In my article Article Marketing 101: The Perfect Author Resource Box – I covered essentially what to *INCLUDE* in your ideal RESOURCE BOX.
For newbies: Your resource box is located directly below your article body – Your article body is the GIVE; Your resource box is your TAKE (where you can pitch yourself, your business, your website and why your reader should do business with you).
Today, you’ll discover some of the items that *should never make it into your resource box* and why:
- Your email address – Do you really want to be spammed to death?
- Your phone number – Article syndication / marketing is timeless whereas your phone number may change from decade to decade.
- Your life’s story – No one cares.
- Your achievements, awards, medals, victories, successes, etc. – It may be ok to include a little about this, but focus on being BENEFIT-ORIENTED in your resource box copywriting. What’s in it for your reader to want to know more about you and your website?
- Every website you own – Most likely will dilute your credibility.
- Website links to sites you own that have nothing to do with the topic of your article – Instead, stay narrow in focus to help the reader know you are focused on your niche only.
- Affiliate links – Save this for other websites that accept that sort of thing. Sorry, EzineArticles does not.
- Links to your EzineArticles expert author URL – Don’t include this because we already append it automatically. You’d be amazed how many times our editors remove this manually.
- Extremely personal data such as your sex, marital status, physical stats, etc. – Does it really help you advance your credibility?
- Personal friend recommendations such as *see Chuck for this or that service or product as I endorse him* – Just bad form for this type of marketing.
- Repetitive anchored text links of the same keywords or key phrases – This is viewed as SEO abusive or keyword abuse.
- Extra Images – Your author photo will already be included in your resource box if you have it uploaded; otherwise, you’re welcome to upload your professional photo gallery on EzineArticles for other images you want to upload. Sorry, we don’t have plans to allow images to be included in articles this year.
The theme you should be noticing here: Purpose of the resource box is to build your credibility by staying narrow in your niche focus and being benefit oriented: ie: What’s in it for the reader if they click on your link(s) to learn more about what you can do for them?