Twas The Knight Before Christmas

‘Twas The Knight Before Christmas, EzineArticles Style
By Former EzineArticles Managing Editor, Wally

‘Twas the night before Christmas, at EzineArticles.com,
Not an Expert Author was submitting, the servers were calm;
The bandwidth was ready, should an article appear,
Perhaps from an International Author, perhaps from Tangier.

The editors were nestled all snug by their desks,
While the dev team was sleeping, algorithms in their heads;
And Chris in his office and I in mine,
were doing year end reports and reviews to sign.

When out in the lobby there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my office to see what was the matter;
Opening the door I flew like a flash;
Right down the hallway length did I dash.

The lights in the lobby on an EzineArticle Mug,
Something…er…something, anyone know a Doug?;
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but a BMW tricked out with a lot of gear.

When the driver hopped out, it was such a site,
I knew in a moment it must be St. Knight!
More rapid than a fast web page load his team out came,
And he whistled and shouted and called them by name;

“Now Tammy! Now Abby, Now Rick, Chad and Tracy,
On Jason, On Kiyohe, On Holly, Kirk and Casey!
From the Start of the Blog, To the End of the Forum,
Let’s go approve those articles, with lots of decorum!”

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
That EzineArticles.com Team, jumped to their PCs with a cry.
Affiliate links, PLR and bad articles away they did blew,
Creating more support and contact us emails, for me later to do.

And then, in a keystroke, I heard an editor call,
“We have another affiliate link”, I heard them all bawl.
As I drew in my head, affiliate marketers I did curse,
Down the hallway St. Knight came looking no worse.

He was dressed all in Nike, and shorts did he wear,
Rather odd I thought, for Wisconsin December air.
A bundle of Dell notebooks he had flung on his back,
Luckily for his cardio, he gave not a hack.

His eyes how they twinkled, as he removed the PLR,
Those promotional articles, they couldn’t reach the bar;
His droll little smirk, making bad articles decline,
Approving the good ones, even with an ascending hairline.

He turned to his notebook and opened the lid,
Making sure to use a Firefox browser as he did;
A blog post he set about to all EzineArticles authors,
Saying thank you for 2006 and many more years to follow.

“The articles you’ve sent, have helped grow this community,
They bring joy, information, answers and unity.
As we end 2006, 300,000 plus articles approved;
I look forward to next year so this community can improve.”

And thanks to our editors and our development team,
This great group of people I hold in esteem.”
He finished his blog post and then he hit send;
Double checking his spelling, so as not to amend.

He sprang to his beemer, the door unlock engaging,
and away he did flew like a beeper a paging.
But I heard him exclaim ‘ere he drove out of site;
“Happy Holidays to all, and your article submissions I invite!

Hope you enjoyed this parody!

To fill in the blanks for those we may have lost in this little story, when Wally mentioned “Chris”, he meant the other Chris who leads our dev team and not myself…herein referred to as “St. Knight”… as if, but I digress. Also not included in the story (not on purpose, but we couldn’t figure out an easy way to work everyone in) but I did want to give a mention that Rick and Chad are in the dev team and April is our Accounting Manager. As small as our team is, everyone’s role is critical to the success of the project.

Edward Weiss writes:

When I got to the part about the Dell notebooks, I thought they were Xmas gifts for the staff. :)

Nice poem.

Comment provided December 23, 2006 at 10:36 PM

Wow, that would have been a very nice Christmas gift. :-)

We have been outfitting select members of our team with Dell notebooks & Verizon Express Cards so they can time/place shift their work when needed.

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 6:46 AM

Gary Simpson writes:

Wally,

You should change your name to Bic Pentameter. Then you could say: “I am Bic Pentameter.”

Too cryptic? Oh well…

Merry X-mas.

Gary

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 7:12 AM

pmaillet writes:

How clever! How hilarious!

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 7:32 AM

Thank you. Merci beaucoup. It reminds me that what I prefer in writing articles is to add fun to them. Obviously, I’m not the only one. Joyeux No«l.

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 7:35 AM

Jaks Lloyd writes:

Wonderful Wally, have you got one ready for the New Year?

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 8:57 AM

Audrey Okaneko writes:

Wally,

Wow, you are quite a writer. That was truly adorable.

Happy Holidays to the entire staff…..oh and Abby, I saw the mug on your desk in the photo Chris put online. I loved seeing you too had a matching mug :)

Audrey

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 9:03 AM

Thank you for your wonderful original holiday message. What a pleasant and JOYous surprise.

Please know I am thrilled to be part of EzineArticles.com. May I take this opportunity to thank you also for my ezinEzineArticles.com MUG! I am so proud of it, I may string a rope through the handle and wear it as a necklace–After I remove it as decoration on my tree.

I feel so special!

Happy Healthy Holiday to you and your great staff. And Happy New Year!

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 9:07 AM

Chris King writes:

What fun! I love working with all of you!
Chris

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 9:36 AM

Wally, you’re multi-talented! This is awesome. My favorite, laugh out loud lines:

“The editors were nestled all snug by their desks,
While the dev team was sleeping, algorithms in their heads;”

“And then, in a keystroke, I heard an editor call,
‘We have another affiliate link’, I heard them all bawl.”

“He was dressed all in Nike, and shorts did he wear,
Rather odd I thought, for Wisconsin December air.
A bundle of Dell notebooks he had flung on his back,
Luckily for his cardio, he gave not a hack.”

“As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly…”

*OK so that one was part of the original but I really just love the imagery/motion

Merry Christmas and thanks for the laughs!

Dina

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 10:05 AM

Cathy Stucker writes:

Great job, Wally!

Merry Christimas and Happy New Year to Chris, Wally and everyone at EzineArticles.com. And many thanks for your hard work all through the year.

Now on to those New Year’s resolutions about writing and submitting more articles . . .

Cathy

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 10:14 AM

Rick Lannquist writes:

Good job on the paradoy. It tickled my funny bone.

Rick

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 10:30 AM

Karen Cook writes:

Outstanding! Gave me much-needed joy. This is
the first Christmas without my dear mother. Thank
you!

To everyone at EzineArticles, I wish the happiest of Holidays. To be accepted at THE top of the line home for articles gives me much pleasure.

To all the article writers out there…Merry Christmas!

Hugs to all,
Karen Cook

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 10:35 AM

Alex writes:

How clever! How hilarious! Zer good blog!!!

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 11:45 AM

Maureen O'Crean writes:

Very cute Chris. You hooked me with the
title (a trick I think you’ve taught us) because
I’m looking for the poem for tonight with
my kids.

I keep reading because it was so cute and
clever.

That’s why you’re staying on Santa’s
nice list for a message with no hype!

Thanks for the Merry Christmas delivered with class

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 12:03 PM

Glenn Coleman writes:

Chris,

Thanks for this cool Christmas Poem — Just what Santa Claus ordered…

I also learned that EzineArticles is much more
than just some computers…

Happy Holidays

Glenn Coleman
North Vancouver, Canada

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 12:36 PM

leaddog50 writes:

Wonderfully creative and entertaining. I’m glad to be an author here.

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 12:49 PM

Work At Home writes:

That was great! I love creativity like that. It’s also nice to showcase the people behind the scenes too.

I also wrote a ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas parody on my Work At Home site. Just click where it says Work At Home above to check it out.

Happy Holidays to all!

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 3:11 PM

Ernest Goldberg writes:

I like your xmas spirit and your great sence of humor, keep it up have a wonderful xmas and prosporous coming year. Ernest

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 5:11 PM

Mike Dougherty writes:

Merry Christmas to everyone at EzineArticles and to all the authors. And here’s to a wonderful 2007.

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 6:15 PM

It’s great to be a part of this community. Best wishes everyone for Christmas and the New Year!

Nickolove

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 6:24 PM

Gerri D Smith writes:

That was a great parody! It brought a smile or two to my face.

Happy Holidays to you and all the staff at EzineArticles.

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 8:44 PM

Merry Christmas Everybody !!!

Comment provided December 24, 2006 at 11:33 PM

This is great! Thanks so much Wally,
Happy Christmas to everyone at EzineArticles and to the great authors and colleagues on this blog.
Cynthia

Comment provided December 25, 2006 at 8:41 AM

Bruce Obermeyer writes:

I would have commented earlier, but I was busy making some new friends. I plan to submit an article about our “Christmas Eve Chimney Fire Adventure”, although I need a better title. I intend to include a checklist for readers both to prevent a chimney fire and also to provide steps to take in the event they experience one.

Yep, we had been burning a fire all afternoon into the evening when the chimney decided to light off with a roar and illunimate the backyard from the glow…thought Santa was arriving early in a jet-powered Sleigh…you should have seen the flames shooting out the top…even the neighbors came over to let us know it was on fire….made some new friends from the fire department and met some nice police officers, too…nice trucks…lots of lights, cool sounding sirens, the whole works…our tax dollars at work.

Back on topic, I have always loved poetry…especially since MISS Sabre Parsons introduced me to it in 10th grade, primarily Shakespeare, and I even wrote a poem. You can read it on my website if you ever visit. Just click on my photo.

I loved this poem, and it just proves what we already knew: The staff and management at EzineArticles.com take a back seat to NOBODY!

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year from the “Yule Log Capitol of Kansas”……to be continued…..

Comment provided December 25, 2006 at 2:47 PM

GHarold writes:

“Does anyone know a Doug?”

Quite creative. Excellent notice to affiliate marketers and PLR submitters. Great wordsmithing. Happy Holidays to you all and thank you for deciding my writing was worthy of inclusion in the community.

Comment provided December 25, 2006 at 7:14 PM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

Okay – so SHOOT me! I took Christmas off, and just saw this today…

Wally, that was the utmost. I rewrote this story myself for writer’s group, sent a copy to a good friend who rewrote it for me… I wonder, is it possible that “Twas the Night Before Christmas” is the most rewritten poem?

I have to admit, I like your version bestest!!! ;)

Merry Christmas!!! Happy Holidays – And I just want to wish you all a wonderfully BUSY week before the New Year.

I love Planning Week!!!

Jan

Comment provided December 26, 2006 at 11:31 AM

Jerome writes:

WOW! The writer get poetic!
Must be the season, does all kinds of funny things to otherwise normal beings. haha. Thoroughly enjoyed that poetic fling. Will there be more?

Comment provided December 27, 2006 at 7:59 PM

Bobbie 'Twa writes:

I couldn’t help but smile…..we get a lot of “mileage” from our last name…..too!

“Twa’s the night before Christmas…..”

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
The Twa Family