Using EzineArticles To Identify Ebook Possibilities

Interesting article from EzineArticles Expert Author Jan Verhoeff that I just came across with a premise that on High Interest Article Titles Evolve Into Marketable Ebooks

One thing that drives me crazy is that I see so many of our members send in article titles that fall significantly short of the length they should be in to generate maximum exposure results. If you want your articles to reach “high interest” status, in most cases this means expanding the length of your article title by 30-45% more. You have very little to lose by testing what I know to be true in the majority of cases.

Andrew Grant writes:

Interesting idea – so is there a way to view the most popular articles in EA?

Andrew Grant

Comment provided August 30, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

How sweet! And the title you spotlight is a “sub-title” – AWESOME – only on do I get recognitin like this!!!

Thanks Chris, Laura & I were up way too late that night co-conspiring against the natives, and writing articles. Fortunately we waited until morning after we’d edited them to spring them on unsuspecting readers.

Those articles have been some of my hottest selling articles and the ebook has gone wild! Several hundred people have copies of that ebook, with more every day clicking the link.

I love online marketing!

Comment provided August 30, 2007 at 11:37 AM

Edward Weiss writes:

It’s funny you should post this because I was thinking it would be great if EzineArticles could offer a service to turn articles into e-books.

Any chance of this ever happening?

Comment provided August 30, 2007 at 12:21 PM

Yes, the most viewed articles of all time are here:

In fact, you can access this at any time by looking at the right nav of this blog as we have a link to it near the bottom of the right navigation, above the ads.

I found your post thanks to a GoogleAlert I had setup to track things.

I’m pretty sure we’re staying out of the ebook space for at least 2007. For next year, who knows… :)

Comment provided August 30, 2007 at 2:22 PM

Great points here Jan, could not agree more. – Lance

Comment provided September 5, 2007 at 10:53 PM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

I can’t imagine a company like creating ebooks – there’d be a lot of interesting back lashes going on there.

However, if you’re up to writing ebooks – make a few bucks and get them out there!!! I’d encourage it.

Lance, it’s so nice to see you on this thread. Thanks for noticing!!!

Chris, I see you’re cooking something. But I’m still thinking ebooks might not be the right direction… Perhaps we could see a different target there.

Comment provided September 5, 2007 at 10:57 PM