Michael Potter, J.D. – Author Spotlight

Michael Potter, J.D.This weeks Author Spotlight shines on Michael Potter, J.D., a relatively new comer to EzineArticles.com.

Michael established his membership just this year but has already contributed 14 articles, articles which earned him the spotlight for this week because of the overall high quality of them. Too often in article marketing we get caught up in the “numbers game” and sometimes quality gets pushed out of the forefront. Michael’s articles prove that you can provide quality content while still producing at a high level. For new entrepreneurs, which many of our contributing authors are, I would highly suggest these two articles of Michael’s:

3 Reasons Why Your Business Should Not Be You
When A Corporation Makes Sense

Both contain great information and advice for solo entrepreneurs and their businesses on establishing business entities as well as protecting yourself and assets.

Steve Hill writes:

Nice articles Michael, I will look out for your articles in the future.

Comment provided February 1, 2007 at 9:44 AM

Great articles. Wow.

I would not say we always get caught up in the numbers game, in fact I remember quite a few Article Spotlights with article authors who had very few articles, but the ones they did have were indeed excellent.

Comment provided February 1, 2007 at 9:32 PM

Danny Snyder writes:

Yes Chris, Michael Potter wrote some good articles for a specific niche. I have not seen many lawyers write articles. And for the number of lawyers in the world, you would think that we’d see more articles from them — many more in fact!

Great action shot for a photo. It shows that you’ve been interviewed before. You have a smile on your face (another change from the typical attorney), and you are gesturing. Very wise choice of photos.

Comment provided February 1, 2007 at 9:35 PM

Danny,

Our LEGAL section actually has 656 expert authors…many of whom are in fact lawyers.

All together, those 656 expert authors have produced 3,798 legal related articles to date.

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 7:43 AM

Danny Snyder writes:

Chris, I’m so embarrassed!

I should have known because attorneys can dictate very fast. I bet they have Dragon Naturally Speaking.

Comment provided February 3, 2007 at 4:12 PM

Don’t sweat it Danny…

I’m not sure if they use Dragon, but I’d bet many of them have naturally good writing/authoring skills and cranking an article out is actually a mental break from creating legal contracts & documents.

Comment provided February 3, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Danny Snyder writes:

Chris,

They may or may not use voice recognition. However, I know they use word processors because I’ve received agreements that were not completed. They had sections with the former clients name on them and unfilled in spaces. I don’t use those attorneys any longer.

It’s a little too idealistic to imagine an attorney writing every contract or document they produce by starting with a blank sheet of paper.

Good attorneys, like auto mechanics, are very cognizant of their time management. They are probably better editors than writers because they’re probably cutting and pasting from previous documents they wrote. I doubt that they have to write most agreements from scratch. Don’t get me wrong – that’s a good thing.

As far as attorneys go, if you need an attorney, then go find the best, pay them for their time, and follow up and track the charges. The best attorneys I have used have been expensive per hour but a true value for the results. The last thing you ever want to do is choose an attorney because they are the cheapest.

I hope that’s not too many ideas for one post.

Comment provided February 3, 2007 at 6:15 PM

Indeed Danny, I have had the same experiences and observations as well. Later I designed all our Legal Documents myself, 220 page Franchise Agreements and UFOCs some 20 different versions for different countries, states and concepts. It is a heck of a lot of cut and base that Contractual Business Attorneys do. Actually all attorneys do really. Good point. So, how much of all that is within their articles. You know that is almost PLR in itself isn’t it?

Comment provided February 3, 2007 at 7:52 PM