the same article a thousand times to generate more articles! and they do several tricks to game your system.

Why is it permitted to change only 20% of any document and use it in other applications with only a few changes?

Usually the thieves distort the articles they steal with a horrible synthesis and grammar. This is another indication that the content is stolen, but it is ‚¬“ok‚¬: it is not considered anything.

Comment provided November 29, 2007 at 5:07 PM

Wow, all this sounds like a lot of work, but if the system does it by itself, then that is a very good thing.

Comment provided November 30, 2007 at 1:34 AM

It is great to be working with such a wonderful article website that has been around for so long. So many other article websites come and go. So in that case an author could waste their time there and find that one day the website is gone and all their articles vanish. What is interesting about this site is that we are worried about authors gaming the system and deleting articles, whereas with the other sites you have to worry that one day, POOF! They’re gone, completely, like See Ya, Nada, Zilch, DOA, dust in the wind. I think I’ll stay with EzineArticles, a proven source for online articles.

Comment provided November 30, 2007 at 3:01 AM

This new rule has emails coming into us that say something like:

Hi, I recently decided to delete some of my articles and then edit them, but when I try to submit them again,

I get the message that they’re duplicate!

I though that they already had been deleted and removed from EzineArticles?

Please help and clarify.

Tells me that we should update the error message to explain what just happened and why…

We are updating the rule to allow re-submission of articles that were never made live…as this rule was designed to prevent ‘gaming’ but not impact authors who deleted an article that was never made live.

Comment provided December 2, 2007 at 3:05 PM

Carl Pruitt writes:

We all truly appreciate all the effort you and your staff go to in order to maintain the reputation of this valuable resource!

Thanks!

Comment provided December 2, 2007 at 3:11 PM

anson writes:

yes, sometime we will submit the article again, is great for us can check that duplicate article

Comment provided December 19, 2007 at 1:18 PM