EzineArticles INBOX Ready For Beta

Exciting News!… The new EzineArticles Inbox messaging system is ready for some stress testing…by YOU. :-)

You can access the system by clicking on your “0 Unread” Messages or from the AUTHOR TOOLS section under “VIEW MY MESSAGES.”

Phase 1 is this blog post about your first invitation to check out the new system so that we can get your feedback & suggestions to improve the reliability, stability and usefulness of the system.

Phase 2 will be phase out the membership CONTACT US form and phase in the EzineArticles Inbox for all Member To Service Provider (us) communications. Instead of filling out a contact-us form to ask us author support questions, you’ll simply compose a new message to us from within your EzineArticles Inbox.

Phase 3 will be integrate a ticket-based email support system to eliminate members from contacting us via email so that all communications are via this new messaging system.

Phase 4 will be the invite that we send to all of our members to come and further stress test it.

Phase 5 will be a surprise…

Jan Verhoeff writes:

I like surprises.

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Ed Howes writes:

Only five messages per hour? Like the auto alphabetizing of the contact list. I truly believe this Email feature will make this blog much more valuable by proving both an avenue for public response and private. Hope somebody finds my message in their bottle.

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 11:38 AM

Edward Weiss writes:

Very nice and professional looking! One thing – it did seem a tad slower getting into the members area. This may or may not be due to the new feature. Or it could just be my computer.

Anyway, nice job and looking forward to using it.

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Ed H,

Congrats on being the first to discover the SEND throttle limits we put in to prevent abuse.

If you don’t like the 5 outbound message limit per hour throttle, do you have a recommendation for what it should be?

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Ed Howes writes:

I have no problem with the 5 message per hour limit. I rarely send five in a day. :-) Today might have been the exception but since you are the only one of five to respond, the limit may have prevented heartbreak.

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 1:19 PM

Trivia for everyone:

Jonathan Farrington gets the distinction of being the first person to ever send an email through our new system.

He did it within an hour of the system going live and before this blog post was even created.

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 1:29 PM

Ed Howes writes:

That Jonathan is one sneaky guy. I bet he’s been staring at his member area screen for the past 24 hours just waiting to be first. :-)

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Steve Hill writes:

Lance must be gutted, he has been out done by a novice.

Lance must be on his travels again.

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 3:51 PM

Hey Everybody; “I GOT MAIL !!!”

How cool is that !

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Jen C writes:

Looking forward to seeing how this one develops … just love the way that you keep on trying new things!

Comment provided February 6, 2007 at 9:28 AM

Arthur Levine writes:

Sounds great. Wish I understood it all. Wil you please follow up with detailed instructions on each phase?

Comment provided February 6, 2007 at 9:45 AM

The phases are more of an explanation of what we’re doing to roll this new service out.

For now, all you need to know is that you can contact other EzineArticles experts and you can contact us for author support via your EzineArticles Inbox.

Comment provided February 6, 2007 at 10:22 AM

Don L. Price writes:

I like it, clean and easy to navigate.

Comment provided February 6, 2007 at 10:46 AM

Toni Star writes:

Looks good; looking forward to seeing how this goes…

Comment provided February 6, 2007 at 10:53 AM

Jerry Goodwin writes:

Looks good, and I am looking forward to the rest of the improvements

Comment provided February 6, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Susan Scharfman writes:

After reading every item I don’t remember a thing I just read. Doctors have me on meds that scramble brains. Thinking of suing them.

I received my first message from Ed and sent off my reply. Neat system – so far. Don’t Q&A me on the rest of it. I can see the potential – I think.

Thanks again Ed.

Comment provided February 6, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Matt Ellsworth writes:

I love it! I just hope that people who are reading my articles will be able to contact me using this.

Comment provided February 6, 2007 at 3:59 PM

Kathleen Gage writes:

Way to go Chris. Always a leader in the field.

Kathleen Gage

Comment provided February 6, 2007 at 10:27 PM

Allen Taylor writes:

It works!

Comment provided February 7, 2007 at 9:34 PM

Phase 2 has been completed.

The members contact us form is gone now and replaced with a COMPOSE an outbound message from the EzineArticles INBOX Messaging system.

For most members, they won’t even notice anything different… and this will give us a chance to introduce them to the messaging system while they are contacting us for any issue.

We’re still working on getting a SIG line field and a PREVIEW feature for the default messaging system.

Comment provided February 13, 2007 at 1:10 PM

Susan Scharfman writes:

:-) Chris: Everything you do is an innovative surprise. So what can number 5 be? Hmmm??

Comment provided February 16, 2007 at 5:25 PM