Judy Cullins – Author Spotlight

Judy CullinsEzineArticles.com Platinum Author Judy Cullins is our inaugural Author Spotlight for 2007.

Judy, a Book and Internet Marketing Coach, utilizes one of the best article generation tactics around – the vanuted Top 7 or Top 10 list. This article template is a favorite of many authors because of the simplicity — It’s an easy way to generate quality articles by simply organizing your thoughts in a sequential numeric order and then expounding upon them.

Another reason Judy was chosen because of her informative articles on a topic near and dear to our own hearts – Article Writing, Marketing and Production:

Top 10 Article Writing and Submission Mistakes That Stop Sales
Top 7 Mistakes and Solutions in Writing and Submitting Articles
Top Seven Tips for Writing Internet Articles Readers Love
Top Ten Great Headline Ideas

If you’re struggling with your article marketing efforts, take a break to give Judy’s articles a gander.

This is wonderful.

I read her articles as well, very helpful.

I must confess that I feel as if I am spinning lately. It is important to sift through everything and realize what should be at the top of my list… articles writing seems to be key.

I do have a question though:

If you plan to write an e-book should you NOT post the info as articles? Tidbits of info or parts of each chapter, that you eventually compile for the e-book?

Comment provided January 11, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Kathy:

If the e-book is free, then I’d say it’s okay to recycle articles – as in, “Here, folks… a free compilation of my articles, all in one place!” (I’ve done that with my own copywriting articles on many an occasion). (Or, vice-versa – take an e-book that you gave away and chop it up into articles.)

If it’s an e-book that people pay for, I’d write original content for the e-book. Original content can in fact be pulled from content that you’ve already written, but you’ve got to just use the basic concepts and then completely retool it for a new audience – so, that involves a ton of editing.

I just don’t think people would be pleased if they came to my website and read all my articles, then forked over cash for an e-book thinking it’d be something new, only to find that they’d already read what I had sold them. Now, if you TELL THEM flat out, “you’re buying a collection of my articles that are sprinkled around the web…” well, I feel that’s acceptable, but you have to TELL THEM.

Always be honest.

I talked to someone about this on the EzineArticles blog already. Dang it, I don’t know who… Kathy, was it you!?

Comment provided January 11, 2007 at 3:02 PM

You know in reading her articles, all I can say is “She is Right on the Money!” It would be wise if you wish to crank up your article marketing results to listen to her experience and wisdom. I wish I knew about her when I first started. Boy was that a lot of trial and error I went thru. Merely to learn what I just saw in only the first 10-articles of hers that I read. I cannot imagine the juicy tid-bits of information one might get from one or more of her 13 books. – Lance

Oh and yes you can quote me on that.

Comment provided January 11, 2007 at 3:29 PM

Dr.Q writes:

I might not be a writer but I can sure read all the article to help my site grow.
Dr.Q

Comment provided January 11, 2007 at 4:09 PM

Dina, Lance,

Exactly what I needed!

It all feels so overwhelming sometimes. I am.

Comment provided January 11, 2007 at 4:20 PM

You know I agree with Dina that if you compile all your articles into eBooks that it simply is not right to sell the eBooks. I know in the current 94 Books or eBooks I am writing much of the content is done of course some 3 million words contained in previously written articles.

Lately, I have put together introductions to the books and in writing them I see that although much of the content will be compilations of articles, there will need to be bleed in content, chapter intros and I also plan on including drawings, sketches and pictures to help better illustrate the points and Introductions and essays to each chapter.

Thus I feel it fair to sell them at a nominal amount or dress them up with co-authors to really make them worthy of paper book formats. My thoughts are this; Find as many ways to get the information out there as you can, that make sense. So, employing multiple strategies such as;

1.) Article Marketing first and Foremost (online and Print)

2.) Forums and Blogs

3.) Ezine subscription based

4.) eBooks

5.) Social Networking, back-linking, etc.

6.) Interviews, Radio, TV, Speeches

7.) Referral based word of mouth and Grass Roots

8.) Coupons

9.) Partnering, Strategic Alliances, etc.

I would say that you should put your efforts in any business where it will do the most good. So in the case of Kathy’s art. Loaning art with price tags and business cards on the frames to Hotels, Time Shares, Restaurants, travel centers, airport lobbies, visitor bureaus, real estate offices, chambers of commerce.

Plus writing articles for print in Tourist information material, newspapers, magazines, also post them online. Collections of poetry or articles in eBooks compilations, in various categories; Seasonal ‚¬“Holiday Poetry,‚¬ ‚¬“Island Poetry,‚¬ ‚¬“Best Poetry of 2007‚¬ mix and match compilations to give away. And Illustrated eBooks with poetry for each picture. Also a weekly or monthly ezine with the latest sculptures, progress, art, etc.

Grass roots; Flyers on Pizza Boxes, Art Exhibits, flyers at Chamber, visitors centers, inserts in visitor information, A-Frame Signage, Roadside signs with web-address ‚¬“this highway adopted by KathyArt.com, etc.

What is so great about Judy Cullins advice is that she is right and everyone should invest in reading her articles or reading her books in my opinion. It sure beats the hard way. (this post is made up of random thoughts, just thinking out loud, my articles on marketing are much more easy to follow)

Comment provided January 11, 2007 at 6:18 PM

Lance,

I will read this over and over and post it on my bulletin board.

I will ACT on it.

A direction gives such relief!

I am blessed with friends who have helped me on my way, thank you for being one of them.

Comment provided January 11, 2007 at 7:43 PM

andy writes:

i also agree with Kathy Ostman-Magnusen not only has this helped me insight me and who i am on the inside
but there is one other thing that really helped me it is how to become a millionare in just a few minutes
visit my site for more info

Comment provided January 19, 2007 at 7:39 PM

Andy, Just so you know, I tried to download your free info and got:

Error 404 – Not Found

Maybe there is a glitch?

Comment provided January 20, 2007 at 11:30 AM