Multiple Resources Boxes for Each Area of Expertise

Audrey in a previous blog comment said:

“…when authors write on more than one topic. What do you suggest for resource boxes? I use all 3 of my preset ones that ezine articles offers. They are all similar but they have a different first line depending on the topic I’m writing about.”

We had only created 3 resource boxes because we assumed that most authors would have 3 resource boxes for each pen/author name, per the recommendation in this article: (Authors With Multiple Brands (or Expertises))

It’s great that you want to have a default resource box for every area of expertise that you write articles about… Within our system, the best way is to create an alternate author name for each major area of expertise and then you’ll have 3 resource box templates you can use for each pen or author name variation (Christopher Knight vs. Chris Knight are two variations of the same person and I could have (3) separate resource boxes setup for each author name).

Hi Chris!

I think an author shall have 3 resource boxes prepared even if he/she uses the same pen name because we have this option. I write for similar categories with the same pen name and I’m thinking about having 3 resource boxes working. I have only 2 now.

We can change the resource box according to the kind of readers we have in certain topic or according to what we want to achieve.
For example: in one of them we can give a free report, in the other we may give a free ebook about something else, etc.
Why not? This is a good idea in some cases.

Comment provided August 22, 2007 at 11:44 AM

Marte Cliff writes:

Personally, I’d love to have MORE than 3. As a copywriter, some of my articles are about copywriting and other issues for real estate, some are about fund raising, and others are about general marketing advice… But even within those categories, there are sub-categories.

Comment provided August 28, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Mike Horley writes:

I agree with Marte. I would like to have many more than just the 3 resource boxes. I have over 40 websites and I would like to have just one pen-name with say up to 50 resource boxes. This would be great if this could be implemented easily enough.

Comment provided August 29, 2007 at 3:12 AM

Gregg Hall writes:

It’s easy enough to remedy. If you just keep a resource box saved with the HTML tags and the anchor text that you want in a notepad file you can just copy and paste them into the resource box area when you do your different sites. That is the way I do it.

Hope that is a little helpful, if not too oversimplified.

Gregg

Comment provided August 31, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Kelly writes:

Chris,

Do I understand you correctly?

Are you saying that if I’m such a broad writer on various topics wanting many more than 3 resource boxes, that I should register w/ your site here under different names and for each of them, I’ll get 3?

I am just a newbie to this and want to be sure I’m following your suggested thought.

Thanks,

Kelly

Comment provided August 31, 2007 at 10:12 PM

Mike Horley writes:

Thanks Gregg,

This is actually the conclusion I had come to myself since commenting here, but I appreciate you pointing it out. It is such an easy solution that I don’t know why I hadn’t worked it out originally!

Mike

Comment provided September 1, 2007 at 4:40 AM

Kelly,

No, you should not register under different names because we only allow one account per human.

What you can do is create variations of your name…. Example: Chris Knight is different than Christopher Knight.

You can do this within our system by adding an “ALTERNATE AUTHOR” name.

Each author name within your account can have (3) resource boxes in the templates (optional).

Comment provided September 1, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Kelly Piet writes:

Ah!

Got ya, Chris!

Thanks!

This makes sense, I didn’t think you wanted people opening tons of accounts, that’d be stupid.

Cheers!