EzineArticles For Mobile

Got a cell phone that can surf the Internet?

Surf our new EzineArticles For Mobile version: EzineArticles.mobi

For version 1.0 of our mobile site, you can search for articles or authors and browse by category. Open to your opinions and feedback suggestions on how we should improve it? Be sure to post your cell phone model, carrier, and any specific requests for improvements that would make this new mobile site more useful.

Wow, I heard a rumor that you might be coming out with this. Excellent innovation, World Class in fact.

Comment provided October 24, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Hi Lance!

I guess I cannot help with my feedback because my mobile is too old and too Greek. And I’m too busy!
Are you going to give your suggestions here? I hope at least you can help Chris in this matter, since I cannot.

I usually help when the discussion has an abstract character and a philosophical background.

Comment provided October 24, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Wow … it truy is the information age. I only read about all this happening as a kid in the book “Future Shock” by Alvin Toffler.

And now it’s becoming reality. Soon libraries will become obsolete. Books, a thing of the past.

Comment provided October 24, 2007 at 5:09 PM

In researching this subject and going thru my online newsletters today, I found this of interest:

To get suggestions of online Ezine reading lists click on my name above. Meanwhile, Chris has a place, I forgot the domain name that I think you can go to in order to sign up for various Ezines available.

Comment provided October 24, 2007 at 8:44 PM

Thank you for the information, Lance! Only today I could read it.

I have to learn how to transfer the phone calls from my store to my cell phone when I am the one who opens it because I always delay. However, I never had time to learn how to do it!

We have many possibilities with many products that offer us a big variety of things with their system, but we only use a few of them because we don’t have time or interest on learning more.

Comment provided October 25, 2007 at 4:13 AM

Innovative, Chris! CONGRATZZZZ!

Comment provided October 25, 2007 at 5:37 PM

Vern writes:

Hi Chris,

This is really awesome.

My friend showed me the
power of surfing with his
3G phone powered by WIFI.

It was great and I’d wanted the
same thing to connect with

So, here’s my mobile

Sony Ericsson 810i
-service provider = StarHub (singapore)

There isn’t a 3G feature
because it operates entirely on
GPRS. Anyway, I will aim
for a 3G phone next year.

Try to cater for Sony at least
would be a good start. ;)

Comment provided October 26, 2007 at 5:04 AM

Randall writes:

Personally, I just read the articles from work on our LAN. I only use my phone’s web connection when I’m out and about, and to access my gmail and yahoo mail accounts, which are blocked at work…

Comment provided April 29, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Lori M writes:

I am just now hearing about this? I Love this idea and I think that a little more publicity may be in order.

I am sure that the .mobi will one day no longer be needed but considering the price and availability of iPhones and the like it is a long way off. At least 3 or 4 years :)

Like all new sites it just takes some time for people to find and start using it!

Comment provided April 29, 2008 at 11:24 AM

I think .mobi has already lost out to automatic browser detection…

Meaning, we could detect if you’re on a mobile browser of some kind and automatically feed you a mobile-enhanced version of the site.

That helps you to not have to remember the mobile version of the site.

Using my iPhone frequently, I’m annoyed at websites that try to serve me a dumbed-down version when I want the full bandwidth version… or worse, they don’t cookie me to know that I’ve already over-ridden their desire to serve me a mobile-version when I wanted the regular version.

Comment provided April 29, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Pat Wiklund writes:

I know there are lots of things that my cell phone can do, but I don’t want to do them. I’m really working on keeping work work and my personal and family time work free.

Too much information, too much hurry, too much too much.

I don’t ever want to activate the internet section of my cell phone.

Comment provided April 29, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Synchro writes:

Great !! one more good use for my Blackberry !!

Comment provided April 29, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Abraham Thomas writes:

As a property developer, we are planning to become available on the mobile web. I understand the priority is not to present heavy reading, but things you may need to know while on the move. Addresses, phone numbers, services and available projects in our case. There may be other useful niches.

Comment provided April 30, 2008 at 12:04 AM

Goonie writes:

That’s really great innovation. But that mobile version could coverage all of country/worldwide?

Comment provided April 30, 2008 at 1:45 AM