We warmly welcome and invite you to be an active participant in the blog discussion threads!
In order to have some civility and order to the blog discussion, here are some guidelines we use to moderate the discussion:
1) DESIRE TO ADD VALUE: Your blog comments or questions should have a desire to ADD VALUE to the discussion, be relevant, and meaningful to the discussion.
2) WORD COUNT: Please be respectful of everyone’s time by keeping your comments brief (such as under 500-750 words or less).
3) BE KIND: Personal attacks (direct and passive aggressive) and flame wars will not be tolerated. We are a professional business forum and expect everyone who participates to keep a “cool head” when the passion of a discussion becomes heated. We will not allow comments that constitute a racial or sexual slur against any person or groups of people.
4) POSITIVE TONE: This business blog discussion is not a democracy or freedom of speech blog. It is our intention to keep the focus and tone on a positive upbeat manner that encourages learning, discussion, respectful debate, and knowledge sharing.
5) YOUR NAME LINKED UP: You get to list your NAME and (1) WEBSITE URL with each post and our blog software will automatically remember this information each time you post. Your website URL will be linked up to your NAME, as is for standard blog comment etiquette. Sorry, we won’t allow keyword stuffing or the use of targeted keywords for your “NAME” field link.
6) SIG LINES: We will NOT ALLOW SIG LINES WITH LINKS below your comments. They will be removed if you add them. We consider adding SIG lines with URL’s as ‘double dipping’ because you already received an active link to your name in each comment. Our goal is “one link:one post” with this policy. You can include a title or a closing salutation, but no self-serving active links or sales pitches please.
7) 3RD PARTY MATERIALS: It is ok to link to relevant 3rd party websites, but affiliate links are not allowed. The rel=”NOFOLLOW” tag will be used for all 3rd party relevant website links given by any commenter.
8) You may not copy and paste private emails you received from someone else in your blog comments. This is bad form and not tolerated. It’s a privacy issue.
9) MODERATION: New commentors are moderated for their first post and then will be allowed to automatically post without initial moderation; but given enough time, all comments are reviewed by one of our blog moderators to ensure quality and relevancy in the discussion.
10) Remember that your blog comments are not editable after you make them…so don’t say anything you wouldn’t mind knowing will be online for a very long time.
11) Comments from “Blog Trolls” will be deleted. A troll is someone who posts garbage to bait a discussion or they only are interested in promoting their website or their client’s website; also known as “comment spammers”.
12) Keep your language relatively clean. Our anti-comment spam software may not even accept your comment if you swear in it.
13) We reserve the right to delete comments for any reason at any time and to do so without explanation. We may delete comments which attack us or our authors, publishers, members, friends, colleagues, heroes, or admirers.
14) SPELLING/GRAMMAR: We reserve the right to fix common spelling and grammar mistakes, including sentence structure or punctuation, but do not guarantee that we will catch or fix any mistakes that you make. We use American English as our standard, but will normally allow all variations of ENGLISH words in this blog, provided that they are spelled properly in your native English dialect. Sorry, we do not accept comments in non-English languages.
15) AGREEMENT: By submitting your comments to the EzineArticles.com Blog, you grant us permission to republish your comment(s) without restriction, notification, or compensation. You acknowledge that you alone are fully responsible for each comment you make, including inaccuracies or potentially libelous statements. You will retain copyright to all comments posted on this blog. You agree to not disclose proprietary or confidential information. You grant us the right in perpetuity to use, alter, and/or display your comments however we see fit. Lastly, you agree that we may change our blog comment policies at any time and without notice to you for any reason.
16) VALID EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED: Every comment must include a valid email address. Your email address will be kept private unless you make your NAME as your email address or you include your email address in your blog comments (this is a practice we don’t recommend).
17) SUBSCRIBING TO COMMENTS VIA EMAIL: By default, when you leave a comment, you will receive email notifications every time a new comment is left on any blog entry that you commented on. You can unsubscribe at any time. We respect your privacy and will never sell or rent your email address.
18) Blog Comment Reprint Rights: No permission is granted to use any comment in this blog outside of this blog without the written permission by the person who posted the blog comment.
19) Blog RSS Feed Syndication Policy: If you have a relevant article writing and/or marketing audience that could benefit from the EzineArticles.com Blog discussion, you may syndicate our blog RSS feed only on your website (and/or for your personal non-commercial use), but you may not syndicate the full blog post for each entry…only the title, summary and link that is included in the RSS feed may be used. You may not syndicate any of the blog comments feeds as these are for personal RSS reader use only. We may revoke at any time for any reason the right to syndicate our blog RSS feed if we feel your use is not appropriate in our sole determination.
(c) COPYRIGHT 2007 by CHRISTOPHER M. KNIGHT & EZINEARTICLES.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this blog comment policy may be lifted or used without written permission.