Where The Articles Originate

While we’re very honored to host expert authors from over 177 unique countries or locations, here are the top 6 countries where our members live:

68% of all articles come from the top 15 countries… and the runner ups for the other 9 countries include Malaysia (.7%), Ireland (.6%), England (.6%), Spain (.6%), New Zealand (.5%), South Africa (.5%), Romania (.5%), Philippines (.4%), Uruguay (.4%).

Pamela Beers writes:

Interesting. I thought there were more from Canada. Neat graph. I guess we just blather more in the U.S.A. ;-)

Comment provided January 31, 2007 at 2:01 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Nice pie chart. It’s no surprise to me that the U.S. is #1 for article submissions. We’re first in the world for most things. Why not this? Say what you want about us, innovation is one quality the U.S. leads in bar none.

Comment provided January 31, 2007 at 2:32 PM

S Hill writes:

I am a writer from the UK. I have written over 450 articles on EzineArticles.

Are there any authors located in the UK who have written more articles than myself?

I try to write an average of seven articles per week. I know that this is not exactly that impressive but I aim to write for many more years to come and do not want to burn myself out.

It does definately work as one form of web promotion but I think it is important not to build your backward links too quickly.

Comment provided January 31, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

I was just wondering how the breakdown is in the states.

I don’t know of many other people from Colorado who write articles for marketing purposes. Although I’ve taught a couple of classes in Article Marketing at various online business meetings in the area.

I’m always amazed at the number of people who are actually running an online business with no ideas of how to market their business online.

Comment provided February 1, 2007 at 12:00 AM

The United States of America is the Greatest Nation ever created in all the written recorded history of mankind. I just thought everyone should know that. Now then, it is also great to see other nations sharing their culture, information, ideas, concepts and business ventures with all of us.

In doing so we can learn all the wonderful things that make their countries so great too. Without this how will the world know? It appears that the United Nations has nothing on EzineArticles.com as it is practically the UN of online articles for the World.

The participation across the globe shows that the gap is being divided and that the World is moving closer and closer together each and every day. We live in exciting times indeed. Joining together in a common cause of online article authoring shows that the differences may not be so great after all.

It is excellent to see that so many others feel the same way about their countries as I do about mine. The cultural exchange here on this website is a testement to the strength of all who belong to the EzineArticle.com community. I personally am overwhelmed by it all and look forward to reading the best articles from people of all walks, nationalities and cultures around the World. Awesome!

Comment provided February 1, 2007 at 12:16 AM

Let’s not get into any debates over who has the best country…

EzineArticles.com lives in a world without borders and we all benefit from the lessons that can be learned from friends all over our planet.

Please keep future comments on-topic. Thanks!

Comment provided February 1, 2007 at 11:01 AM

I noticed on this graph the largest segment of the pie was taken up by those authors in the United States of America. I could not help but notice this and wonder if it may perhaps be due to the incredible freedom of the press and freedoms we have and the creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and enlightenment it inspires? What do you think about that?

Also a point that this website is currently in English Only and thus populations like China 1.3 Billion people are not represented to the degree that perhaps they should be. So, graphically speaking that is an issue.

Indeed a greater marketing effort might be made to introduce this site to other nation’s writers? What is currently being done?

Comment provided February 1, 2007 at 9:37 PM

Steve Hill writes:

I would have thought there would have been a few more authors from Australia and New Zealand.

The USA, people have to remember has a much higher population than many of the other countries mentioned.

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 2:44 AM

Yes, I agree THOSE USA PEOPLE need to understand that they are the third most populated country on the Planet. Yet india and china are not showing up like they should. And so, wonder why? I think the only reason I noticed the USA on that pie chart is that it is in RED and elevated higher than the rest to make it look conspicuous. Otherwise I would never have noticed the shear dominance that THOSE USA PEOPLE have. Huh?

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 6:23 AM

The China not being represented issue is most likely because our site is not in their language…

Yet their young people all pretty much know English, right?

What’s interesting about Aussie land is that they have significantly fewer authors than India, yet they produce more than twice as many articles than their Indian counterparts… but I think this is because of language issues.

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 7:32 AM

Steve Hill writes:

The aussies must be promoting their websites in other ways

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 9:57 AM

Edward Weiss writes:

For the Aussies:

Throw another article on the barbie. :)

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Steve Hill writes:

Lance is your wife now writing articles, a lady with your surname is firmly placed on the expert authors list?

If not, I apologise Mrs Winslow but your surname is treated and respected godlike in article marketing circles.

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 4:05 PM

Steve, no this is not my wife, but I must say her articles are excellent. I have read many of them. She sure does a lot of research on them. I believe Mary Anne Winslow is in England and wow she has some 286 articles now.

For some reason there are a lot of Winslows’ in the Writing World. I note many Winslow Publishing Groups too, in fact I am related thru family to two that I know of here in the US. I see many Academia papers with this last name. It appears that genetically speaking their must be some displacement to seek knowledge, understanding or expression? Who knows. Interesting stuff.

How about the last name “Hill” you know there are many writers, researchers, scientists with that name too. Actually I even have some Hills’ in my family tree; http://www.carwashguys.com/founderancestry.pdf
See page 4; Mary “Polly” Hill. Well I guess we are all related, just depends on how far back you look?

Comment provided February 2, 2007 at 5:06 PM

Steve Hill writes:

How would you like to attend my wedding Lance, seen as we are in fact brothers, you could be an usher?

Comment provided February 3, 2007 at 3:12 PM

Steve, Why that is very good of you my Dear Sir, I am always telling people to have a seat and I will allow questions afterwards. But you must understand that I am not qualified to tell people where to sit, as I understand you have to wear a suit and tie for that job, I own niether. Must be that West Coast Entrepreneurial spirit?

Thanks for the invite. I am much better at receptions however!!!

Comment provided February 3, 2007 at 8:17 PM

Steve Hill writes:

No problem Lance.

Comment provided February 4, 2007 at 9:34 AM

Maybe it is time to usher in a new era of International Diplomacy thru online article writing? Everyone take your seat the program is about to begin. We are gathered here today… for this thing called life.

Comment provided February 5, 2007 at 6:24 PM

Victor Ezeaku writes:

Ezine is my greatest discovery in 2006. Although I have not yet utilize the potentials which ezine have as regards to marketing my website, I will try and do so this year.

I will also like to use this opportunity to invite Africans to write and submit quality and original articles to Ezine.

More Cudos to US

Comment provided February 7, 2007 at 6:38 PM

Kirk McDonough writes:

Not that it matters much, but shouldn’t England be part of the UK numbers?

Comment provided February 8, 2007 at 10:41 AM

While the United Kingdom is a political union made up of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland…. some people insist that they are from England and others insist that they are from the UK as if the two were separate countries.

For now, we’re going to treat them as separate countries even though they are not.

Personally, I’d prefer that ever author from the UK would list the country from within the UK that they are from, but we’ve already visited this issue and have given all UK authors the choice to either be from the country they are really from or the political union umbrella that the rest of the world may know they are from.

Comment provided February 9, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Shouldn’t England be part of the EU said the Frenchman in the Lue?

Comment provided February 9, 2007 at 7:11 PM