Debbie LaChusa’s Podcast Interview of Chris Knight

EzineArticles expert author Debbie LaChusa of recently interviewed me for her Podcast that was posted late last night. [CLICK HERE TO LISTEN 25:31 Minutes]

Some secrets revealed about which category you’re articles are and whether that impacts how much exposure your articles generate; what article marketing really is and how to get started; and how to figure out where to market your articles once you’ve started your basic article writing & marketing plan.

[Side Note: Want to learn more about Podcasting? Read our collection of 167+ Podcasting articles.]

Dina writes:

Debbie LaChusa has one of the best speaking voices I’ve heard yet – and her delivery is excellent too.

I think I’m one of the rare few who believes that podcast Voice Overs might be a good thing for online audio presentations.

Luckily for Debbie, she doesn’t need a VO because she’s already got the vocals down!

Great job, Debbie. And Chris, excellent as always.

Comment provided November 10, 2006 at 11:22 AM

Debbie LaChusa writes:

Thanks Dina!

What can I say, I LOVE to talk and interview great people like Chris. I also love the way online audio and podcasting allows me to bring more of my personality to the web. Written words on a page are one thing. But in my opinion, audio really brings life to this medium.

I’d also like to offer a special thanks to Chris for being such a great interview guest and sharing lots of great content for my “Marketing Success Podcast” listeners.

It’s easy to do a great interview when you’ve got a great guest!

Comment provided November 10, 2006 at 1:10 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

I haven’t listened to the podcast yet but I will later. Just wanted to let you know that the link for the Mp3 file is a popup and my Google toolbar is blocking it.

Comment provided November 10, 2006 at 2:56 PM

It wasn’t a popup for me, but here’s the direct link for now to the MP3:

Comment provided November 10, 2006 at 3:07 PM

scott writes:

Terrific interview from Debbie. And lots of good info from Chris.

One question — does Google consider (or any recognized article directory like this) an “artificial” link — in terms of the quality of inbound links it provides to a site?

Also — BTW — to avoid pop-up blockers, wen you click on a link, hit the ctrl button at the same time — that usually by-passes it.

Comment provided November 10, 2006 at 4:59 PM

adwin writes:

Great interview from debbie. Information is valuable that I wouldnt want to share it. And thank you scott for sharing one valuable tip.

Comment provided November 10, 2006 at 6:44 PM

Chris, you sure do a lot of interviews? Is this part of your strategy to become famous and help promote If so, maybe that is a good thing as it attracts people to this site. I wonder what the world record is for Internet Entrepreneurs doing interviews, I bet you are up there in the rankings?

Comment provided November 11, 2006 at 1:33 AM

Yes, the goal is to raise the profile of and find more expert authors or encourage those who are registered with us to do more.

In September & October I did a couple dozen email-based interviews and this month I was going to make myself available for a series of podcast interviews… but with training new hires and numerous projects that need completion; I’m going to back off for a bit.

As a rule, we don’t comment on what Google will or won’t do because we have no say in that.

Those that come to looking to build links for link building alone sake are not our ideal author profile. See:

Comment provided November 11, 2006 at 6:52 AM

I agree with the Interview Tactic and it kind of resembles a “Stump Speech” from the top politicians in that most all the interviews seem similar, but you learn something new each time, in the way you vary your responses, anyway, I wrote this article sometime back on the subject;

Which is why I mentioned that I noticed your excellent marketing in drawing specific articles and readership to this site to help all the authors. I applaud your efforts. This is going to be a great week for EzineArticles as we travel into the holidays and so I advise all authors to get those Holiday Articles finished and submit them. You will be glad you did, they really seem to pull and remember to make them evergreen for next holiday season or by stating “Gift Ideas for…” in the title somehow. Best Wishes and giving thanks in advance to because it ain’t no Turkey, this site pulls big time, all thru the holidays.

Comment provided November 12, 2006 at 9:08 PM

Glad you noticed…

I purposely didn’t answer any of the questions that were very similar with a stock response. I wanted to give the same general answer with either different examples or a different way of explaining my answer/thoughts.

Curious: How do you monetize your podcasts and the time that you invest in your podcast activities?

Comment provided November 13, 2006 at 6:34 AM

Debbie LaChusa writes:

Ah, the $64,000 question – how to monetize ….

You’ll notice I bookend my podcast with promotion for my website, free ezine and marketing mini-course. I’m currently using the podcast as a way to build my email list. It’s interesting because I’ve also had several people who were already on my list who finally decided to buy one of my products or services after hearing one of my podcast interviews.

It’s also been a great way to meet people and open the door for joint ventures.

And, I’m always looking for new ways … so if anyone has ideas, I’m open!

Comment provided November 13, 2006 at 9:58 AM