Articles That Promote Videos

One trend that has become increasingly popular is that EzineArticles members will use the link in their resource box to deliver one or more video’s..or a page in their website that shows videos.

As you may know, our editorial review team surfs every link in every article you submit — checking for quality, dead links, and anything that may harm or deliver our readers to an unpleasant experience.

With the length of many videos in the 4-20+ minute range each, we don’t have the resources to check every video for quality content — and therefore we’ve decided to operate on gut-feel based on our perception of the intent of the member and his or her video’s intent. This means we’ll probably make mistakes and error on the side of conservative caution when reviewing video’s.

One more word of caution when using articles to promote videos: Think very long-term. Article writing & marketing is not a short-term strategy and you should think in advance of your readership in 3-10 years from now…will they still have a positive experience when they surf your site?

heather picken writes:

Good to see that you are keeping up with the technology :)

Comment provided August 3, 2007 at 11:03 AM

Excellent point about longterm and the life of an article. I really hadn’t thought of that. I sure will now, you are right. I just wrote an article on Beyonce falling as well which is also short term. Humm…think longterm, tic, tic, tic.

Comment provided August 3, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Robin Brown writes:

My videos are on sewing techniques, and the articles that support them are for long term promotion. I’m in the midst of writing articles for the two latest ;).

Resarch articles show that vids are still best for branding and such, not directly making sales. A lot like the investment in article writing.

Comment provided August 4, 2007 at 1:14 PM

What an interesting concept of promoting videos with online articles, makes sense and yes it too makes a lot of sence to consider the long-term marketing aspect. Interesting, makes one think.

Comment provided August 4, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Lance.. darling,

No Squidoo and no articles about U Tubes?

Humm, should I have a big head?

YES!! ahh ha! I can’t help it! I may not write even a pinch of what you do, but.. yay! I just finished another Squid and I have written articles using U Tubes as examples!

I feel so smart today! Pinch me! OK.. I will pinch myself.

Comment provided August 4, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Indeed, I must be showing my age, since I am not up with the latest and greatest. But this Squidoo Think is pretty neato, mosquito and so, I will try to learn more about it and perhaps I can catch up to your knowledge of this interesting subject.

I have some videos online from a long time ago in 1996, maybe someday I will make some U-Tube type video, then promote it with an article or two?

Comment provided August 6, 2007 at 1:55 AM

Lance, of course I am just teasing.. boy when I get to over 11K articles like you, (not bloody likely) that’s when I am gonna pinch myself.

btw, one way I have found that also helps to get Squidoo lenses noticed, besides EzineArticles of course, is through Stumble Upon.

Hey Chris! I have written 20 articles ‘so far’ this month…yay!

Comment provided August 6, 2007 at 12:39 PM

20 articles on the subject WOW, well that means I can learn everything I need to know in one place reading your articles. Thanx.

By the way – How is the artwork coming in Hawaii?

Comment provided August 6, 2007 at 1:37 PM

Nice job Kathy!

Comment provided August 6, 2007 at 1:48 PM

No Lance, not on one subject. Eee gads man! I don’t have your brain! I am going through my index of inner thoughts and even my recipe box! What does one write about German Pancakes.. after delicious?

I am determined though to make my art work.. I get 5K hits a month on my official site. DUE TO ARTICLE WRITING. I think that is pretty good for an artist. I think most artists don’t realize that having a website with no traffic is a store in the middle of the desert. Artists I know don’t seem to get it.

But making money at art is still hard. I need to expand my website with more items offered in my shopping cart section. sells my stuff so I should be able to too, gads.

The cool thing w/squidoo btw is that you can illustrate your ideas with UTube. I also post a UTube music video at the very beginning of my Squidoo lenses and tell people to turn them on first off, for ambiance. Just a nice little touch I think. I try to treat it like someone is visiting my house in a way. I touch up the site at least 2-3 times a week.

I also became a Wordtracker affiliate and am posting their info by EzineArticles RSS feed.. thank you so much Chris!
I am encouraging people to write articles and even created a Squidoo lens just for that.

And now? at this very moment? I guess I will go and sculpt a masterpiece. Ha.

Comment provided August 6, 2007 at 2:14 PM