Is There A Life To An Article

Kathy from Texas Writes:

Is there a “life” to an article (i.e., do people look at only the most recently submitted articles) and is it worth doing a “refresh” to get the article back out there? If so, how often should I do it?

From my experience, the life cycle of an article is directly related to how evergreen the content of the article is. Example: If you wrote an article about “The Best Customer Service Strategies In 1996”- you might find that your content has become less valuable today than it was a decade ago… but, most authors who send me stories every single week about the success they’ve had with OLD articles confirms my belief that ONCE YOU WRITE IT, SUBMIT IT; LEAVE IT ALONE.

If I was reading further into your comment, I think what you’re really asking me is this: Since my article gets the BOOSTER ROCKET effect because that’s part of your EzineArticles system (designed to bring a higher profile level of our own traffic to new articles), should I blow away the article (delete it) and resubmit it to get the sugar insulin traffic spike?

Answer = NO! That’s the fastest way to lose credibility and trust with us. Why would you want to lose all of the traffic that your OLD articles are pulling for you? Instead, invest your energy in quality new article creation.

Jan Verhoeff writes:

In the early days, with bad advice, I revamped some article titles and resubmitted them. It doesn’t work – your titles may look pretty but… your articles hit a slump. It took a while to get better results again, after the sluggers dropped off the scene.

Beside, that cute little note from Wally, whopping me for duplicate content hurt my feelings enough never to go back and touch those articles again. I hadn’t intended to leave any of the old title articles up, but I forgot which articles they belonged to and left two of them up. So, my wretched schedule and my bad memory got me in trouble — that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. ;)

I’m with Chris – leave ’em alone and keep on writing!

Comment provided December 29, 2006 at 12:52 PM

Audrey Okaneko writes:

I have found that as long as my article is still relevant, it continues to be read and used.

I use one example all the time This article was written 10 years ago.

To this day I still get requests from ezine publishers asking for permission to use the article and I still get emails from moms telling me their own personal stories of passwording their own children.

I have never “rewritten” this article, as the information is as relevant today as it was 10 years ago.

When I engage in activity that brings folks to my site, or to my articles in general, I continue to hear this feedback on this article. When I stop marketing activities, the comments stop.

Audrey :)

Comment provided December 29, 2006 at 2:12 PM

Sorry to break the subject, but I just want to say; “I Really Love” and I am so proud to be a part of it all. It is so great you allow us article authors to participate in shaping the future of the Great Company. Thank you so much and I just know, I can just feel it, can’t you just feel it; that 2007 is going to be an Awesome Year for all of us article authors and all you wonderful folks at my favorite reading spot on the World Wide Web. HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Comment provided December 29, 2006 at 11:18 PM

Paula writes:

I personally don’t think there is a need to ‘refresh’ an article. I had an article on Ezine for three years and it was still being added to sites. I think a good majority of users do a search for their topic and will wade through looking for the best most relevant articles for their site.

Comment provided December 30, 2006 at 1:58 AM

Brenda Harness writes:

In searching for places to publish, I’ve accumulated a list of about 60 different web sites where I could publish the same article. Is this what you mean by republishing? Currently, I’ve only actually uploaded articles to about 10 or so of those sites, while my articles have “gravitated” to some of those others. Is it worthwhile for me as a new author to upload the *same* article to as many different sites as I can? Or would my time be better spent in writing new articles and sticking to those few sites that I like? Publishing articles is quite a laborious process as I’m sure you know.

Comment provided December 30, 2006 at 9:10 AM

“Or would my time be better spent in writing new articles and sticking to those few sites that I like?”

From the lurking I’ve been doing around here recently, ;-), the above seems to work better… and I prefer it intuitively.

There’s an article and a few past blog posts leading to that and other articles that also provide direct answers… just explore a bit or do a search…

btw, JUST noticed this excellent resource that may be taken down soon… Chris’ notes in an interview-turned-teleclass that I found searching for the articles on your question that I referred to above:

Bestest of the BEST for every EzineArticles Family member in 2007.

PS Can somebody please help b4 my hair goes completely gray trying to figure this out? HOW do u make the links in a pdf doc clickable??? I couldn’t figure when I did one last evening and couldn’t click the links in the above resource just now… HELP, please….

Angela Chen Shui
Spiritual Life Coach, Internet Mompreneur

Comment provided December 31, 2006 at 11:11 AM

Brenda Harness writes:

I didn’t think it possible to put a link into a PDF file, but my programmer/analyst husband says it is possible, but you’d need Adobe Acrobat to do it. Hope this helps.

Comment provided December 31, 2006 at 6:07 PM

Paula writes:

This site has instructions on creating links in pdf documents:

Comment provided December 31, 2006 at 7:50 PM

Hi folks,

To answer the question…

There is NO life to an article if the sig box links are removed or disabled. That’s because, in reality, the article no longer exists for YOU. It is “invisible” to people who want to visit your website.

That is NOT happening here at EzineArticles.

However, I know that unscrupulous “article farm” site owners are trolling this and other reputable article sites for content. These farms, as I call them, are springing up all over the place. Unlike this excellent site most of the farm sites look crappy.

Once the article farm owner ascertains which articles are the most popular they copy them, paste them to their own nasty sites, disable the links, surround the broken article with Google Adsense and start selfishly to make money for themselves.

I have a new article in the queue, awaiting approval for publishing, that EXPOSES this rotten practice.

Here is the title so you can look for it if you are interested. ALL article writers SHOULD be interested because it amounts to theft and breach of copyright.

“Article Authors – WARNING – You Are Being Ripped Off by Unscrupulous Website and Ezine Owners.”

I know this sounds like a promo for my latest article but it’s not. I am FURIOUS that this is happening! I just want to alert all article writers to it.

It has happened to me so many times. I have articles on article farm sites with dead links all over the place. You guys probably do too.

It’s not fair. It’s downright theft. And it is happening with greater regularity.

These people bank on the fact that article writers are too busy writing articles to check on the ones that they have already written.

Gary Simpson

Comment provided January 3, 2007 at 6:45 PM

Good points Gary, I read your article and thank you for that information to us article authors.

Comment provided January 3, 2007 at 8:48 PM

Thanks Lance,

With over 10,000 articles I’ll bet London to a brick that you have been massively ripped off. How could you possibly check?

This is a real scourge. We need to stamp this lousy practice out.

Anyone got any ideas?

Gary Simpson

PS: That article I mentioned above has now gone live. Here’s the URL:—WARNING—You-Are-Being-Ripped-Off-by-Unscrupulous-Website-and-Ezine-Owners&id=403359

Comment provided January 3, 2007 at 9:12 PM

Gary, generally it is hard to check to see How Much you have been ripped off, but I take google email alerts for topics of Interest things like; UAVs, Robotics, Virtual Reality, aerodynamics, computer brain interfaces and nano-technology amongst many. What happens is I see something new pop-up and click on the link only to find that I wrote it and someone else is either taking credit for it or simply stole it and posted it on their website. Other than that I may not have really noticed. But I have found that some sites use to “scrape” this site and take all the articles, but now they cannot do that anymore.

Comment provided January 3, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Hi Lance,

Yes I get Google Alerts too.

However, what I have been doing is entering some of my most popular article titles into various search engines and then, at random, just clicking on what I find.

I’m pretty horrified by the dead links that are out there. Some of these scrapers even mangle your articles. But they don’t care. All they are after is keywords for Google Adsense.

I’ll bet that every decent article author is being blown to smithereens by this illegal practice.

How does this site defend against scraping? I emailed Chris earlier about it. You seem to know Lance. Can you tell me?

Gary Simpson

Comment provided January 3, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Gary Simpson writes:

I just thought of something.

As of today’s date, there are 41,123 authors who contribute to this site.

Could you imagine if each one of them did a search of these rip off article sites and began to email them in the manner that I outlined in my article (link above)?

That would not only send a BIG message, it would drive the rogue owners insane.

As it is, I am very close to contacting Google’s admin and exposing some of these sites. All they have to do is ignore my second email and that is what I will do.

I just don’t think that it is fair to steal other people’s work, display it against the conventions that EVERYBODY is aware of and then make money out of it in the process. It’s not only illegal – it’s bloody rude!

What do others think? Am I the only one bothered by it? If so, I’ll shut up.

Gary Simpson

Comment provided January 3, 2007 at 11:05 PM

Gary, I had an email conversation with Chris back in mid 2006 when I discovered a bunch of my articles ended up on a website in a country in Mid Asia and was a little concerned and apparently they had been scraping the site, Chris stopped the ability for people to do that back then.

What you and I have both noticed it appears is that the problem is huge. The mangled articles you refer to upsets me too. It is like someone programmed a computer to take the information and then post it, but in doing so they obviously did not program it right. One site has a title for another article then the one they stole from you and then your title next to an article the stole from someone else.

Others stop the article mid-drift and end the page right there. Some have no paragraphing and some put pictures in the center that overrides the article or the article runs off their margins and therefore cannot really be read at all; so I personally have seen too many of my articles completely mangled like you, most without my name on them or links back to where they got them; . I know they took them from here because this is the only place I post them.

Maybe there should be a place on this website in the Author Secured Section to report websites that do this and then collect them all somewhere? Stealing content is against the law of course. Maybe we can sue these folks and use that money to monitor these things and pay staff to really go after them? I cannot believe that every author is upset at this.

My belief is that many authors turn their head and consider it a cost of doing business in this venue although certainly the gain is worth the frustration, but like athlete’s foot, if you have the problem you just want it to go away.

Comment provided January 3, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Hi Lance,

Maybe you and I are the only ones concerned about this right now.

Yes, I experienced the same things that you mentioned above with regards to mangling. I was first alerted to this when another Ezine Article author sent me a blistering email accusing me of ripping him off. He wanted to drag me off to the US Attorney General and have me charged with plagiarism and copyright theft.

I had no idea what he was on about at first. It was a real attack on my integrity and it came out of nowhere. Then he sent me the link.

This rotten article mangulation site had put my name on his articles, other people’s names on my articles and chopped, hacked and mangled everything. I emailed him back and asked him to study this rotten site properly before he accused me of anything else. Eventually he reluctantly agreed that I had done nothing wrong.

When we send an article into cyberspace we cannot control who does what to it. We rely on trust. And that is where we are all being abused.

At that time I also had some private emails back and forth to Chris. After that I wrote my first expose on this ( I think it was published here too but I don’t have time to search for it now.

I wasn’t aware that Chris had added any security. If so, thanks Chris.

Chris would probably remember my concern as it involved the other Ezine Article author whose name I remember but will not divulge as it would be embarrasing for him.

What can we do? Your ideas sound good Lance but I reckon most people wouldn’t give a toss. If it causes them effort then they probably just won’t want to know about it.

Sadly, all the time and effort that they put into crafting their articles is being siphoned away by the unscrupulous ones out there – the rogue operators.

Gary Simpson

Comment provided January 3, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Your feelings are fully understood and every writer reaches this stage at some point in their article writing journey.

I’d recommend that you take a step back from what’s going on and realize a few points:

1) Karmically, the search engines work very hard to MUTE those who are stupid and engage in this behavior… which means, those who rip you off will NEVER achieve significance! period.

2) There has never been a loser who ripped off other authors RISE TO TRAFFIC POWER. It has never happened and never will happen.

3) You should pick your battles. Decide what level of content theft should get your attention and focus on the worst offenders.

4) The NET result from syndicating your articles is MORE POSITIVE than it is negative.

5) EzineArticles is expending a very large sum of capital and human resources to mitigate the content theft that does occur. I’ve shared some of the strategies in this blog and many of the techniques are not shared on purpose to not tip off the unethical publishers.

6) Don’t bother Google or any search engine with your plea. They are only an intermediary and should not be bothered with your request.

7) If you want to act, contact the thief DIRECTLY. If they don’t respond, then contact their web hosting provider. If they don’t respond, contact the host of the web hosting provider. Cite an AUP or TOS violation.

8) It’s best to not publicly OUT the losers who steal from you as this will only INCREASE the harm they will do to you personally. It’s better to take up your beef directly with them or their web hosting provider.

9) Know that the rogue operators are the MINORITY, not the majority of publishers.

From us at; You can be assured that we’re going to make a serious dent in 2007 to crack down on those who do harm to our authors and our article marketing system… but please have patience as this is a process, and not a clear cut destination.

Comment provided January 4, 2007 at 10:56 AM

Hi Chris,

Before I start – a big “DUH” to me. I had a better response than this but… I hit the publish button without entering the security code and… guess what happened?

In answer to your comments:

1 – Agreed. The people will vote with their clicks.

2 – You are probably correct.

3 – Definitely. I have this mob in my sights right now. I’m moving up the ladder of escalation.

4 – I agree. However, it is a pity that we have to put up with this rubbish. This battle is not just about me. It affects all authors.

5 – Your term “unethical publishers” amuses me. I’d rather call them thieves. They know that what they are doing is illegal.

6 – I guess bothering or not bothering Google is my decision. I am still contemplating this. Like I said, I’ll move up the ladder.

However, let’s understand why this goes on in the FIRST place…

Google promotes aggressively its Adsense program. That is the prime reason why these thieves do this. They want lots of traffic through lots of searchable keywords then they want to make exit clicks on the Adsense adverts to make passive income. Passive income through active theft. Hey, I’m gonna use that in another article!

7 – I have sent them an email which they have ignored. I have sent a warning which they have also ignored. You’re right, that will be my next move.

8 – I wasn’t intending to name anybody. As for hurting me personally… hmm. Aren’t they already doing that? And like I said, it’s not just about me. I am only railing about this to WARN others about what is going on.

Regarding naming the offenders – it’s a bit like having to hold your tongue when a minor (under 18) commits a crime. They do what they like and they cannot be named for “legal reasons” – even if they are a recidivist.

9 – I know that these monkeys are in the minority. They probably think that they are being “oh so clever.” Yes, what you said about karma is true. Like John Lennon said “Instant karma’s gonna get ya…” (Gee, I just attributed those 5 words to JL.)

Chris, I appreciate your comments. I want to thank you for your very considered response. I do that on behalf of all the authors who publish at EzineArticles, the vast majority of whom (maybe 99.9%) will never even read this.

Thanks Chris!

Gary Simpson.

Comment provided January 4, 2007 at 4:23 PM

You’d be surprised how many completely incompetent newbie publishers are not aware that they are doing anything wrong.

Some are guided by lame guru’s… Others just don’t know better or are missing a moral compass.

I know with certainty that you can accomplish your mission of getting any theft rectified 100% via the path of contacting the thieves first, then their ISP, and lastly, their ISP’s ISP. This forumula has never failed us and as time expensive as it is, it always works because every ISP has an AUP or TOS that prohibits this behavior.

The highest person in the laddar that you’re talking about is the ISP’s ISP… BECAUSE, if they don’t enforce their AUP, they know you’ll go to THEIR ISP and cry foul for not enforcing their AUP and they don’t want to risk being blocked by the bigger ISP.

Example: You complain to the thief. He or she does nothing.

You complain to the ISP. Their primary motivation for helping you is to avoid you going to their ISP. That is what they fear the most. Trust me on this one…because I was the CEO of an ISP before this business.

If the ISP of the thief doesn’t help you, your next step is to respectfully threaten to take up their lack of AUP enforcement with their ISP (and then list the name of their ISP). All of this info can be found out with simple traceroutes.

The burdeon to resolve this matter lies clearly with the ISP for having a ‘bad customer’.

Comment provided January 4, 2007 at 8:13 PM

Hi Chris,

Does this mean that we are becoming “penpals?” LOL! Maybe I should have said “e-pals.”

Moving on to the matter at hand…

I reckon that a site with over 100,000 articles knows what is right and what is wrong. (That is 10 Lance Winslow’s). Maybe they use third-party trollers and scrapers, who they pay a pittance to, who do not know. Then again, ignorance has never been a defensible excuse. Try telling a traffic cop that you didn’t know the speed limit when he is writing you an infringement notice.

Side bar…

Isn’t “guru” a deliciously disgusting term? I don’t know any gurus. Maybe Buddha was a guru. Maybe the Dalai Lama is. To call some tinpot SEO person or traffic witchdoctor a guru is a misnomer, in my opinion. And we all know that the internet abounds with false gurus. The term has been so over-used, misused and abused that the even word itself actually disgusts me now.

Your TOS/ISP course of action is the one that I am following now as this mob have ignored both of my emails of “cease and desist.” That in itself is plain rude. The fact is, I have given them an opportunity to ameliorate their ways BEFORE I load up for bear.

I had to smile at your reference to a “moral compass.” Well said. I like clever prose. It inspires me to better offerings.

On that note, I gave Jeff Herring a 5/5 vote yesterday for his article on “How to Write a Prospect-Pulling Resource Box.” In it he used this comment:

“Most writers are guilty of poor article marketing because they use the resource box as sort of a virtual ‘ego wall’ in their office.”

I have re-read that line several times because I thought it was so clever – and true!

Thanks again for your time and considered comments. The TOS/ISP route is where this is heading. I’ll send them one more email with “TOS/ISP Violation” in the heading. Let’s see what happens…

Regards and Best Wishes for 2007

Gary Simpson

Comment provided January 4, 2007 at 8:50 PM

It seems that the newbie quick up website owners attempting to capitalize on key words seem to be causing most of these issues. And rather than fixing their mistakes, they just keep building websites. One theory I have is that they want their websites crappy so that people will click out on an ad because everything is so garbled up. I think they actually are using this strategy now, so for them to fix their sites means less click-thrus for them, less money? So they actually get paid to mangle articles, and that concerns me too.

Comment provided January 5, 2007 at 6:25 PM

Spot on Lance!

That is what I reckon too.

So, has Google itself been (unknowingly) complicit in this latest scam of the anti-marketers?

And… if authors like us do not bring them to account, will the sheer numbers of these sites proliferate?

Maybe the Googologists at Google need to re-jig their algorithmic formulae to squash these sites. If there was no benefit (ie Adsense clicks) then they simply would not exist.

Gary Simpson

Comment provided January 5, 2007 at 7:16 PM

It would be nice if the “Google-Ologists” re-develop their spider programs and algorithms to remove these types of sites from the first 10 pages of their search returns as that would certainly dampen these purpertrators.

As I study the various types of search engines and their techniques it is too bad sometimes that Google has such a large percentage of the market, as other search engines often provide better results for the user. But it is all about marketing for Google. And with their research department, I cannot believe that they are not looking into this, but the slowness to respond is bothersome and telling of a future bureaucracy.

I would imagine that riding the next peak of Google’s stock would be wise, but then selling it all, as it moves up quickly, because if this continues and Google does not adapt to the new climate and environment of these scam type Google Adsense manipulators then all will be lost.

Of course in saying that; Shareholders Equity and Quarterly Profits are indeed a driver for stock price and if Google gets rid of these sites in the top tier search return pages then, they will temporarily lose profits in that quarter.

Catch-22 for them, although really and this is just in my opinion both the Internet and Google are at risk long-term if they do not. So this is a time for Wiki-Search,, Yahoo, MSN, etc to go for it and make hey and capture marketshare while Google attempts to hold up this impossible stock price.

And to that point and for anyone who does not remember the DotCom crash, well lets just say that their personal stock portfolios are doomed during the repeat, even if the scenario is only a dip for the over all Internet Stocks, it may not be for Google. Just thinking outloud and watching the Road Ahead, which looks more like a runway if some other company can capitalize on the failure of Google to right this problem.

Comment provided January 5, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Gary Simpson writes:

I’m not really sure how I would feel if my Adword advertisements were appearing on any of these pages.

Who reaps the benefits? Certainly Google does. They get a nice slice no matter what.

With over 100,000 articles in the article farm that I am concerned with at the moment that sure is one heck of a lot of page real estate.

Then again, not all real estate is equal.

Update on my 3rd email to the offenders with “TOS/ISP violation” in the subject field – still no response whatsoever.

Looks like I’ll have to put my kevlar helmet and flak-jacket on Chris.

Gary Simpson

Comment provided January 5, 2007 at 8:41 PM

It seems there is no mechanism on the Internet to thwart such scoundrels and even worse even if there was, it would be hard to stop the next one to take their place. The problem is large, and although Chris is correct in quoting Sun Tzu; fight the battles you can win. It still is rather disconcerting and unfortunate and does make you want to take action and storm these radical fundamentalist Blog eating turds? In a nice way of course I realize I cannot advocate violence against malcontents. I mean those cheaters and liars with a different perspective or POV? I mean those folks who need to grow and reach one with the universe and have yet so far to go?

Comment provided January 5, 2007 at 9:00 PM

Gary Simpson writes:

Let’s hope that Google will step up to the plate and swat them with a thoroughly dampened cabbage leaf.

That’s what the judges do to crooks over here in Australia.

Then the evil ones simply go right back out on the street and enforce their evilness all over again. Until one day they go too far, pick on the wrong person and end up dead in some gutter. It’s a hopeless situation.

If positive action was taken in the first instance then everybody would be better off, including the crooks.

Just thought I’d toss that in.

Seriously, Google needs to do something. But I realize that if they ban the Adsense adverts on these basement-quality content farms then they penalize themselves in the process.

What to do… what to do…

Comment provided January 5, 2007 at 9:22 PM

Gary. You know if every article author contacted one website owner per week who was doing this or one web hosting company that hosted this garbage then I bet that the barrage of comments would stop the problem. We have 40K plus authors here? Just thinking outloud on WHAT we could do?

Comment provided January 6, 2007 at 12:05 AM

Gary Simpson writes:

Yeah. I think I mentioned that somewhere.

40,000 is a force to be reckoned with.

The problem – as always – is motivating the troops.

Less than 1% would do it. The other 99% would find all sorts of reasons not to.

Anyway, I’m climbing up to the third rope and I’m gonna deliver a Shawn Michaels flying elbow smash on my victim who is lying helpless in the center of the ring.

Er, I guess you have to be a WWE fan to know what I am saying there – LOL.

I haven’t lost my sense of humor over this.

Comment provided January 6, 2007 at 1:36 AM

Gary, I agree with the motivation factor. How do you get everyone into the loop so we can all make a difference together. I think I had mentioned curing cancer and all the authors pledge to write one article every week for a month calling for more funding to wipe out cancer.

Reason is if we can spend 750 Billion in Iraq we sure could spend 50 Billion to wipe out cancer. If everyone wrote 4 articles we would literally be able to dominate all key words with pleas for legislators to get with the program.

Comment provided January 6, 2007 at 3:28 AM

Gary Simpson writes:

Oh oh. You just hit on a pet peeve of mine – war.

Humans just wouldn’t be humans without killing themselves in the name of some stupid, mindless war.

Has there ever been even ONE SECOND in world history where some faction hasn’t been killing some other faction? What does it achieve?

What President or Prime Minister or other leader in world history would prefer to spend more money on cancer research that a GOOD OLD WAR?

Can anyone think of just ONE? Huh?

Gary Simpson

Comment provided January 6, 2007 at 4:29 AM

Your question about Wars and the value of Human Life as opposed to Article Life can be best answered by considering what gives humans a sense of purpose and reading; Carl von Clauswitz, Colonel Boyd, Sun Tzu, Machiavelli to start.

With all the Sound and Fury of the human race and what Dina calls “Alpha Male” syndrome you can begin to understand why we need to defend ourselves from the up and coming would be wannabe ruler willing to others to get theirs. When humans cannot get achieve their desires on the Maslow Hierarchy of needs thru political means they often turn to violence. Unfortunately this is genetically programmed.

Watch kids sometime thru temper tantrums after asking both mommy and daddy for something and having been refused all hell breaks lose? Primates do the same thing, as do many species. Nations who wish to be on-going must defend against these truths, because once a leader in a rises to power in a Nation-state, he can then rally the people who put them there into Fear and Hate of another nation, thus making his nation a rogue against the peaceful world.

So when a Rogue Website Producer makes thousands of websites and mangles articles, they are serving their own will at the expense of the freedom of information flow and communication of the entire Internet. If they are not stopped of their own free-will then peace cannot be achieved. So often political impasse is certain and no negotiation is available, thus we have all the makings of a war? ‚¬€ Lance

Comment provided January 6, 2007 at 1:15 PM

Actually, there is a mechanism on the Internet to thwart content thieves: The search engines work very hard to NOT index them or rank them lower…and thus, they don’t deliver traffic to them.

It used to happen all the time that I’d use the search engines to find something and they would return a junk MFA site, but in the last 6-9 months, I haven’t seen any in the top search results. This tells me that the search engines have succeeded in mitigating the negative impact of the articlevomit sites.

Google HAS stepped up to the plate and I think they’ve done a heck of a job in a nearly impossible to completely manage situation.

Lance is right that web hosting providers of content thieves will get tired of hearing from COMPLAINTS and may fire their clients or terminate them for AUP/TOS violations.

Let’s keep the IRAQ WAR out of this discussion. It’s not relevant.

Comment provided January 6, 2007 at 5:52 PM

You know I have noticed an interesting observation and that is that seems to filter out many of these rather worthless type websites, which mangle articles and are nothing more than AdSense website traps for Internet Users. What are the best and worst websites for such things?

Comment provided January 6, 2007 at 11:37 PM

“Articlevomit sites”

– loved it!

And if that is happening, Lance, then more power to the search engines.

Comment provided January 7, 2007 at 2:38 AM

Brenda and Paula,

Just wanted to say thanks for your links-in-pdf help above. Actually tracked down this blog post last week, found your answers, wrote a response then my ‘puter zapped me again.. and everything was lost.

Comment provided January 17, 2007 at 7:21 AM