The “Pros and Cons” Article Template works like this: You introduce an argument with 1-2 paragraphs max and then you provide a minimum of 3-4 pro’s and 3-4 con’s, wrapped up by a conclusion paragraph that describes your position and why.
Too often articles are written that debate the merits of the author’s position (nothing wrong with that) but they fail to provide counter-arguments that can actually improve the authors credibility for being able to see the big picture or at least acknowledge the counter-arguments that exist (even if they don’t agree with them).
- Tip: Use bullet points to present your list of Pro’s and Con’s as it’ll make your articles easier to read.
- Revised Tip: It’s “Pros & Cons” and not “Pro’s & Con’s”.
Mini Example of this Pros & Cons Article Template:
(Actual example should meet our 400 word min. count)
Review of 30 Inch Flat Panel Computer Monitors
If you want to impress your friends and co-workers while being able to get more done while sitting at your computer, the new 30″ flat panel monitors really rock.
Here are the Pros of why you should invest in a 30″ flat panel monitor:
- Takes multi-tasking to the next level without having to flip back and forth between applications (saves time)
- Unclutters your desktop instead of having two 15″ monitors (improves efficiency)
- Can easily double as a movie screen to entertain yourself or others
Here are the Cons of why you might want to hold off on investing in a 30″ flat panel monitor:
- Quite a bit more expensive than (2) 15″ monitors
- May require dual-link DVI video card support that is not found in today’s average computer
- You may lose where your mouse is on the screen as there is so much display real estate
Conclusion: If money is no object and you’re an early adopter, you really have no choice and must get your 30″ flat panel monitor before everyone else. For everyone else, waiting another year means it’ll probably come down half in price and video cards in computers will improve their support for massive-sized flat panels.
[INSERT MY RESOURCE BOX HERE]
Have you ever used the “Pros & Cons” Article Template before and do you have any tips to add?UPDATED March 26, 2007 7am CST: Updated all Pro’s and Con’s to become Pros & Cons.