Behind The EzineArticles Scenes

Thought I’d give you an update as to why we’ve been quieter than normal over the past 2 weeks:

We’ve shifted gears to work on infrastructure to pour more cement into our foundation so that we can support the future demands and opportunities of our membership base better… and this includes a serious mega-project that will give us internal guidance based on millions of transactions flowing through the site so that we can troubleshoot and access or view the trust-variable with each member more accurately.

Accounting/Finance: This week our new Accounting Manager was hired (it was 2002 since we last had a team/staff member for this position) and we’re bracing ourselves to begin taking on a flood of new clients for various projects (direct advertising, exposure/pr, lead-gen, and training/educational products).

Tech/Development: Our entire tech/dev team was shipped off to Washington DC for a week recently to get trained on advanced performance tuning of our database servers. As they apply the new lessons learned, you’ll probably never notice it but we’ll see it in increased uptime, increased speed and increased efficiency in program design.

Management Team: I’ve outlined a simple plan for how our management team must change and how I view the future of the services I’d like us to provide our stakeholders… so much of my and our internal obsession on quality controls, the need for more speed and user usability tracking doesn’t make it to the blog or EzineArticles newsletter, but hopefully everyone will notice the collective lift that these efforts create. :-)

Curious: What are your observations of how has been performing over the past 2-6 weeks?

Wow. I just recently was given platinum status, and I’ve got to tell ya, I continue to be impressed with this site, the services it provides, and the traffic that comes from it. If you are improving even more, I can only imagine I’m going to be tickled pink. As I said, totally impressed.

Comment provided November 1, 2006 at 10:09 AM

Edward Weiss writes:

Great, except for that obnoxious Saturn flash ad at the beginning of my articles.

Comment provided November 1, 2006 at 5:16 PM

Keith Renninson writes:

Having been an entrepreneur for the past 30 years and knowing the stresses of growth, I applaude your continued efforts to be the best. Your site has brought new life to my websites, and in that short time I’ve enjoyed watching you progress up the success ladder.

I have a feeling that if we writers were to visit your offices, we would feel the passion and excitement.

I’m happy for you and your growth, but I’m sure it is the result of hard work & commitment.

Best wishes,

Comment provided November 2, 2006 at 12:43 AM

Matt Keegan writes:

That obnoxious Saturn ad has been appearing across the blogosphere, Edward. One of my blogs has been over run with it. Thank you, Google!

Comment provided November 2, 2006 at 8:24 AM

I just surfed a good handful of your articles and wasn’t able to see the Saturn ad… Perhaps it’s geotargeted to you and not me.

If it’s very annoying, we could review the possibility of banning it on our site.

Comment provided November 2, 2006 at 9:27 AM

Edward Weiss writes:

Matt, thanks for validating that these ads actually appear. I was beginning to think I was seeing things. Chris, I guess Google inserts video flash ads into their ad mix. Perhaps you haven’t seen it because it rotates. It’s a huge flash ad that begins at the start of the article. Very distracting AND not too enhancing for someone looking for information. It detracts from your site.

Comment provided November 2, 2006 at 12:24 PM

What’s the URL of the company being advertised in the annoying flash annimation?

You can find this out by looking at the bottom of the ad and there will be a URL.

Usually Google’s Adwords team has been pretty good at not letting cheesy ads slip through… you know, the kind that 2nd and 3rd tier ad brokers pitch all the time (punch the monkey with rainbow colors flashing).

Comment provided November 2, 2006 at 1:06 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Here’s the URL:

I can’t believe you can’t see it. It comes up almost everytime one of my article pages loads. Google is losing its cache. It looks like the $$ has taken another innovator. Look out for

Comment provided November 2, 2006 at 1:17 PM

Phil Grisolia writes:

I’ve only submitted a dozen or so articles, Chris, most of which I viewed as problem-free. But when I goofed I did it with flare. Your editors, bless their bleary eyes, caught those goofs and fixed ’em before putting me out there on the road to fame and glory.

And as for your support staff, they are soooo patient, along with being thorough and quick to respond.

It sure is interesting to see who’s picking up my stuff, interesting, too, is the fact I’ve seen a huge jump in site visitors, including subscribers to my newsletter. My thanks to a great team…

Comment provided November 3, 2006 at 8:06 AM

Glad to hear!

Be sure to send in your audio/written testimonial whenever you get a chance as we love reading & listening to them:

Comment provided November 3, 2006 at 8:29 AM

Dina writes:

Your current business model attracts the cream of the internet marketing crop. From the author pool, you have your pick of the top talent on the web, as well as tons of business owners who all want more exposure. I would say that you are royally hooked up with a warm target audience AND the support system to get them wherever they want to go, in terms of marketing and PR.

There is no place to go with this idea but UP!

All the best in your new endeavors.

Comment provided November 4, 2006 at 9:00 AM

Medardo writes:

I’d like to stay here, so I’ve submitted two, one is still in review. And thanks to the new features. Hope to be at home. Thanks

Comment provided November 8, 2006 at 12:16 AM