About 9 emails came in asking for clarification as to whether we accept book reviews by the author themselves? After much consideration, here’s our opinion and policy going forward:
- We will not accept book reviews by the author of the book, themselves.
- We will not accept book reviews written by 3rd parties and submitted by the author of the book that is being reviewed.
While we know this won’t be a popular decision with the promotional nature of our site, the decision is designed to encourage honest reviews by an objective party. That said, if authors want to send copies of their books to other EzineArticles experts and encourage them to submit book reviews, that’s fine… but the review should be done by a non-blood relative.
- We will also not accept nasty book reviews that are designed to save a consumer from buying the book or seek to destroy or dilute the credibility of the author of the book. Those are better left for your blog and not in a syndicatable article.
- We will accept book reviews that mentions a negative or who the book might not be for, provided that’s not the theme of the book review. If you hated the book, we prefer to not see your book review here.
- Help us out by only reviewing real books or real ebooks. We must be able to find a copy for sale of the book or ebook being reviewed.
- Sorry, we don’t provide book reviews for your book. Best way to get them if you are an author is to ask your clients or give away copies to influential people and ask for a review.