Your article title is more than just an accurate description about what the reader will find in your article body, as it’s a promise you make to build a trust relationship with your readership (prospective & current clients).
Today, reflect on how well you’ve been delivering on your article title promise(s):
- Did you fulfill your readers expectations in the article body?
- Did you answer the question you posed in your article title?
- Does every paragraph of your article in some way relate to delivering on what you promised in the title?
- Are you wasting the readers time by purposely baiting them with a juicy title and lots of filler in your article body?
- Does your article GET TO THE POINT? (instead of rambling on and on and on?)
- Are you an expert who delivers more value in the article body than you expect to receive in return?
- Did you bite off more than you can deliver in your article title? Should you narrow your topic further?
Having a very smart article title is the key to hooking more readers, but the article title is only the envelope in your article marketing campaign. What’s inside your article envelopes will determine if the reader is satisfied enough to begin to understand and/or trust you. Violate that trust and you’ll have a reader who will feel cheated for having wasted his or her time with your article.
Additional reading on this topic:
How do you ensure that your articles deliver on the promise you made in your article titles?