Permission-Based Email List Member Update

The EzineArticles weekly periodic newsletter goes out to 18,500 members (up 5% over previous month, up 74% over same time last year).

The EzineArticles blog email daily alert list goes out to 514 members (up 6.1% over previous month, up 75.4% over same time last year).

The EzineArticles new article daily alerts lists go out to an aggregate of 23,723 members (up 13.5% over previous month, up 275% over same time last year). All together, we sent 470,873 emails to our daily permission-based new email alert members last month.

Of the 323 daily new article email alert lists, the biggest list by membership size is the Self-Improvement: Positive-Attitude group with 269 members. In fact, the Self-Improvement categories have 7 of the top 10 lists in terms of membership size. The highest category by total deliveries is the Internet & Online Businesses general category with 7,581 deliveries.

ian writes:

wow, 75% more subscribers over one year is an amazing feat. any chance you could share some secrets with how to grow a newsletter list that much in so short a time?

Comment provided January 24, 2007 at 10:47 AM

Ian,

To get a list of my favorite top 16 ways to grow an email list, join my free Ezine-Tips list:

Comment provided January 24, 2007 at 11:06 AM

Phil Smith writes:

Chris, to say that those growth statistics are impressive is a huge understatement! You are obviously meeting a significant need of both writers and publishers. Thanks, and keep moving forward!

Comment provided January 24, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Thanks…

We’re investing heavily this year to grow the lists by 5 times because permission-based targeted event-driven email is one of our top strategies to drive pre-qualified traffic back to the site.

Comment provided January 24, 2007 at 12:21 PM

Thanks Chris …

This is wonderful news for authors. I believe that you have created, by far, the most professional and effective article site on the Web today. If this year is an indication, next year is going to be amazing!

Comment provided January 24, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Ed Howes writes:

Lofty Goal Chris. By the time you take this company public, I will not be able to afford your stock at your I.P.O.. Always love your how we are doing posts. Thanks for paying attention! :-)

Comment provided January 24, 2007 at 12:39 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

You know what I’d like to see? Something on ad placement within ezines. For example, I write a weekly ezine that includes an article. Underneath the article is where I place ads for my business – but, I wonder if I placed an at the beginning how it would effect results.

Comment provided January 24, 2007 at 6:38 PM

S Downing writes:

Very impressive stats Chris

Comment provided January 25, 2007 at 2:39 AM

You know these email article alerts are very good and I use them to compile my Favorite Author Lists as I check out new articles each day and I would say on average I scan 20 articles and read about 10-15 every day. It is very excellent and that is how I became an article author, I became a reader first. One day, I said, “Hey, maybe I should write an article or two” and so I did; the rest is history I suppose. Great work Team EzineArticles.

Comment provided January 25, 2007 at 3:18 AM