How many words should an ideal article be?
The EzineArticles system is setup to require a minimum of 400 words and a max of 5,000 words.
Why should you consider writing articles in the 500+ word range?
- Writing less than 500 words makes it difficult to deliver on the promises you made in the article title.
- Increases chances that your readers will have confidence in you as the genuine expert.
- 44.9% of our members (largest single class of article submissions vs. less than 500 word count classes of article submissions) are already writing 500+ words or more. Join the majority.
- Sometimes you never know which tip or strategy recommendation will solve your readers problem and by meeting a higher word-count, you’re able to offer more options to your reader.
- Many writers say that it’s easier to write a higher word-count article and chopping it down to 500+ words than it is to produce a less than 500 word article that falls short on quality or impact.
- If you struggle to produce <500 quality words/advice on a narrow topic relating to your expertise, are you really the expert?
- Less than 500 words doesn’t always offer ezine publishers enough of an incentive to send your article to their email lists = lost promotional opportunity.
What are your reasons for writing in the 500+ word count range?