On a daily basis, we respond to about 175-250 author support email queries. Yesterday, I took a 36 hour span of incoming author support queries and responded to them myself so I could get a feel for what our author support team does every day.
I was first amazed that I couldn’t go faster than 18-24 email replies per hour… no matter how focused or fast I typed or copy and pasted templated responses…due to the complexity of the decision making process when researching and responding to various issues.
Currently, there are 3 ways that our members can contact us:
(listed from MOST preferred to LEAST preferred:)
1) Logged in your membership account and using the CONTACT US form (or soon the EzineArticles INBOX) to contact us.
This is the best way because we include information in the emails that tell us many of the key variables about your situation that you may fail to include so that we can help you faster.
2) The public CONTACT US form.
This is usually because the member/author can’t log in or doesn’t want to log in to ask a question. These take longer to respond because they require more research time.
3) The Support @ EzineArticles email address.
Most of these emails come in as a reply to an auto-generated email sent to our members based on various transactions (such as a new article submission acceptance acknowledgement, an updated photo or bio upload acknowledgement, etc). Often times emails that are sent to us via the support @ alias are pushy, asking us to speed along and get something done for the author. Being that these are often the easiest for the member to snap off to us, they are often very careless about the content in their emails. This email type is also used when a private thread spawns between us and the member about a particular problem.
As the new web ticket tracking system becomes implemented, this option to contact us via email will disappear.
Here are some ways to help us support you faster:
- Put the Article ID that you are asking a problem about so that we don’t have to look it up by article title. This saves us 30-300 seconds.
- Give as much detail in every email as possible.
- Don’t assume there is only (1) person in author support and that he or she remembers every issue in their head. :)
- If we flagged an article as a PROBLEM ARTICLE with GENERAL being the reason, then go read our editorial guidelines and see if you can figure out what the problem is before asking us to tell you.
- If you’re in the BASIC level of membership, know that we will never upgrade your account if you have articles that are in a PROBLEM STATUS. I saw this several times yesterday and was surprised. Work to resolve issues first…then ask for upgrade love.
We’re not a customer intimacy-based model; We are an operationally-efficient model: That means, we don’t become intimate with every word of every article you write…nor do we invest the resources to give lovingly long email replies or personal phone calls. We’re short and to the point so we can get on to the next email reply; but not because we’re mad or upset with you. Yes, of course we love you.