Editorial Team Expansion Project

Instead of an article writing or marketing tip/lesson today, I thought I’d share some behind-the-scenes hammering, sawing and construction action going on outside of my office:

We’re adding another 521 sq. ft. addition to our current office to make room for an editorial team expansion project to be completed in about 3 weeks.

Right now our editorial team members are spread out in (4) separate offices of 2-5 people per room and it’s hard to get a sense of unity/congruency in separate offices.

Next week we’ll be wiring this room with Cat5 (no, editors don’t need Cat6 gigabit ethernet) for Internet access, replacing the ugly blue-light fluorescents with half-moon incandescent sconces on the walls, whiteboards, and custom desks that we’re investigating new ways to innovate to get more of what we want in ergonomics without paying a bundle for it.

Downsides to this new room is that it’ll be a bit noisier than each of the small offices that our editors are in now, but most of our editors have headphones on during the day and we’re looking into ways to add sound absorption things into the room.

Another added benefit of this new editorial team room is the proximity to the free lunch room just down the hall. About 85% of our team eats here at the office and this saves time, money for the editor and helps them to keep up with your incoming article submissions.

Jed Jones writes:

Christopher,

It is fun to see what it looks like “behind the scenes” on your premises. Thanks for posting the photos and updating us on your remodeling project.

Comment provided October 12, 2007 at 9:47 AM

Albert Hallado writes:

Hi Chris,

Albert here, EzineArticles getting bigger and bigger everyday, congratulation and more POWER Chris!

Thanks’
Albert Hallado

Comment provided October 12, 2007 at 9:56 AM

Hi Chris!

I hope everything will be as you plan and your team will feel better and work faster with the improvement, reviewing our beautiful and intelligent articles in the environment they deserve!

Comment provided October 12, 2007 at 11:12 AM

Barb writes:

This is so exciting! And fun to be a part of something that is growing!!

Comment provided October 12, 2007 at 12:09 PM

Susan Scharfman writes:

I thought they said there was no free lunch any more. Sounds great. What’s on the menu?

Cheers and success.

Comment provided October 12, 2007 at 12:17 PM

Niiiice… well done! I like that “feed the editors and they work more” bit heheh

Comment provided October 12, 2007 at 1:23 PM

This week on the menu was Turkey & Mashed potatoes, Hadock/Cod fish & Baby Reds, Cold turkey/ham sandwiches, salads, mixed fruit, and shredded beef.

Next week’s menu includes Roasted Chicken, BBQ, Lasagna, Grilled Chicken, Baby Carrots, Tossed Garden Salad, Build your own Deli sandwich day, fresh sliced fruit platter, etc.

Comment provided October 12, 2007 at 1:34 PM

Well, I missed this week’s menu, but I’m there for next week. Set a place for me, would you? I’ll bring a beer for each of you, too!

Comment provided October 12, 2007 at 2:06 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Looks like EzineArticles is headed for one of the best places to work in America. How exciting to watch your brainchild grow and blossom.

Congratulations! I just wish I got in on the adsense model before you did. :)

Comment provided October 12, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Thanks…but I’d hardly call it my brainchild as this is a team effort project… :) and I’m not just talking about the people on our payroll, but everyone who tells us what they want EzineArticles to be is on the team… at least from a “shaping of the clay” perspective.

Comment provided October 12, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Dan writes:

nice construction site, it is for yours?

Comment provided October 12, 2007 at 2:22 PM

Hi Chris,

My regards Chris for the Ezine Article’s growth. I feel EzineArticles is part of my life these days.

Comment provided October 12, 2007 at 5:30 PM

I feel the same way Rajkumar!

I don’t know for how long I’m going to continue participating of this blog though, because I have to write another ebook!

Comment provided October 12, 2007 at 6:22 PM

Ramon Greenwood writes:

Chris…

Seeing your bricks and mortar provides me with an even greater sense of confidence in what you are doing. Having one foot in the “old world”, much of what I try to cope with in cyberland seems so ethereal. And I can definitely identify with turkey and mashed potatoes.

Comment provided October 13, 2007 at 10:40 AM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

My kids decided we neede more living space, and since I don’t sleep anyway, the decided to take that from the (my) bedroom. So they pulled the wall behind my office, to move it partially into my bedroom and rebuild the wall. They forgot the wall sockets and TWO light switches. So at the moment, until I can take five and rewire, I have electrical cords hanging over my head…

But the framing on the new wall is in, and it all pretty much fits the new space. We have some AWESOME new space!

Jan Verhoeff

Comment provided October 14, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Hope Wilbanks writes:

How exciting! Congrats on the new additions!

Comment provided October 14, 2007 at 3:08 PM