Intuitive Additions

Lately we’ve been thinking about ways that the membership interface could make recommendations, suggestions or *what should it do if it wasn’t automated and we were trying to help our best friend get the most out of their membership* type of thoughts.

On that thought, the first feature is now live: Resource Box auto-save the first default.

How it works: If you have not pre-defined your default Resource Box in your member profile, upon your first or next article submission, our system is going to ask you if you would like to make the resource box that you just used to become your default resource box. If you choose YES, all future submissions will have your default resource box autofilled in for you…saving time. :-)

You can always change your default resource box at any time and you can also define up to (2) optional resource boxes that can be available upon a simple pull down menu while submitting articles of different purposes. Every defined author name within your account can have a default resource box and up to (2) optional resource boxes. Hopefully with the time saved, you’ll be encouraged to submit more articles.

What do you think of this new feature?

Any other additional intuitive additions we should consider adding to the membership interface processes?

Pamela Beers writes:

Great idea! It would certainly save time.

Comment provided March 14, 2007 at 7:19 AM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

This is an awesome and inspired change.

I’ve struggled with the author boxes. I always put one on – often a different one from the last one. But mine seem to work very well, because I add in all the specifics, but having just one would have been more efficient. I just never took time to save one.

I think having it save automatically, or having that option would be incredible.

Jan

Comment provided March 14, 2007 at 7:47 AM

Ramon Greenwood writes:

Splendid idea!!!!!!

Ramon Greenwood

Comment provided March 14, 2007 at 9:10 AM

Jeff Herring writes:

When writers take advantage of this feature they can submit their articles more quickly thus leaving more time to write more articles!

Comment provided March 14, 2007 at 9:10 AM

Alyssa Johnson writes:

Great addition!

I know my resource boxes have “evolved” over time and I haven’t taken the time to go back and update my saved ones.

Now I won’t have to worry about it! Thanks for your never ending creativity.

Comment provided March 14, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

Jeff,

You are such a nag!!! hehe

It’s amazing how fast it is to put in an article when you have everything in place.

Jan

Comment provided March 14, 2007 at 12:53 PM

Joar Kamara writes:

Hello,

This new feature are great, keep up the good work! ;)

Best regards
Joar Kamara
Ultimatelistsecrets.com

Comment provided March 14, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Great idea, Chris!

All of the work you are doing to make the interface more friendly and intuitive is wonderful and each step takes away another possible stumbling block to writing lots of articles.

Cindy

Comment provided March 15, 2007 at 9:03 AM

Audrey Okaneko writes:

I read a tip from someone, I’m so sorry I don’t recall who, and it’s a tip that’s worked great for me. I copy and paste my entire article, title, content, bio and short summary. I paste all of it into the content section of the submit form. I then copy and paste the other pieces from there. It’s much easier than going back and forth between the article and the submit form.

Audrey :)

Comment provided March 15, 2007 at 10:56 AM

Rebecca writes:

Okay – this is my pet peeve. I use different resource boxes all the time. Not only do I have a lot of sites, I like to use a unique one for each article. That way it’s more related. Anyway, it is SUCH a pain to have to click NO I do not want a defulat resource box every time I submit an article.

(And I definitely don’t want to select one then be faced with making sure I’ve removed it each time I submit a new article)

Egads – where’s the off switch?!

Rebecca

Comment provided March 31, 2007 at 2:02 PM

Rebecca,

Thanks to your feedback, we have added a check box that allows you to tell us that you don’t want to ever be reminded again to make your resource box the default.

: – )

Comment provided April 4, 2007 at 6:43 PM

Rebecca writes:

That’s much appreciated :-)

Rebecca