The I LOVE EZINEARTICLES Mugs

This past week we’ve been tripping over hundreds of “I Love EzineArticles” mugs that our team has put together in a care package. The first round of 1400 mugs has been released this past week to the USA-based Platinum authors (with postal addresses that validated) who became Platinum sometime between Dec 1st 2005 through October 2006. After these go out, we’ll be catching up the new Platinum authors, so if you just qualified, be watching for the mug. After that, we’ll be putting together another care package (not sure what yet for the token) for charter Platinum members who received the mugs in 2005 and stayed active in 2006; and then we’ll focus on some love for the top expert authors who live outside of the USA.

Since we were tripping over the mugs, a couple of our dev guys thought it would be cool to create a 20 foot long layout of the mugs:

Email us your mug shot and we’ll add your photo to the latest round.

“Tripping over the mugs,” you say? That Mug Art your guys created is the trippiest thing I have ever seen! Wayyy better than The Gates in Central Park.

Go, Dev Guys.

Comment provided November 19, 2006 at 7:36 AM

that is so cool, very nice gift indeed.
but now I am in a panic….

Me, “do they have my address? Is the address they have for me correct? Do they ship to PO Boxes? ”

It is clear that I need another cup of coffee – and soon I’ll be sipping it out of a cool EzineArticles mug.

You all are the best.
Cynthia

Comment provided November 19, 2006 at 8:12 AM

Did Lance get a set of 6 mugs, or perhaps the full EzineArticles place setting?

Comment provided November 19, 2006 at 8:42 AM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

That’s an awesome wall display! I’m thinking we all ought to send our photo/mug shots so you can have a wall of ‘mug shots’.

In case anyone hasn’t figured it out yet – EzineArticles ROCK!!! You guys are terrific!!!

Thanks,

Jan

Comment provided November 19, 2006 at 10:13 AM

Bill Glass writes:

By no means do I mean to come across as arrogant or self righteous. It’s actually quite the opposite.
Regardless of what your stance is on the “War”.
For the money you are spending to reward people
for thier opinions….What would the “troops” give
for a pack of baby wipes ?

Comment provided November 19, 2006 at 10:17 AM

Pamela Beers writes:

LOVE THE MUG!!! Thanks so much y’all. I had my first cup of coffee this morning out of the ezinearticle mug. Now I really have EzineArticles in my system.

Such a nice gesture, Chris and Team. It’s so nice to be appreciated.

Cynthia, I wondered the same thing about Lance myself; a least a setting for 12. LOL

Comment provided November 19, 2006 at 10:49 AM

Susan Scharfman writes:

Personally, I’m into respect, especially for privacy. With great respect to you, Bill Glass, I do not believe it is up to you or anyone else to chastise another entity for what they might or might not contribute or donate. We have no idea what EzineArticles does in this regard, nor is it our business to know. You have no idea how many of us might have close relatives in Iraq or Afghanistan, whether we send them baby wipes or love packages.

EzineArticles authors contribute their articles gratis. Why not think of these mugs as a wonderfully creative and goodhearted way of acknowledging them? Personally, I’m a java junkie. I look forward to seeing the little mug on my desk. It will serve to remind me of all serious writers who struggle every day through the blocks and rewards of this great avenue for self-expression. This is one Christmas gift I look forward to receiving.

suschar

Comment provided November 19, 2006 at 11:55 AM

Cynthia,

Yes, we are shipping to USA based PO Boxes and even if your PO Box is too small to receive the box; they will put a key or a note in your box to get it from the overflow lockers that every post office has. :-)

Comment provided November 19, 2006 at 12:29 PM

What a relief! (big sigh)
=)

Comment provided November 19, 2006 at 12:34 PM

I tried that with Dominoes, but they fell over before I finished?

Comment provided November 20, 2006 at 3:33 AM

Lance, you have to put the dominoes on a flat surface, not on the hood of one of your cars.

Jeff

Comment provided November 20, 2006 at 8:01 AM

Audrey Okaneko writes:

Hmm if the ezine staff had time to build this adorable mug banner, we are not giving them enough articles to approve. (very evil grin) I’m doing my part to keep the staff busy. I keep telling other folks about EzineArticles over and over and over.

I think the mugs are a really sweet way to say thanks to the authors who do submit to EzineArticles. I can’t wait to get mine.

Once again, kudos to a great staff who work really hard to get our articles out as quick as they can. You folks are awesome!

Audrey

Comment provided November 20, 2006 at 10:42 AM

Thanks Jeff, you know that kind of makes sense; using a flat surface for the dominoes. I will consider this wise information on my next go around!!!

Comment provided November 20, 2006 at 8:08 PM

Ruth writes:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the mug. It came on my birthday during the party. What a nice gift!

Thanks again!!

Ruth

Comment provided November 23, 2006 at 8:59 AM

Shirley Parker writes:

Cynthia, they really do deliver to post office boxes. Received my mug yesterday via a key for one of the overflow lockers, just like Chris said. What a nice surprise! I really appreciate the gesture of thanks.

Comment provided November 23, 2006 at 9:12 PM

Hey Shirley,
thanks for the information. My mug arrived on Wednesday (yippee)!

I can’t remember ever giving my address – but I am so glad I did. I usually sip tea when I am working with clients. I am thinking this mug will last for a 90 minute session – and that is a wonderful attribute.

Thanks again,
Cynthia

Comment provided November 24, 2006 at 9:14 AM

You make a good point Cynthia… about having given your snail mail address.

When we put this 1,400 mug mailing together, we ended up only being able to get a little over 1,200 USA addresses that validated with our Internet postage vendor… and of them, so far 35 have bounced back undeliverable.

This gives me an idea… perhaps we should send an advanced notice email a month before we send something physical in the mail so that our authors could update their profile with the best address that is currently valid…

Comment provided November 26, 2006 at 7:52 PM

so you could send out a notice to the platinum authors saying, “please update your correct mailing address by ______” and those folks would get the treat in the mail.

Works for me.

Cynthia – who has no plans on moving in the next year, or ten.

Comment provided November 26, 2006 at 9:26 PM

Susan Scharfman writes:

Chris: if your team did send my mug I can check with my local PO to see if they have it. Our PO is dyslexic; frequently get people and places wrong. Cheers!

susan