Searching for new article format ideas? Look no further than what I call the “Principles of X” article template.
Here’s how it works:
- An article title that lets them know they will be learning principles of something.
- Introductory paragraph that explains why your principles are important to the reader along with any social proof claims that can support your statements.
- A sub-head that describes your top principles along with why each principle is important.
- A closing paragraph that wraps up with either how to get started at applying the principles outlined or a helpful tip to help the reader overcome any objections they might have to understanding or applying one of your principles to their life or business.
- Insert your benefits driven Resource Box
Examples of various ways I’ve seen the “Principles of X” template implemented:
- The 7 Principles of Business Integrity
- Learning The Basic Principles Of Marketing
- Fast Muscle Mass Building-The Ten Success Principles
- 9 Principles To Live By – To Be Mentally And Emotionally Strong!
- The 34 Principles Of An ExtraOrdinary Home
- 7 Leadership Principles That Can Change the World
- Do You Know The Basic Principles of Winsor Pilates
- The Principles of Interior Design
- 5 Principles of Attraction for the Entrepreneur
- Six Principles of Successful Investing
There may be no ‘right’ way to do this template as you can see that some give a number to their principles, some call them “The Principles” (as if there were no other principles on the matter), some call the “Basic” or “Universal” principles, but they all usually give a numbered list with sub-heads that make it easy for the eye to see and read the principles outlined.
How can you apply this to your area of expertise?