The I Love Article Template

Who can argue with love? :X

Here is a template you can use for your next set of articles…and I call it the “I Love Article Template” because it’s all about sharing something you love (or have a passion for) with others and telling them why you love it… and by doing so, you inspire the reader to connect with you or validate their own interests on the things or people they love.

This template can be done in many ways and today, I’m going to share 2 ways with you:

The “I Love” Article Template #1

Article Title: Should include the keyword and/or key phrase of the topic you love along with the 3, 5, 7, 9 etc… reasons why you love it.

Article Body:

Intro paragraph of why the reader should be as excited or as passionate as you are about the topic you’re writing about.

1) I love ____________ [insert the thing you love]

Reason: [insert the reason why you love it]

2) I love ____________ [insert the thing you love]

Reason: [insert the reason why you love it]

3) I love ____________ [insert the thing you love]

Reason: [insert the reason why you love it]

4) I love ____________ [insert the thing you love]

Reason: [insert the reason why you love it]

5) I love ____________ [insert the thing you love]

Reason: [insert the reason why you love it]

Conclusion/Summary wrap up

Example of use:

Tivo HD Series3 DVR rocks – 4 Things I Love About This Digital Video Recorder

The moment you have a high-resolution or high-definition (HD) monitor at home or work, you’ll immediately want to have an dual-tuner HD Tivo receiver. Here are the 4 things that I love about the Tivo Series3 HD Digital Video Recorder (DVR):

1) I love the Tivo Series3 HD DVR because it comes standard with dual-tuners.

Reason: I can record two shows at once while watching a 3rd show that has already been recorded for me.

2) I love the Tivo Series3 HD DVR because it’s the first Tivo to record in HD (High Definition).

Reason: Watching SD (Standard Definition, 480p) on a hi-resolution flat panel TV or monitor is really the pits when compared to 1080i resolution.

3) I love the Tivo Series3 HD DVR because of the new Series3 remote control that comes with the device.

Reason: It’s more intuitive, has less buttons so I don’t confuse them in the dark and is easier to use.

4) I love the Tivo Series3 HD DVR because it’s the quietest running Tivo I’ve ever owned.

Reason: It won’t keep you up at night listening to a hard drive whine.

Summary:

The Tivo Series3 HD DVR is the best in the industry because it gives you, the viewer, more choices, greater control and in a higher-resolution than you’ve ever had before with any previous generation Tivo device. Try the Series3 Tivo and I know you will love it!

[insert my resource box here, etc…]

The “I Love” Article Template #2

Another way to do this template is with an action/challenge included in it:

I love [insert the thing you love] because [insert the reason why].

Challenge your reader to take one step of action to get closer to the thing you love or how to get more of it.

I love [insert the thing you love] because [insert the reason why].

I love [insert the thing you love] because [insert the reason why].

Conclusion/Summary wrap up

[insert my resource box here, etc…]

Example of use:

Tivo HD Series3 DVR rocks – 4 Things I Love About This Digital Video Recorder

The moment you have a high-resolution or high-definition (HD) monitor at home or work, you’ll immediately want to have your own dual-tuner HD Tivo receiver. Here are the 4 things that I love about the Tivo

Series3 HD Digital Video Recorder (DVR) and how you can get in on the HD action:

I love the Tivo Series3 HD DVR because it comes standard with dual-tuners and that allows me to record two shows at once while watching another show I already recorded.

You can also get dual-tuner option in non-HD in Tivo’s Series2 tuners. This is a great way to get the Series3 Tivo advantage without the HD price.

I love the Tivo Series3 HD DVR because it’s the first Tivo to record in HD (High Definition) and that higher resolution means a much more vivid/crisp viewing experience that even your friends will envy.

HD means you will get up to 1080 lines of resolution compared to 480 lines of resolution in non HD tuners. Life is short and you deserve HD tv, don’t you?

I love the Tivo Series3 HD DVR because of the new Series3 remote control that comes with the device that has fewer buttons and is easier to use in the dark.

How many times have you fumbled your old Tivo remote or pressed the wrong buttons at night in the dark? The newly designed Series3 Tivo remote will make you into an remote king or queen without any accidents.

If you have ever found yourself waking up at 3am in the morning because you can’t sleep due to the loud hard drive in your current Tivo DVR, then this may be the best reason of all to upgrade now to the Series3 Tivo.

Summary:

[insert my resource box here, etc…]

NOTES:-) The two sample articles are only a brief example to show you how the template might be used and obviously, I’d have to drive the word count up to meet our 400 word minimum.

-) There are plenty of ways you could twist this template to fit your needs, but I challenge you to give it a try for yourself.

-) You can change the voice around so it’s more about “YOU” the reader instead of me “I” the writer.

Any additional thoughts or comments on the “I LOVE” article template?

Love this template? You have so much knowledge and many experiences to share with the world! Make ten times easier with EzineArticles’ Article Templates. Get the original 52 Article Templates or pick your own Article Template Packages.

This post was updated on Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 2:23 PM CST.

Hmm. I wrote an article like this one and submitted it to EzineArticles very recently. It was something like, “Six Reasons Why I Love Being a Virtual Copywriter.”

I lifted the content from an old blog post of mine. Someone came by and gave my article a poor rating. So then I thought, hmm, why would they do that? Maybe this is “more like a blog post and less like an article?”

So, I deleted it.

Maybe when people write their “I Love” articles, they can go back later on and delete all the “I Loves” so that they may turn their work into an actual product review. And maybe I could do that with my “Six Reasons Why I Love Being a Virtual Copywriter” article, huh?

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Lisa Crisalle writes:

Chris: This is really great! Thank you for setting up a quick (and time appropriate) template that anyone can use. Anything that makes my life easier – is a wonderful tool!!

Lisa

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Dina,

Often single article ratings are more of a reflection of the person doing the rating than the content or the author of the article.

Now, if 7 or more people all gave you a single poor rating, well…

I came up with this “I Love” article template idea today for 2 reasons:

Reason #1) I’m tired of hatred or violence inducing articles. If I read one more “I hate this or that” type article, I’m going to puke. Where is the love I ask?

Reason #2) I was going to encourage everyone to figure out where their niche intersects with Valentines day and get writing an article about that but this love template idea ooozed out first.

What would be really cool is if a person wrote 7-27 reasons why they love something as that would really be “GOING DEEP”!

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 2:12 PM

Claire Racine writes:

Thanks Christopher. All your templates have been of great value to me, as I am new to writing articles.
I personally love those who create helpful and valuable things which make us all wealthy. You are one of those people, and I am glad to know you and learn from you.
You have helped me to better structure my ideas and writing to bring value to others, which I always hope to do. It will also make my website better.
So, lots of love, admiration and warm hugs to you.
Thanks for being who you are, and doing what you do. That is priceless.

Cassandra writes:

I love your template; it opened up a whole new line of thought for me.

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Debbie LaChusa writes:

Great idea Chris!

As a marketer, I LOVE :-) the idea of tying into a trend or something going on in the world.
What a great way to tie in with Valentines Day, regardless of the business you are in.

It’s a great PR angle. And now you’ve just create a great article marketing angle. Kudos!

Now I’ve got to get to work on an article or two that share 10 reasons why I love ….. hmmm – well, I still need to figure out WHAT I want to write my “I Love” articles about.

Debbie

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Cool idea. I’m lovin’ it. Oh wait, that’s McDonald’s. I’m going to give this article marketing love thing a whirl…just the inspiration I needed today. Thanks, Chris.

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Tinu writes:

Rocking idea as usual. It’s like a meme but for Articles. Maybe it could be a Valentine’s Day meme too?

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 2:47 PM

Kenneth Hoffman writes:

I’ll submit an article which I think embodies the spirit of your new promotion.
Ken Hoffman

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 2:51 PM

Marc writes:

What a great idea! I LOVE IT! lol!

Gotta write my article now. Thank you very much for this inspirational template.

Gratitute, Marc.

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Kathryn Lively writes:

Per your e-mail, I have written my three “I Love” articles!

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 3:31 PM

Steve Hill writes:

Great idea, maybe you should set up a new site Chris called loveEzineArticles to avoid all of the negativity!

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 3:44 PM

Chris,

You don’t have to leave my comments here on line because if I am making sense to you it is for you personally, and not for everybody. But I wanted you to know about your sentence construction.

It might be nice if you wrote this last sentence from your article to be more clear to readers. I love clear writing! And I love helping out with things for people of value.

Your line: If you haven’t experienced the Series3 Tivo, I know you won’t be disappointed.

The referent is not clear. Will I not be disappointed that I have not experienced the Series3 Tivo? Will I be disappointed that I have not experienced the Tivo when I have experienced it? If I have not experienced the Tivo 3 will I now be happy when I have experienced it?

It’s also interesting that you use the double negative sentence when you are trying to write about being positive in writing an article. This is what we psychologists call the unconscious sliping in unconsciously.

The sentences contain two negatives. A double negative is confusing to people because usually one negative is used to contrast with the opposite as a positive.

Here you seem to make two negatives to equal a positive. Maybe technically it ends up clear, but it has to be figured out and is not simple and clear, which a punch line should be, don’t you agree?

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 3:57 PM

Strephon,

If I may play Devil’s Advocate:

Your points are valid, it’s true. But on the other hand, at least he got the blog post out.

Too many writers labor over the tiniest details until they make themselves crazy. The worst is when THREE people get together and take weeks quibbling over the semantics of what should be a relatively quick project. Good lord! Just get it OUT!

(That wasn’t directed at you, Strephon, but rather a spinoff rant).

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 4:23 PM

What a cool subject; I love it!

You know last year I did two series having to do with the “Love Theme” and it was fun too.

One was; “Read this Article if you Love…” and I must have done 50 or so. For example; Read this article if you Love Sushi, Your Family, Your Dog, Your Cat, Your Life, Yourself, Great Weather, Chocolate, Starbucks, Ice Cream, et.

The other series I did was the “I Love” series about 25 of those articles. I love to Fly, I love You, I Love Life, etc.

Of course being the balanced person that I am I have done “I Hate” series too. I hate Bureaucracy, taxes, Evil Doers, International Terrorists, Pollution, etc.

I have more fun doing the “I Love Series” and another interesting series I did was the “I Believe in You” series mostly self help motivational stuff. Those were fun too. The “I Believe in” series was good. Anyway, I believe in writing in series of articles an the “Love Theme” should be evergreen in your life as those articles certainly are over time on the Internet.

Anyway, great topic today. I just Love EzineArticles.com

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 5:01 PM

CJ Allan writes:

I LOVE the idea… and will try to use it as I think you intended… to “free-wheel”… to write in a new-to-me way.

CJ

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 5:08 PM

Ed Howes writes:

Dina, Dina, Dina,

A one star rating is a badge of honor. I know why I got the few I have and it makes me smile every time I notice ratings. Do you suppose some copywriter out there might be jealous of your passion and had to rain on your parade? We must love them too! :-)

Strephon,

Excellent observations. Thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy your observations.

One Hundred Reasons Why I Hate Love! :-)

1.) It causes people to overlook their proper place in life.

2.) It cuts into profits and dividends.

3.) It makes people difficult to control and manipulate.

4.) It takes people’s minds off their work.

5.) It makes politics tolerable.

6.) It is a major factor in overpopulation.

7.) Valentine’s Day. Bah Humbug!

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Myhox writes:

Hi Ed Howes !
Your comment is really nice. i would also like to follows your some rules to write nice article.

Hey Ed, quit making me smile and laugh! You big love.

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 6:22 PM

Strephon,

Thanks for pointing out my sentence structure mistakes.

I’m going to edit the above blog entry right now and fix it. I appreciate the correction. :-)

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 6:56 PM

I was just about to work on my ezine for Feb when this came through – it will definitely influence my next e-zine.

Cynthia

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Terry writes:

What a fantastic idea. I just sat down to write an article and thought I would check my email First.

Glad I did because there was your email with this great Idea.

Terry

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 7:23 PM

Susan Scharfman writes:

Strephon:
Would you care to comment on the following musings of mensa member and former Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld, who was commenting on Iraq. I think everyone appreciates clear writing, but then there are so many things I think I know, that maybe I don’t know.

“The Unknown

As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don’t know
We don’t know.”

Well I’m off on the Love Boat to find out what I know I know I love.

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 7:46 PM

Hey Strephon,

You said: “unconscious sliping in unconsciously”

Did you mean: “unconscious slipping in unconsciously”

Touch©, eh? :]

Perhaps in your act of kindness, you unconsciously mis-spelled the word “slipping” so I wouldn’t feel bad for making the mistake I made.

In my case, I was unconsciously incompetent and now I am consciously incompetent on this issue, but thankfully I’m surrounded by very consciously competent members and editors.

I love psychology and even considered majoring in it, but alas, I choose Sales & Marketing for my college life.

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 7:51 PM

Ed Howes writes:

Susan,

Since Donald left his post, Dick Cheny has become the knower behind the decider. I love that quote and have distilled it for those who do not. “We don’t know everything but you will never prove it.”

Comment provided January 29, 2007 at 8:20 PM

Chris,

Thanks for pointing out my spelling error. I did look for errors because I knew I would be under scruteny. So the unconscious unconsciously slipped in for me as well.

We can both feel more at home with each other. I hated it when teacher sent me out of the room with two girls to teach me spelling when we were in the sixth grade. Two girls!

I try to be as imperfect as possible, but I am not perfect at it.

Actually, your sentence is wonderfully clever and unique, and so does indeed show literary ability and a fine mind. I admired this sentence from the beginning, I really did. Writing is like chess for me. It was the sentence I had my struggle with, not you.

The Web is the biggest publisher in the world now, whatever forms of writing we do. It is all communication, relation and selling something. It is all writing. I enjoy the game.

I don’t see why I ever have to try and publish my writing in paper book form anymore. Let it all be published on the web and bring me readers and money to live on. I am a converted, paper-book writer to a Web interactive, digital writer.

More and more of our life arena happens on the web now.

Comment provided January 30, 2007 at 3:02 AM

Susan, thank you for sharing this from Donald Rumsfield, who wrote:

‚¬“The Unknown

As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don’t know
We don’t know.‚¬

My response is as follows:

‚¬“Love

As we love,
This we know,
There are loved loves.
There are unloved loves.
There are loved un-loves.
We love to love.
We love love.
That is to say,
Love is all
Because we all love.
The unloved do not know
How to love.
The loved can love.
The loved can love
The loved and the unloved
Together.
This is love.
-Strephon‚¬

Thanks again, Susan

Comment provided January 30, 2007 at 3:21 AM

Heather writes:

What a novel idea – I love it! Chris, you’ve really outdone yourself. My mind is swarming with ideas and I’m definitely going to sit myself down and put them on ‘paper’.

Thanks, Chris and have a *sunny* day!

Comment provided January 30, 2007 at 4:29 AM

Steve Hill writes:

I recently wrote an article about my pride about becoming a father, this proved to be very successful.

I might write it again within the new template about why I love being a father. Maybe another about why I love my son.

Perhaps even one on why I love writing articles.

Comment provided January 30, 2007 at 6:28 AM

Chris,

May I ask why you have chosen to have the lyrics of My Favorite Things decorating this blog post? I’m just curious…

Comment provided January 30, 2007 at 9:22 AM

Wally made the graphic and he has a background and degree in music.

I didn’t even catch this until you pointed it out.

Comment provided January 30, 2007 at 10:20 AM

CJ Allan writes:

In regard to the use of “My Favorite Things” lyrics… I must be missing something… I thought it was entirely appropriate in a “things I love” post.

Comment provided January 30, 2007 at 12:55 PM

CJ, no, you’re not missing anything. I was just curious to hear what the team would say if I asked. :)

Maybe it’s Wally’s subtle way of offering music therapy to heal you of your recent bad vibe with “hateful” authors.

“When the dog bites… when the bee stings… when meanspiritedauthorssubmitnegativelywrittenarticles…

I simply remember my favorite things…

(Hoodia, Romance Novels, Email Marketing, whatever)

…and then I don’t feel… so bad!”

Comment provided January 30, 2007 at 3:33 PM

CJ Allan writes:

There I go, taking comments too literally, again! {smile}

CJ

Comment provided January 30, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Best-selling author Sidney Sheldon dies at age 89.

We Love You Sheldon, thank you for a life well lived and the great literature you have shared with all of us.

Comment provided January 30, 2007 at 9:22 PM

…including I DREAM OF JEANNIE!

[was created by Sidney Shedon]

Comment provided January 31, 2007 at 8:13 AM

Roger Carr writes:

Chris,

Thanks for the “I Love” template. I used it for my latest article on the topic of volunteering. That template was a great idea! Now it’s time to write some more articles…

Comment provided March 25, 2007 at 2:11 PM

dexter writes:

Great Idea Chris, keep on rocking

Comment provided February 5, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

When this delightful blog was being written, I was busy building my website.

I am soo excited about this article template. I thought I had read and bookmarked every template EzineArticles has, but I just don’t remember this one.

I love it!

With Many Thanks!

Comment provided May 11, 2009 at 6:40 PM

linda writes:

Thanks for all of the templates Chris. They are very helpful in putting a direction to an article idea and I need that.

Linda

Comment provided May 12, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Thanks for all the template ideas. The tips are so great!

One article is still not accepted, but I hope I can resend it again.
You encourage me a lot!

Comment provided May 19, 2009 at 2:05 AM

shristy writes:

thanks this templets are very helpful :-)

Comment provided October 5, 2010 at 6:54 AM

Denise Chamie writes:

WOW! As the template says, I love EzineArticles. I have never written a thing, I have been reading and studying everything that you have to offer to all of your authors in training. I am going to begin an article with the I Love template and also the Dear Annie template. Thank you for all the comments too. I Love being energized again.

Comment provided July 28, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Vijay Khosla writes:

Chris: The idea of (these) template guidance is simply great! I admire all of them. These templates actually induce you to write.

I appreciate the training being provided through these methods to budding authors like me.

Thanks.