Milestone 50k Members

Earlier this week, we passed 50,000 registered members with articles live. We’re humbled and honored by the confidence that you and every single EzineArticles member & user have placed in us and will continue to work hard, to innovate and find new ways to provide more value to each of our members & users… and other nice words that are true. :)

There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about the gravity of the responsibilities that we have with every ideal member that we value as well as our leadership with the overall market. Things are quite a bit more complex today than they were only a few years ago and while our development team has done very well with scaling the website from a technical perspective, we’re working every single day on building additional systems to scale the human side of our support & quality assurance systems.

I still think there is a huge opportunity for us to unlock the potential trapped within EzineArticles.com…similar to the potential energy that is released out of a tiny atom, we’ve got a long ways to go to find additional ways to help our members and users to contribute, participate and use the opportunity connected within this site for their and your reasons and not ours.

As always, we appreciate every single suggestion submitted, even if we’re unable to act on it immediately.

Question:

If there was one feature that you’d like to see us offer that we currently don’t offer yet, what would it be?

Jennifer Thieme writes:

The one feature I’d like to see is to be able to conduct keyword searches by author, to have a keyword search box specifically for each author.

I’d also like to see the “Expert Author” page combined with the “Expert Bio” page. Here are examples from my own articles.

Expert Author Page:

Author Bio Page:

Seems redundant to have both. Specifically, I’d like to see the article abstracts from the first example listed in the second example.

Comment provided April 14, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Respond to messages?

Errrrm, even if they are difficult for you!!

Comment provided April 14, 2007 at 6:11 PM

George Lockett writes:

Hi Chris

The one feature I would like to consider is finding ways that the Authors of the articles can make some money as well as your pay per click system.

I am not quite sure how but it does seem a little unfair for the authors to do all the work writing the articles and all income generated comes to EzineArticles. What we put our attention on grows so please put a bit of attention on creating a model which will generate an income for authors. I do appreciate the free service you offer us all.

May be another Idea could be to produce a book of the best articles in each category.

Then if people are researching a subject they can buy the book – well I know the information would be more up to date on the internet – but it may work in some categories.

George

Comment provided April 15, 2007 at 4:40 AM

George,

I can just imagine the response you are going to receive to that posting.

Ezine is a full time operation, with a number of staff members who are all salaried presumably – that is why we receive such a high quality service.

The total costs involved managing this community must be considerable.

We provide quality material and in return we receive, as well as excellent service, which is unrivalled in my view, massive exposure for our work.

Believe me, it is a great deal and we should be grateful.

Jonathan

Comment provided April 15, 2007 at 4:56 AM

Peter Cutforth writes:

Congratulations Chris, thats a great milestone. You and your team have carved out a service that stands well above the competition.

I’ve made some suggestions previously about additional communication options with reviewers that I’d like to see.

Cheers,

Peter

Comment provided April 15, 2007 at 6:06 AM

Roger Vincent writes:

All I ask is that you be patatiant with authors that do not submit on a regualr basis. If authors are like me they want there articles viewed by a lot of people so it takes time to produce a quality article.
I don’t care if I don’t get paid as long as you don’t carge me.

Thanks

Comment provided April 15, 2007 at 7:38 AM

Wow, you know 50,000 is HUGE, That is so cool? OMG, that is intense. You know when I started posting there was not even 20% of that at the time. It just goes to show you that perseverance pay off. I am so happy to be one of those 50,000 article authors, WOW.

Comment provided April 16, 2007 at 3:46 AM

Edward Weiss writes:

I’d like to see an EzineArticles members section devoted exclusively to help authors promote their articles… in all the ways that articles can be used and marketed both online and off. This feature is already part of your forums. Unfortunately, it’s not too active.

I for one am always looking for new ways to get my articles out there.

Comment provided April 16, 2007 at 1:21 PM

I want to see a Dump Truck full of Gold Bars put in the driveway of any auhor who writes over 5,000 articles. That is what I would like to see?

Comment provided April 16, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Dave Saunders writes:

I’m at the point where I don’t even bother with other article sites. Some websites of mine receive nearly 40% of their traffic from EzineArticles.com. The second performing article site comes in at 1% on a good day.

Seems like simple math to me. ;-)

-Dave

Comment provided April 18, 2007 at 9:17 AM

Audrey Okaneko writes:

Dave,

I do submit to a few other directories and here’s why. I receive hits from sites that picked up my articles from other directories.

Yes, EzineArticles does indeed provide more hits than any other directory but publishers subscribe to the feeds of other directories and use those articles and I want the change to be one of the articles picked up.

Audrey :)

Comment provided April 18, 2007 at 1:08 PM

Audrey Okaneko writes:

I’m thinking I might now have been clear in the above statement.

I submit every article I write to EzineArticles.com

I also submit my articles to a few other directories as time permits.

I am willing to submit to a few other directories because my articles get picked up from those directories. I have publishers email me and say “I saw your article over at ________”. I get hits from the ezine of that publisher.

Hope that’s more clear.

Audrey

Comment provided April 18, 2007 at 2:26 PM

George Lockett writes:

Hi Chris

Redesign or extension of the EzineArticle model.

I have been giving a lot more thought to the redesign of the EzineArticle Model or the creation of a new model that can add value to say the top 20% of articles on EzineArticles Database.

Chris you have created a huge knowledge base and I think it is time to start thinking of ways to package and sell this knowledge.

We see new business models popping up on the Internet like itunes, where people pay to download individual songs.

We see the Amazon model where people pay for individual books of knowledge.

EzineArticles is somewhere in-between these two. You have a knowledge base of great value. But it needs packaging so you can charge people to download the knowledge. Like the above two models.

Maybe this could be an eBook model. Where you took the expert authors listing in each category and packaged it as an eBook and charge for downloads? Maybe grouping articles into 10’s or 20’s using the headings as the contents page and the articles following like short chapters.

May be you could set up chargeable models for downloading to mobile devices like hand held computer or G3 mobiles or Sony page readers.

The idea of this email is to take the best 20% of the data base and create expert system knowledge base which can have value added and sold to the public.

If itunes can do it with individual songs and Amazon can do it with written word there must be a market in-between for short high quality eBooks or a new class of articles of say 2,000 words each?

Please get your team to design a new model so authors can receive a payment for their writing, like itunes does with songs.

Thanks George E Lockett

Comment provided April 20, 2007 at 1:37 AM

A.M.Sall writes:

Heartfelt congratulations, Chris to you and also all of us !-)
Now onward and upward to 1,000,000 registered members, always making sure we combine quantity with quality!

A.M.Sall (Platinum)